Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla are here at the moment. As usual the technician is brilliant.

He’s heard my explanation of the lane departure warning issue and it’s associated problems and I’ve also told him about the many other similar comments on this forum.

He’s just in the process of changing my repeater cameras for the latest V4.

They think it’s possible that pre-2021 cars with the same camera versions as mine (2019 3P) could have a problem with the latest software.

When the cameras have been replaced, they will need to be recalibrated which takes approximately 50 miles of driving before I am able to use autopilot.

I’ll post further to confirm if the issue is fixed and also the horrendous speed hesitations while passing other vehicles on the motorway.

View attachment 1011440
Wow, nice way of getting more pixels and a wider viewing angle! Great!
I thought they said the retrofit wasn't possible but I guess that's just for the HW4 computer, not the associated cameras.
Good to know still!

Are you sure they are the new cameras, I have my doubts.

There are multiple versions/iterations of the ‘old V3’ side repeater cameras and given Tesla are still shipping cars with them, they are going to have plenty in stock.

For example, the first version used to get blinded by its own indicator light. The newer ones do not because they changed the designs slightly at some point.

I doubt this is even a hardware issue, it was introduced with a software update.

Are you sure they are the new cameras, I have my doubts.

There are multiple versions/iterations of the ‘old V3’ side repeater cameras and given Tesla are still shipping cars with them, they are going to have plenty in stock.

For example, the first version used to get blinded by its own indicator light. The newer ones do not because they changed the designs slightly at some point.

I doubt this is even a hardware issue, it was introduced with a software update.
Look on the previous page for the work sheet. He told me they were V4 and normally a paid upgrade.

So Tesla are here at the moment. As usual the technician is brilliant.

He’s heard my explanation of the lane departure warning issue and it’s associated problems and I’ve also told him about the many other similar comments on this forum.

They think it’s possible that pre-2021 cars with the same camera versions as mine (2019 3P) could have a problem with the latest software.

When the cameras have been replaced, they will need to be recalibrated which takes approximately 50 miles of driving before I am able to use autopilot.

I’ll post further to confirm if the issue is fixed and also the horrendous speed hesitations while passing other vehicles on the motorway.

View attachment 1011440
I doubt it will change anything for the simple reason that I actually paid to get latter generation repeaters because of the orange bloom effect on early ones (Tesla wouldn’t replace under warranty) and I’m experiencing this warning as well.

So, as a side benefit of you getting this work done, you’ve had that problem fixed and saved £200+ :)

Look on the previous page for the work sheet. He told me they were V4 and normally a paid upgrade.
What technician said and what they are may well be two different things entirely.

Like I said, the V3 hardware has gone though multiple revisions but it’s still V3. Are you sure they didn’t mean they are the 4th version of the V3 camera?

Post a picture of the cameras we will confirm they are V3 for you :)

I doubt the actual V4 cameras are even compatible with V3 hardware.

I doubt it will change anything for the simple reason that I actually paid to get latter generation repeaters because of the orange bloom effect on early ones (Tesla wouldn’t replace under warranty) and I’m experiencing this warning as well.

So, as a side benefit of you getting this work done, you’ve had that problem fixed and saved £200+ :)
Tesla are also updating my side repeater cameras for this issue. I know it won’t solve the problem but I’ll happily take the new cameras without light bleed for free.

Reactions: Durzel
Thinking about this changing the side repeaters is not going to fix hesitations when passing other vehicles because that surely must be caused by the front camera. I get hesitations long before I’m even abeam the car I’m overtaking. I guess changing the repeaters may just fix the lane departure warning.

IMG_4573.jpeg

IMG_4572.jpeg

They look like this. If it’s any consolation the indicators no longer flash in the camera.

As happens they’ve got to come back. One is falling out already 🙄

The clips on these things are absolute shite. They break putting them in, they break pulling them out. The ranger who did mine warned me that my old ones might not come out without breaking (I was hoping to sell my old ones to recoup some costs) and sure enough one side did.

For what it’s worth, without checking the EPC, the part numbers on your cameras are completely different to mine. Mine were 1514877-01-C and 1514878-01-C, which at least suggests an actual design change in yours rather than it just being a later revision (which would be -D, -E, etc)

HW4/V4 seems unlikely though.

What a derail. :(

Highland repeater cameras (presumed HW4) are 1820734-00-D (left) 1820735-00-D (right)

Latest generation pre-Highland cameras are: 1495864-20-E (left) 1495865-20-E (right), or 1125106-50-J (left) 1125107-50-J (right) - presumably US and Chinese suppliers being the reason for two types.

This post suggests there is at least a lens change between earlier versions of the camera and -E.

You must be out of warranty or was 2019 the build?

I’m out of bumper to bumper warranty so a little concerned what would happen if a software issue lost compatibility with my car.

I don’t think my interior camera is working again. It was fixed in Sep under final days of warranty, but not sure when it stopped working again but it certainly does not show in app again. Not sure how to raise it as an issue, or simply not to bother.