Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Might have been mentioned already but noticed with 20.7 that wipers are an available selection under Display > Scroll Wheel Function.

So you no longer need to press the button on the end of the wiper stalk then move left/right with the left scroll wheel. Instead, long press left scroll button then scroll up/down to select speed/auto/off.

Includes new UI for wiper selection:

20230713_101504.jpg

I've done 250 miles on 20.8:
There's a new bug in "poor weather detected, NaO disabled" whereby it becomes available and instantly unavailable at the end of a rain shower - happens multiple times on multiple occasions (reboot done, no difference)
Turn arrows still hidden behind the browser window (used for Android Auto) - introduced in 20.7

I've done 250 miles on 20.8:
There's a new bug in "poor weather detected, NaO disabled" whereby it becomes available and instantly unavailable at the end of a rain shower - happens multiple times on multiple occasions (reboot done, no difference)
I've also had this behaviour under 2023.12.11. I just turned of NaO and it stopped the bing-bonging

Seems to be some different behaviour regarding updates (for me anyway)...currently on 2023.20.4.1 and as of yesterday (July 13th) the car hadn't checked for updates since June 28th (preference set to 'Advanced'). It's been connected to the mobile network all this time (as proven by live traffic) but not wi-fi. In the past I always got notified an update was available either in the car or via the app, occasionally noticing it on TeslaMate, at which point I moved the wi-fi extender to install the upgrade.

Something different seems to be happening now, thought maybe it's not checking for updates unless connected to wi-fi but just connected it and the car still last checked in June.

But, I'd expect TeslaMate would know an update was available irrespective of whether the car is connected to anything, or asleep, as presumably it communicates directly with the server.

Very odd, but doesn't seem like I've missed much.

Seems to be some different behaviour regarding updates (for me anyway)...currently on 2023.20.4.1 and as of yesterday (July 13th) the car hadn't checked for updates since June 28th (preference set to 'Advanced'). It's been connected to the mobile network all this time (as proven by live traffic) but not wi-fi. In the past I always got notified an update was available either in the car or via the app, occasionally noticing it on TeslaMate, at which point I moved the wi-fi extender to install the upgrade.

Something different seems to be happening now, thought maybe it's not checking for updates unless connected to wi-fi but just connected it and the car still last checked in June.

An hour or so after connecting to wi-fi and 2023.20.8 is available, so based on this evidence then software update notifications now seem to need the car connecting to wi-fi.

In my experience the main notification (and the only notification in the app) is after the new software has already been downloaded, and is ready to be installed. The only notification that a new version is ready to download is a little download icon in the status bar on the screen in the car - which is easy to miss.

It's designed around people who park the car in range of their home wi-fi, and is a less than ideal user experience for those of us who don't.