Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2023.44

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't every option run off eye tracking now? Blue cruise does although that has the benefit of being hands-off.

Watching DirtyTesla it seems for beta users it has an initial nag when first enabled and not watching but then is a bit more lenient afterwards.

Undoubtedly it will be tweaked/changed/broken/fixed numerous times going forward.
Yes the plus side of this could be if they get it working well enough, they might be able to get hands free for motorway / major A roads approved in UK.

Not really had chance to test it or see how good it is. Other makes have IR cameras pointing directly at your eyes like FaceID on an iPhone. That’s going to work much better at night in a dark cabin so again Tesla might not be using the best sensors for the job here. As per their normal approach of cameras do all.

Also on update 44.30.5.1.

If I remember rightly, the software version used to show on the bottom of the app, now it has all this other nonsense after it. Is that Tesla code for “beta version that will need fixing?”

View attachment 1002356
It'll be a git revision number.. pretty useless unless you have access to their repository.

*every* version number is Tesla code for "beta version that will need fixing" :p

Reactions: M1tch
I’m seeing inconsistent custom unlock sound behaviour in 2023.44.30.5.1. It was there in 30.2 as well, namely:
  • Lock sound playing when unlocking as well (by design?)
  • Lock sound making default sound
  • Lock sound making default sound if car locks with boot open
I’m using one of the built in custom unlock sounds so no reason it should be a USB related issue.

Last edited:
I’m seeing inconsistent custom unlock sound behaviour in 2023.44.30.5.1. It was there in 30.2 as well, namely:
  • Lock sound playing when unlocking as well (by design?)
  • Lock sound making default sound
  • Lock sound making default sound if car locks with boot open
I’m using one of the built in custom unlock sounds so no reason it should be a USB related issue.
I’m experiencing 1+3. I suspect it’s to do with the aftermarket tailgate.

Reactions: Durzel
I’m experiencing 1+3. I suspect it’s to do with the aftermarket tailgate.
Could be causing 3, since the aftermarket kits tend to fudge the tailgate status to being closed so you can actually close it from the in car screen (otherwise you can’t press any button to do it)

Can anyone with a normal OEM powered boot confirm if your car locks (walk away lock) with the boot open?

Reactions: doats1
Could be causing 3, since the aftermarket kits tend to fudge the tailgate status to being closed so you can actually close it from the in car screen (otherwise you can’t press any button to do it)

Can anyone with a normal OEM powered boot confirm if your car locks (walk away lock) with the boot open?
I’m 99% certain the car does not lock with the boot open. I’d have to test it to be certain, though…

Reactions: Durzel
Anyone having issues with cruise/EAP and DAB radio?

Last couple of days car says cruise control not available, front camera not picking up lane markings as they're not showing on screen. Tried camera calibration, it worked for that one trip and now back to saying cruise not available.

DAB radio also not Woking since yesterday. 2 button reboot made no difference.

Anyone having issues with cruise/EAP and DAB radio?

Last couple of days car says cruise control not available, front camera not picking up lane markings as they're not showing on screen. Tried camera calibration, it worked for that one trip and now back to saying cruise not available.

DAB radio also not Woking since yesterday. 2 button reboot made no difference.
Happened to me once. Have you tried letting the car put itself in deep sleep, i.e: locked, no sentry mode active, not plugged in, not checking it on the app. Leaving it for a couple hours or overnight, and trying again? That solved it for me