Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s not what generally happens. The initial acceleration is usually inhibited slightly so that control can be maintained.
But as said earlier, you can just cancel the limiter. Given that my use for it is just popping into town where there are often speed cameras, I’d sooner have a proper limiter than yet another bong to add to the myriad of identical bongs.

Since Tesla haven’t mastered TACC, AP or FSD yet, there is no reason to suppose that they could implement a speed limiter without issue.
Do we know if the Tesla throttle/acc pedal hardware allows for ‘haptic feedback’ (where you feel a notched resistance at the speed limit) ?

The general concept has been mooted in EU guide texts for years.

Installing 14.9 from 8.9 now.

The download stuck at 100% for an awfully long time (to such an extent I put I a service request as it looked for all the world it had hung) and as I got confirmation of the service it offered me the download option. Classic.

Finally got my update today from 2024.8.9 to 2024.14.9. Install took well over an hour, hung on 60% for at least 20 minutes before jumping to 80%, then 100% & then took about 10 minutes for the car to reboot.

So far looks awesome, haven't had time to properly test out all new functions yet.
Auto trunk is brilliant but you can't dawdle walking past the backof the car
🤣🤣

Updated to 14.8 last week and noticed now that LTE signal is no longer constantly displayed. It's gone back to having to press the car icon to see if mobile is connected. Is that the same for others?
Yes, I believe now the icon will only show up on the main screen if connection is lost. No point in having the always on bars displayed if you have signal.

Reactions: JetWash
The traffic visualisation certainly seems to have had its range increased as it shows up way more items - quite impressive really.

Also seems to be trying to show rear brake lights and indicators on cars in front - not entirely successfully.

Impressive... but you kind of have to ask... whats the point? Maybe to give confidence in what the car can see, but the "value" will come if its reducing phantom braking and less spooked by lorries etc so things actually work better, otherwise its verging on being a distraction. Let's hope it does materially improve things, although I suspect like auto wipers we'll get reports of "its much better" and others thinking "it's much worse" for a while until things settle down.

Impressive... but you kind of have to ask... whats the point? Maybe to give confidence in what the car can see, but the "value" will come if its reducing phantom braking and less spooked by lorries etc so things actually work better, otherwise its verging on being a distraction. Let's hope it does materially improve things, although I suspect like auto wipers we'll get reports of "its much better" and others thinking "it's much worse" for a while until things settle down.
You’re right. What is ironic is that the display now shows the the same surrounding traffic that we saw 4 years ago (plus a few enhancements)
The oncoming traffic disappeared a while back and has returned. Truth is that it’s a bit of a gimmick

The space would be better utilised with info that’s large enough to glance at..

Reactions: Adopado and Durzel
I probably have a bad memory but I don't remember it being as choppy (on Atom) as it was at the start. The frame rate seems like its ~5 per second or so.

Maybe it's malicious choppiness, to try and push people into newer, Ryzen cars :p

Yes FSD. Interesting, have you had the camera upgrade/HW3+MCU2 change?

It looks like in the US, legacy S/Xs are also now on v12 of the one-stack FSD code. I'm not holding my breath, but maybe before the car hits 100k miles and 8 year factory battery warranty runs out Tesla may be able to deploy something that resembles what they 'promised' back in 2016 🤣........That's if Elon doesn't sink the whole company in the next 12 months, which I would say is a 50:50 bet right now.

I'm on the 2.5 computer. I'd upgrade if we were getting the fsd the US have but I think that's very unlikely

Reactions: gangzoom
I don't think it's particularly impressive and I really hope it doesn't use what the car thinks are brake lights/indicators as it's pretty inaccurate really. I noticed yesterday sitting in a queue that it thought the car in front was indicating to turn right when actually it was my own indicators reflecting off their bootlid. And I have spotted on a number of occasions that it thinks a car ahead is braking when they very clearly aren't and I presume it must be light reflecting off their red tail light lenses.

So yeah...what's the point!?

Reactions: browellm
I guess it gives you confidence the car is seeing more and also a nice sales feature also when they are putting in the hardware to do this in every car anyway. You must have had people that get in the car with you and comment on it.

You're right of course, it doesn't actually bring anything useful to the driving experience at least in this country at the moment. Just one of those looks kind of cool for a while when you first get the car. I do think though when you get FSD eventually, it's useful as it also shows where the car plans to drive you before it's made a turn or changed lane.

So there's a reason for Tesla to work on it but again they have more than one version of this, the even more detailed one for FSD and the cut back one we get. Seems like a waste of development effort to have multiple visualisation stacks, multiple different auto-pilots and so on.

Our cars are a couple days apart in age. VIN’s are probably close too. My setting for updates is advanced and I share data with Tesla. Both cars are pre-heatpump 2020 model 3 LR. No idea why we get early updates but we do. I’ve had them before they show up on Teslafi. I’ve had 3 in one week.
I’ve had roughly 96 updates from new.

Sometimes @AnthonyLR and I just play leapfrog between point updates 😂

LTE sim signal is poor to non-existant in my garage but I have a wifi AP 6 foot above the passenger door mirror so wifi is strong in there.

I could just say Elon is my uncle. …but it’s not true 😂
We both have FSD. Maybe that gives us update privileges?

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly
Peculiarly, the PIN to Drive seems to have turned itself off today at some point. Since that requires a PIN to do so I am not sure how that happened!

I reapplied it once I noticed it happen (after a SC session).

on 2024.14.8 on 2021 MIC M3LR

• Informative
Reactions: thax1
Seems like a waste of development effort to have multiple visualisation stacks, multiple different auto-pilots and so on.
I don't think it's any development, the visualisation we now see is still not as advanced or detailed as what the US version of FSD was showing in 2020, let alone where the US version is now.

I guess all it shows how cripple we are in Europe with software development, as the hardware in the US cars are identical.

tesla-fsd-vis.jpeg