Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, if the car was smart enough to switch modes depending on whether it's on a motorway/dual carriage way or single carriageway then the single press would be useful...
However what would be better, is, if the car could auto resume AP when the indicator is turned off after a lane change is complete.

Now, if the car was smart enough to switch modes depending on whether it's on a motorway/dual carriage way or single carriageway then the single press would be useful...
However what would be better, is, if the car could auto resume AP when the indicator is turned off after a lane change is complete.
that is very simple ask but muskovite will not turn this on as this would negate EAP sales...

Reactions: Drew57 and goRt
A couple of finds on 44.1
The speed reduction when lifting the foot off the accelerator doesn’t seem to be as powerful as previous version.
The defrost action doesn’t revert to normal temperature, so have to manually tweak it from max.
Anyone else had this?

The speed reduction when lifting the foot off the accelerator doesn’t seem to be as powerful as previous version.
The defrost action doesn’t revert to normal temperature, so have to manually tweak it from max.
Anyone else had this?
yes same, stay on Auto low fan temp after turning off defrost, also noticed regen wasnt as agreessive this morning but put that down to the weather/temp

Anyone else had this?
Mine gave me the reduced regen warning due to the low temps overnight and it sitting for a few days.

Another one : You could previously access the Messages tab from the Phone App (last one after Favourites on top). It has now disappeared.
To view text messages, you now have to open the standalone Messages app separately.

I think this has always been the case if you get in the car before it thinks it's finished defrosting. I believe the functionality is that whatever the setting is when you get in the car is what "sticks" until you change it. If you leave it long enough to finish defrosting before you get in the car, it reverts to the normal set point.

I do think something has changed in the HVAC settings since last winter though. I'm fairly sure that the AC used to stay on while defogging was active. After all, having the AC on will demist far faster than if it were off (AC dehumidifies). However, I can't even turn on the AC at all with the climate set to Auto. It also won't let me turn on recirculate. I can only do either when set to Manual...

Has anyone’s low/high beam lights adjusted?

Previous to this update, I found the normal low beam lights were too high and noticed they were blinding on coming traffic or if I were sitting behind a hothatch (corsa, Clio type vehicles)

I moved the lights down and it’s solved the issue but since the update, they seem to have “sorted themselves out”

I cant quite explain it, but at night there seems to be more visibility on the road from the lights. Can see further in the distance and the side of the roads/trees are lit up as well.

Has anyone noticed this?

Has anyone’s low/high beam lights adjusted?

Previous to this update, I found the normal low beam lights were too high and noticed they were blinding on coming traffic or if I were sitting behind a hothatch (corsa, Clio type vehicles)

I moved the lights down and it’s solved the issue but since the update, they seem to have “sorted themselves out”

I cant quite explain it, but at night there seems to be more visibility on the road from the lights. Can see further in the distance and the side of the roads/trees are lit up as well.

Has anyone noticed this?
I found with some updates the light height would go back to 'normal'. 'normal' being dazzling everyone! I usually have to do 2 clicks down on both sides to stop being flashed by every on coming car. (And yes the calibration was done with an empty boot and on a level surface. I can't guarantee the update was done with these conditions though....)

First short (15 miles round trip) on it just now.

I noticed two things

Energy App seems to have a new 'Trip' mode. Haven't had time to work out how that's different from 'Current Drive'.

Favourite Radio Stations now appear as large icons on top of the full list

I installed 2023.44.1 this morning prior to my usual commute around the M25. Thought the skittishness when overtaking a vehicle which is wandering a little within its own lane had reduced noticeably. Only had one episode when my car slowed, and to be fair the van I was passing had its wheels on the dashes marking the border between my lane and his. With the last couple of software versions I think my car would have slowed markedly, but today it eased up fairly gently until I squeezed the accelerator a little to get past the van. Other than that, no skittishness at all, when in similar conditions over the last few weeks I would have had three or four times when my car over-reacted to vehicles it was overtaking.

As noted above, I also thought that my car was a bit more active at placing itself within my lane when overtaking. It definitely nudged over slightly to give a little bit more space, but did so without slowing down. Last couple of software versions I think it would have slowed down, but today it just crept across my lane a little to provide a bit more space when overtaking.

My feedback on 44.1, standard M3/a303 mid day drive
Terrible, 2 episodes of phantom braking for lorries parked in lay-bys and one red hands of death when moving out to overtake a lorry - no idea what that was about. All on the a303 within 10 miles
I have EAP

And yes the calibration was done with an empty boot and on a level surface
The calibration doesn’t actually set the lights to the right height. You need to park a precise distance from a wall, and then align the shape of the beam to some pre measured points (that’s why it shows a couple of L shaped blocks in this mode). Just hitting calibrate and saving it will probably make things worse.

The calibration doesn’t actually set the lights to the right height. You need to park a precise distance from a wall, and then align the shape of the beam to some pre measured points (that’s why it shows a couple of L shaped blocks in this mode). Just hitting calibrate and saving it will probably make things worse.
While I can’t say for sure that the lights are the right height using the calibration, I disagree that using it makes things worse. The ride height definitely drops to a less dazzling level for me.

Reactions: Adopado
I don’t want to jinx this but in two cars 4 years and many updates I’ve never had a headlight alignment issue (that I know of). I’m presuming it’s because of how the physical mechanical alignment of lights are installed in the car. It would definitely annoy me if I had to do this after every update.

Reactions: Doudeau
I don’t want to jinx this but in two cars 4 years and many updates I’ve never had a headlight alignment issue (that I know of). I’m presuming it’s because of how the physical mechanical alignment of lights are installed in the car. It would definitely annoy me if I had to do this after every update.
You will have - the headlights auto aligned at software updates and until recently Tesla forgot to account for the European auto levelling sensor incorrectly adjusting if you were parked on a slope

As it looks like Tesla aren't going to be enabling the matrix headlights anytime soon i would at least like an update to sort the dipped beam pattern.
I drop the height of the lights down a few clicks but the right side is then too low and the near side is still blinding people. The pattern needs to be flatter without such a large step up on the left.