Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you selected the Keep Climate On mode in the car, but it just turned off when you left it? Sounds like it needs a reboot if that's what's happening, as something isn't working as it should.
I didn't try a reboot.. thanks for that.
Yes every time I got out of the car.. silence.
Giving it more thought today. I think.something must have been frozen shut or open as the OAT was continuously below zero fir the week that I was away abd the min temp on the outside thermometer is -10. Perhaps the cold soak was the cause.. she performed perfectly on the Edinburgh trip today, apart from the frozen washers.. that was my fault I should have put the -15 wash fluid in, neat earlier in the year.

Reactions: Burley
2023.44.1 has just become available this evening for my Tesla Model 3 LR AWD (2021 MY).
The autopilot phantom braking after this update is the worst it's ever been for me in two years of ownership. Motorway driving yesterday on autopilot in daytime dry conditions, the car phantom braked hard when I was overtaking a car in lane 1. I had to get on the accelerator to avoid being rear-ended by a car behind and that was the end of autopilot on that drive...

The autopilot phantom braking after this update is the worst it's ever been for me in two years of ownership. Motorway driving yesterday on autopilot in daytime dry conditions, the car phantom braked hard when I was overtaking a car in lane 1. I had to get on the accelerator to avoid being rear-ended by a car behind and that was the end of autopilot on that drive...
In clear weather? Disregard. I see you said clear and dry.

Last edited:
In clear weather?
I drove from London this morning… EAP is way better than before but still hesitant in specific circumstances. For example, if a car on the side has an orange blind spot light on the external part of the mirror I think the car sometimes thinks it is an indicator.
However halfway it started raining and EAP was perfect again, definitely, there’s some difference between poor and clear weather with this version.

I tried everything.. the only way I could keep the car heating the cabin was to physically sit in the seat.. the app seemed to be working OK otherwise.. just timed out when anything climate related came up.. perhaps its because it had been left for a week in the -10 conditions.. perhaps something had frozen in the climate controls in the car?
Seems it wasn't just me

Nope, 44.1 in good weather is no better than the rest of them. Drive from Manchester to Birmingham this morning in relatively clear weather I had multiple breaking issues, hesitations and aborted lane changes. The wipers were terrible and I had numerous lane, departure warning, advisories.

Reactions: goRt
Nope, 44.1 in good weather is no better than the rest of them. Drive from Manchester to Birmingham this morning in relatively clear weather I had multiple breaking issues, hesitations and aborted lane changes. The wipers were terrible and I had numerous lane, departure warning, advisories.
Drove from Wycombe to Swansea (350 miles) and back on Saturday, it slightly backed off while overtaking one time, but otherwise no issues. No lane departure warnings, advisories (whatever are they).

Wipers got mildly annoying after the rain stopped but there was still spray, didn't wipe soon enough, but were fine in the rain and the dry later.

Drove down to London last Monday when it was peeing it down and back up on the weekend when the weather was mostly OK and I thought EAP was back to it's usual levels before the mess that was the last update.

One thing I didn't appreciate was it deciding to slow down to 60 because of "limited visibility" on lane 3...

It looks very clear that EAP can perform very differently depending on whatever reason.... This morning I had only one breaking but the car on the left was moving towards the lane, definitely driving straight. The wipers were fine but I never had an issue with them, they work mostly the same as my previous Qashqai

I've found it to be much improved compared to recently. Did around 250-300 motorway miles at the weekend, in heavy rain, clearer weather and then at night with and without rain. The wipers were better, although still wanted to go faster than needed some of the time, but did slow and stop as the rain eased. Hesitation from 2023.36 was gone when overtaking and there was only one occasion where the car braked more noticably, but we were approaching an HGV which was moving around in the lane. I have warnings set to Late and lane departure set to warnings only - I wonder if those finding it too intrusive have their settings differently to this?

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I've found it to be much improved compared to recently. Did around 250-300 motorway miles at the weekend, in heavy rain, clearer weather and then at night with and without rain. The wipers were better, although still wanted to go faster than needed some of the time, but did slow and stop as the rain eased. Hesitation from 2023.36 was gone when overtaking and there was only one occasion where the car braked more noticably, but we were approaching an HGV which was moving around in the lane. I have warnings set to Late and lane departure set to warnings only - I wonder if those finding it too intrusive have their settings differently to this?
Likewise, 500 miles to Suffolk and back over the weekend and still no issues to report (44.1, basic Autopilot and settings quite similar to yours).

For more than two years updates come and go, people report changes in the cars behaviour but mine has, if anything improved slightly over that time. It slows very occasionally with AP, marginally and predictably and with the most recent updates the vehicles beside me almost never jump or move around in their lanes as they once did. This time the wipers behaved on AP and only activated for actual rain (but not spray after it stopped)

Yesterday I used AP on the M6 through the Gravelly Hill section in very heavy traffic on Autopilot and everything stayed rock steady through multiple 40-50-60-50 etc changes even when passing lorries which were sometimes very close. At no point did the car try to brake or give a warning.

First long drive on 44.1 yesterday - noticed a few differences.

1. The colour on the indicating cameras is much truer to the actual colour and has less red/orange hue. I’ve jumped from 26.something and know this isn’t 44.1 specific but it’s much nicer to look at.

2. Auto lane changes are much snappier taking 8-9 indicator flashes rather than 11-12 it used to.

3. It’s very sensitive to vehicles it’s trying to pass if they are close to or move towards the white lines. Had a number of hard slam ons due to this.

Apart from that, all seems well 👍🏻