Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although these stronger struts will make the boot lid pop up when it opens, won’t they also make it harder to close?

That’s what I was thinking. Having looked at a few online reviews/videos it looks the bonnet isn’t too hard to close but the boot is a bit harder to close. Taking a punt for £10-20 shouldn’t be a big deal. Will grab a set at some point.

Reactions: Roy W.
It just needs firm pressure but as I was instructed in handover you need to do it two-handed on either side of the catch.

Curiously at my handover the Tesla guy specifically explained and demonstrated closing the Frunk with one hand centrally over the Tesla logo! I said to him that every other person says two hands either side ... I don't think he was impressed with me ... mind you I also had a mild disagreement on my test drive when the guy insisted that the regenerative braking didn't actually recharge the battery, it just "increases overall efficiency but technically doesn't charge the battery" ... he was on his own with that one.

Thought I would share a couple of pics for the Jeda USB Hub. I ordered mine back in July and it arrived today. Fits neatly, tidies the cables up a bit and hides the Dashcam/Sentry SSD. I ordered two of them – the other one is on eBay if anyone’s interested.

Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub

http://ebay.us/jjdUTA?cmpnId=5338273189

Jeda Hub 1.jpg
Jeda Hub 2.jpg

Curiously at my handover the Tesla guy specifically explained and demonstrated closing the Frunk with one hand centrally over the Tesla logo! I said to him that every other person says two hands either side ... I don't think he was impressed with me ...
exactly the same at mine... and he was equally unimpressed... that I had read the manual and he, apparently, hadn't

Interesting. Would like to try one myself, where can you buy them ?
So, this is the theory:
and after much hunting, grunting, being pissed off at total lack of consistency of describing springs, and the damn insistence of using bloomin inches for everything, I got far enough down the comments and found a part number for a slightly stronger spring that is more compatible with OEM struts (too weak and it doesn't jump up enough to grab, stronger spring or doubling up needed). Anyway, eventually tracked down this on order from the US:
Prime-Line 7/16 in. Dia. x 1-7/8 in. L Extension Spring 2 pk, SP 9605 49793096050 | eBay
£4 including delivery from the US! But the hassle of ID'ing it still pains me.

I’m going to buy the £10.00 trunk ones linked above . Anyone able to Link to frunk ones ?
I've ordered these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WYJ58NF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TBH, I have my doubts at ~£10, but will see! If these are up to a million miles why didn't tesla just install them in the first place? I'm assuming cheap rubbish, but for the price I can't bring myself to cancel the order. Will be very wary when fitting.

• Helpful
Reactions: davidmc and Cogarch