Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My window has just narrowed again (25-30 June) and I've received my VIN (no reg yet and no delivery date email/SMS yet). The 1st to 3rd digits of the VIN are "XP7" and the 11th digit is "B", so that confirms mine's Berlin built according to Tesla's own info: Model Y Service Manual | Tesla
Great news and I’m guessing Berlin production will become the norm moving forward and HW4 too! Having spoken to T earlier I’m not convinced of a July/Aug delivery either now so not sure what the issue is…

Is anyone else in the UK awaiting a midnight cherry Model Y?

My estimated delivery window for MY SR in midnight cherry (black interior, 19" wheels, ordered 7 May) just narrowed from 17-30 June to 23-30 June. This is still in line with previous estimates of when RHD Model Ys would start arriving in the UK from Berlin, but I'm hoping it's not a precursor to it slipping further into the future.

I've somehow convinced myself it'll come from the Berlin gigafactory to Bremerhaven to Southampton, based on absolutely nothing (I haven't seen anything at all about where Tesla will ship Berlin cars to UK from)!
Yep, also been waiting since April for a MY in midnight cherry, white interior though. A gent from Tesla Bristol texted me late last week about getting a car matched and this evening I got a VIN. Estimated delivery went from the pre-VIN 6 June - 30 June to 24 June - 30 June so I guess on the same boat as you..

Reactions: am54321
Thought I'd just document my order to delivery journey.

Order date 3 April - M3 RWD white, black interior, tow hitch. ETA May - June
15 April - ETA -26 May - 13 July
23 April - ETA - 7 June - 22 June - Reg appears in App
9 May - VIN received after message to Tesla
16 May - Delivery date of 5 June given, VIN appeared in App

 Text message received today Confirming delivery tomorrow to my house from Brent Cross

IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_0590.jpeg

Great news and I’m guessing Berlin production will become the norm moving forward and HW4 too! Having spoken to T earlier I’m not convinced of a July/Aug delivery either now so not sure what the issue is…

Should I feel any regret at having (presumably) one of the final MIC MYs delivered next week, and missing out on a MIB MY by days?

There is a bunch of 2022 posts about MIB MYs having better suspension etc, is there a more recent view as to the differences nowadays (if any)?

There is a bunch of 2022 posts about MIB MYs having better suspension etc, is there a more recent view as to the differences nowadays (if any)?
They supposedly standardised the suspension over a year ago so they shouldn't be any differences now - possibly there might be minor differences as the factories probably source components from in-region suppliers but they should be the same spec.

The Tesla order process is to easy, before you know it you've committed to £60k+ just by clicking a few buttons. :eek: 😂

This is my journey to date:

Ordered 26th April, M3P Stealth Grey black interior. ETA 29th May- 25th June.
I forgot to refer myself, however TA sorted with 15K loyalty points pending
29th April - received 1st trade-in offer. Expires 29th May
3rd May - Reg appeared on App
6th May - VIN numbered received via text after pestering my TA. Not on App
6th May - Car matched to me with my spec
20th May - option to make final payment, so chased TA for collection date, now 12th June.
21st May - decided to make full payment, so I have the option of trade-in or selling my M3LR.
23rd May - collection changed to 14 June
31st June - received 2nd trade-in offer. Same as first offer. Decided to accept. It's easier and they give you 1200 miles allowance
Collection date still 14th June, for now. 🤞🤞
Can't wait 😁😜

How is it? Any major issues or is it just brilliant?
Any vibrating issues?
No issues I can see at the minute, panel gaps seem fine, no vibration. I think the only thing that may get annoying is the chime when you activate or deactivate auto steer. However, as we are still in the honeymoon period it just feels like it's talking to me lol. Bought a spigen screen protector today, it may be £35 but incredibly easy to fit and gets rid of glare. The car is a head turner though just like my wife ( incase she reads this) and brilliant is the right word.

Reactions: Jez1987
Hi all, completely new to this

Finally understand the hype of constantly looking at the app after ordering… it’s like refreshing the Center Parcs website near the holiday date to see which villa you've been allocated!

Ordered via work lease scheme 31st May. Model 3 short range in white, white seats

Tesla gave me access to the app yesterday and informed me of the RN (our work emails had slightly changed and the original was used for the scheme, so it wasn’t showing anything when I initially registered on the app) logged back in to the app and everything is displayed; VIN, registration number and RN showing, with delivery date of 15th June to home address at 10.30am. Not even the lease company knew all of this

Weirdly, Tesla chat have twice confirmed it is infact scheduled for collection at Brent Cross on that same day, and that the app will shortly update to show this. Hasn’t changed since yesterday though. Imagining arriving at Brent Cross to be told it’s on its way up the M1 to your house!

Quite impressed so far with how quick things have been, an existing inventory car must have been allocated. Excited!

In case of interest, my order to delivery experience to date - Model Y, standard range, Midnight Cherry Red, black interior, Gemini (19") wheels:

7 May - placed order via Tesla website, RN received.
7 May - paired with Drivalia for personal lease but lease price was showing 10% higher than price stated by Tesla at time of order.
8 May - called Tesla re. Drivalia price issue and they manually switched the application to Lex Auto, lease terms agreed
8 May - estimated delivery date (EDD) 17 June to 30 June.
[8 May to 4 June - drove myself mad checking the app and these forums far too often!]
4 June - EDD narrowed to 23 June to 30 June, then 3 hours later to 25 June to 30 June; VIN received in app.
5 June - license plate number received in app and confirmed by SMS.
6 June - contacted by Tesla collection point (SMS) to say to expect a delivery self-schedule SMS shortly.
7 June - delivery self-schedule SMS received - available for collection from Longbridge from 21 June.

So overall, it was approximately 1 month between ordering and having a delivery date confirmed and will have been 6 1/2 weeks from order to delivery. Vehicle from Berlin to UK.

Now had my vin and reg plate. MYP ordered 28th February with tow bar and white interior. Ordered midnight silver but upgraded to Quicksilver. Estimated delivery dates have been all over the place and more recently even July - end of Aug quoted. Now 27-30th June. Berlin manufactured, battery code is an e so a standard battery, rather than a BYD battery? It's been a roller coaster ride, but quite excited now!

Is anyone else in the UK awaiting a midnight cherry Model Y?

My estimated delivery window for MY SR in midnight cherry (black interior, 19" wheels, ordered 7 May) just narrowed from 17-30 June to 23-30 June. This is still in line with previous estimates of when RHD Model Ys would start arriving in the UK from Berlin, but I'm hoping it's not a precursor to it slipping further into the future.

I've somehow convinced myself it'll come from the Berlin gigafactory to Bremerhaven to Southampton, based on absolutely nothing (I haven't seen anything at all about where Tesla will ship Berlin cars to UK from)!
Got a delivery date for mine today, 22nd June. Hopefully yours is on the same boat.