Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PSA for owners on 2024.8
I think I have discovered either a new undocumented feature or a bug.
When putting the hazards lights on, walk-away door lock seems to now be disabled!
The car will remain unlocked, climate will continue to run, the touchscreen will stay on and play media, even if the driver has left the vehicle and closed the door and no key are present around or inside the vehicle.

Just putting this out there to check in anyone can confirm this same (new) behaviour and making sure you're aware as it's a change from before, where the car would still walk-away lock!
Btw, can anyone confirm the new undocumented behaviour? Seems to have been missed by the likes of notateslaapp

I don’t expect to get that one either. I think our car normally jumps on the bandwagon around a .8 release when it’s all pretty much been tested and verified across the early adopters. Shame the Advanced and Standard option for when you get updates in the car doesn’t actually seem to do anything to influence which group you are in.
I seem to get releases quite early on in general, although missed out entirely on 2024.8.4 so I can't work out if I'm in a batch of early adopters or not.

I seem to get releases quite early on in general, although missed out entirely on 2024.8.4 so I can't work out if I'm in a batch of early adopters or not.
You have to behave really bad on these forums - I mean about wipers, FSD and Elon - then to please you Elon will prioritise your car for the early adopters (Prodigal son and all Elon is a firm believer). If you are on many forums it gets better. That is the only random factor that is been common among people who gets their update early :), so go on!

As I'm cynical the reason I believe EAP/FSD isn't available on subscription here (or Europe) is because if it were it would expose more people to the cold, hard reality of it being almost completely worthless.

As it is the barrier to entry is so high that anyone actually buying it is either a true believer in Elon/Tesla who believes FSD in the UK is on the horizon, or is just unfortunate enough to have taken "Upcoming" on the order page to mean a practicably soon period of time, not several years away.

At least those of us dumb enough to have spunked £3,400 - £6,800 on it are just a silent minority who have to individually take Tesla to court to get their money back. The wider world doesn't know we exist.

As I'm cynical the reason I believe EAP/FSD isn't available on subscription here (or Europe) is because if it were it would expose more people to the cold, hard reality of it being almost completely worthless.

As it is the barrier to entry is so high that anyone actually buying it is either a true believer in Elon/Tesla who believes FSD in the UK is on the horizon, or is just unfortunate enough to have taken "Upcoming" on the order page to mean a practicably soon period of time, not several years away.

At least those of us dumb enough to have spunked £3,400 - £6,800 on it are just a silent minority who have to individually take Tesla to court to get their money back. The wider world doesn't know we exist.
I can’t speak to non-USS cars but we knowingly and happily bought EAP for our Y after having FSD on our 3. FSD on the 3 is a waste of money presently but EAP wasn’t offered at the time of our purchase and FSD was less money back then.

Reactions: GRiLLA
Even if it was REALLY good in its initial release, could it sway you/her towards buying the EAP add-on for your car?

I don't know why Tesla hasn't extended the EAP/FSD monthly subscription to Europe instead of limiting it to the one-off £3.5k/£7k purchase...
Not on her car as it’s a lease. I still think EAP is way too much for what it is but the rest of the car is good value so maybe just take it on the chin if I owned the car and planned to keep for a good while.

FSD though is way to expensive when you are getting nothing for it with no idea when you will get something.

If the price was a lot lower then I’d probably take the punt. It’s just wrong though to be charging such a high price for something we probably won’t get here for years still.

If the price was a lot lower then I’d probably take the punt. It’s just wrong though to be charging such a high price for something we probably won’t get here for years still.
rules will allow it (at level 2) in UK within 6 months.

Once its launched in UK, price will likely rise, just as it did in USA, so a bit of a gamble, but might be worth considering later in the year if you want it.

rules will allow it (at level 2) in UK within 6 months.

Once its launched in UK, price will likely rise, just as it did in USA, so a bit of a gamble, but might be worth considering later in the year if you want it.
Even when it’s potentially legal, there’s been no noise I’m aware of that Tesla plans to launch it here. China is their next stop where I think it’s legal as other cars do this and despite that they haven’t pushed it out there either.

Yes they might put the price up but also you are buying using something you might well not get to use in the time you plan to own the car for. If it was transferable that would at least be a bit better.

Even when it’s potentially legal, there’s been no noise I’m aware of that Tesla plans to launch it here. China is their next stop where I think it’s legal as other cars do this and despite that they haven’t pushed it out there either.

Yes they might put the price up but also you are buying using something you might well not get to use in the time you plan to own the car for. If it was transferable that would at least be a bit better.
Tesla were advertising for autopilot test drivers in the UK not so long ago, and there has been a (ok, only one!) cropped picture of a FSDBeta car driving in the UK in a RHD car.

China and continental europe likely before UK courtesy of the side of the road we drive, but who really knows. It seems the new FSD builds and compute needed are progressing at a rate of knots now - we may be suprised.

agree on the transferability - at this price its a bit absurd for it to be linked to the vehicle.

Tesla were advertising for autopilot test drivers in the UK not so long ago, and there has been a (ok, only one!) cropped picture of a FSDBeta car driving in the UK in a RHD car.

China and continental europe likely before UK courtesy of the side of the road we drive, but who really knows. It seems the new FSD builds and compute needed are progressing at a rate of knots now - we may be suprised.

agree on the transferability - at this price its a bit absurd for it to be linked to the vehicle.
I'd love for you to be right, I'm sceptical is all. I agree though the rate of improvement is really ramping up in the US now. In theory if it's mostly just on training data they just need a ton of UK data and compute to churn through that. I suspect though it's not all neural nets and there's still some of that 300k lines of code they wrote needed to absolutely force it to do certain actions for safety. That stuff might well need changing and certainly a lot of testing before they can let it out.

How long was Tesla running a FSD Alpha say before they released it in the USA? Many many years before the public got their hands on it.

Still haven’t had an upgrade offered on either of our Y’s. It’s the longest we’ve ever gone on either car without an update.

Beginning to wonder if the wifi in the garage is futzed 😂

Upgrades get notified over LTE, app (and third party services like TeslaFi) etc so WiFi connectivity is not needed to get the notification, just (in most, but not all) to do the download.

We are not connected to wifi but still have had several update notifications- along with the message to connect to wifi to download.

eg in app

1711605366995.png

Or TeslaFi email

1711605567191.jpeg

Reactions: init6 and M1tch