Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought adaptive was effectively high beam in all the places which don’t dazzle others. Almost like high beam with only the required bits dipped. Thats what it seemed to be in our BMW
In the Audi the lights come on automatically and do their thing without any intervention. It appears with Tesla you need to put them in high beam each time manually. Seems very un-Musk like. We’ll see.

Shanghai cars (March 2021 onwards) have matrix lights. UK Fremont cars don’t.

Almost... My UK M3 is Fremont made and has matrix headlights.

They were introduced on the 2021 refresh for Europe bound cars, so any delivered to the UK from November 2020.

Goodness that's scary how quick time flies, it was quite a discussion on here at the time.

In the Audi the lights come on automatically and do their thing without any intervention. It appears with Tesla you need to put them in high beam each time manually. Seems very un-Musk like. We’ll see.
If you have auto high beam turned on, then the high beam will activate automatically and so will the adaptives. No intervention (other than initially turning on the setting to say that you want them) is needed.

If you have auto high beam turned on, then the high beam will activate automatically and so will the adaptives. No intervention (other than initially turning on the setting to say that you want them) is needed.
I do find on mine that you have to prompt it sometimes to put the full beam (plus adaptive lights) on. You can long press the flash button on the steering wheel to get them to come on. It isnt too much of a hassle but it seems to happen in you start you journey in a town and then go out onto dark roads. I have auto full beams on, I know because it works sometimes and not others.

Curious to see if I'll get this, given I've retrofitted the matrix headlights to my 2020 car. I get "TESLA" projected, and other functions work as expected, so we'll see.

I assume no one has got this yet?
1710329218061.png

No-one has either of these yet

Looks like France has an extra release note as part of 2024.8.3, at least according to Tesla Info, as it's not on Notateslapp

Control Zones on Your Route​

Navigation now includes symbols along your route to show control zones.
To see this route information, you must have Navigation > Online Routing turned on. Requires Premium Connectivity.

Seen in FR

Could this be their Crit-air regions and therefore we may get it for areas like the London city center and anywhere else you have to register? #slowdayatwork

Looks like France has an extra release note as part of 2024.8.3, at least according to Tesla Info, as it's not on Notateslapp

Control Zones on Your Route​

Navigation now includes symbols along your route to show control zones.
To see this route information, you must have Navigation > Online Routing turned on. Requires Premium Connectivity.

Seen in FR

Could this be their Crit-air regions and therefore we may get it for areas like the London city center and anywhere else you have to register? #slowdayatwork
I believe this has more to do with radars. France regs have changed a while ago and you can no longer show them precisely on the map, instead you may display a 'zone' that spans across a couple miles where one is present (they're not necessarily average speed ones, still a spot flash).

Essentially this add the radars map to France like we already have here.