Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure it’s possible.

There’s got to be millions of third party adaptors out in the wild across the globe, and if house fires were a real threat I can only assume we’d hear about it a lot more, and I’d hope the government would intervene with new legislation to try and control the epidemic. I appreciate it can happen, and that some products are made with inferior parts, on the cheap - but I just don’t see this being a huge problem or threat to me. It’s incredibly unlikely to happen. Infrequent anecdotal incidences aren’t enough for me to worry, essentially.

Tesla’s charger is made in China as far as I’ve read, and although they can issue a recall notice, that’s not going to help much if it’s fried my car before the recall. I’d be interested to see a strip down of their charger to see the build quality, it’s very possible that it has a higher build quality, but it’s also possible it’s using similar parts to the cheaper versions, with a huge margin on top for the Tesla badge.

I totally get your opinion however, it’s perfectly understandable. It’s a personal decision as always - each to their own I guess!

Have a great Christmas all! :)

Reactions: Roy W.
Sure it’s possible.

There’s got to be millions of third party adaptors out in the wild across the globe, and if house fires were a real threat I can only assume we’d hear about it a lot more, and I’d hope the government would intervene with new legislation to try and control the epidemic. I appreciate it can happen, and that some products are made with inferior parts, on the cheap - but I just don’t see this being a huge problem or threat to me. It’s incredibly unlikely to happen. Infrequent anecdotal incidences aren’t enough for me to worry, essentially.

Tesla’s charger is made in China as far as I’ve read, and although they can issue a recall notice, that’s not going to help much if it’s fried my car before the recall. I’d be interested to see a strip down of their charger to see the build quality, it’s very possible that it has a higher build quality, but it’s also possible it’s using similar parts to the cheaper versions, with a huge margin on top for the Tesla badge.

I totally get your opinion however, it’s perfectly understandable. It’s a personal decision as always - each to their own I guess!

Have a great Christmas all! :)

Fair point. I wonder how it would work with your insurance. If it burns your car down and your insurance decides not pay up. Mine is a company car so not worth the risk.

Just took delivery of my centre console wrap from Nikola Pro today, ordered on 16th December. I've been looking to see which wraps are decent quality and are easy to fit.
I can highly recommend these if anyone is still looking for some. They are $19.99, all in I paid $27.99, which works out just under £21.50.
It comes with an installation video in the link below, and I've attached some pictures of them fitted to my M3.

Installation Video Link -

PS my OCD wife came out to help and ended up taking over as it had to fit 100%. She was the one that said I should post, as she thought the wrap and instructions were very detailed and made the process so easy.

IMG_20191230_130257.jpg
IMG_20191230_130310.jpg
IMG_20191230_130320.jpg

Just took delivery of my centre console wrap from Nikola Pro today, ordered on 16th December. I've been looking to see which wraps are decent quality and are easy to fit.
I can highly recommend these if anyone is still looking for some. They are $19.99, all in I paid $27.99, which works out just under £21.50.
It comes with an installation video in the link below, and I've attached some pictures of them fitted to my M3.

Installation Video Link -

PS my OCD wife came out to help and ended up taking over as it had to fit 100%. She was the one that said I should post, as she thought the wrap and instructions were very detailed and made the process so easy.

View attachment 494393 View attachment 494395 View attachment 494396
That looks great. Is it a branded vinyl they use, like 3M 1080?

That looks great. Is it a branded vinyl they use, like 3M 1080?

Yeah its 3M 1080. It says its 3M 1080 on the website and thats what was on the back of the wrap.

It feels really strong, that was part of the reason for choosing the Carbon Fibre wrap as opposed to some of the other satin ones. Some of the videos I've seen of the satin ones, it marks quite easily, whereas the Carbon Fibre is thicker and hides it better.

Reactions: Roy W.
Yeah its 3M 1080. It says its 3M 1080 on the website and thats what was on the back of the wrap.

It feels really strong, that was part of the reason for choosing the Carbon Fibre wrap as opposed to some of the other satin ones. Some of the videos I've seen of the satin ones, it marks quite easily, whereas the Carbon Fibre is thicker and hides it better.
That’s great. My wrap from Abstract Ocean is also 3M 1080 in Carbon Fibre, but it cost almost twice what you’ve paid!

£120! Jeez.

This one’s perfect for the job and a quarter of the price:

VXDAS Model 3 Wireless Charger, QI Wireless Phone Charger Dual Phones Charging Pad with USB Splitter for Tesla Model 3 Accessories (7pcs Storage Mat Set) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SSC9T1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Kg.-DbEZM1WY

e
dit - I’ve had it in my M3P a week and it works really well.

I'm struggling with this, I believe I have set it up correctly but for some reason, when I plug my USB into one of the splitters (yes, the ticker one as instructed) then it does not recognize the device or work. It only works if I just connect one side for charging and leave the other port in the Tesla clear to plug my USB (for Sentry) directly into it... any help appreciated.

I'm struggling with this, I believe I have set it up correctly but for some reason, when I plug my USB into one of the splitters (yes, the ticker one as instructed) then it does not recognize the device or work. It only works if I just connect one side for charging and leave the other port in the Tesla clear to plug my USB (for Sentry) directly into it... any help appreciated.
Hi - are you talking about the official Tesla or the one I linked to?

if you’re talking about the one I posted, I have the pad plugged into the splitter, and then the single end to the splitter plugged into the left USB port - the USB port to the right/steering side is free for my Sentry/dashcam usb.

see pic attached, does that help?

Attachments

• 20DD2879-334A-4CC7-BEA9-50E7A095092C.jpeg
    20DD2879-334A-4CC7-BEA9-50E7A095092C.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 90
Hi - are you talking about the official Tesla or the one I linked to?

if you’re talking about the one I posted, I have the pad plugged into the splitter, and then the single end to the splitter plugged into the left USB port - the USB port to the right/steering side is free for my Sentry/dashcam usb.

see pic attached, does that help?

Hiya, thanks for getting back to me so quickly :) I was referring to the one that you posted, the VXDAS one and yes, your photo is very helpful, I didn't realize you could do what you've done !! - Nice one, thank you :)

UPDATE - Just reconfigured to be the same as your picture and all works ! Thanks again Sir

Reactions: Roy W. and DanTW_GB
Hiya, thanks for getting back to me so quickly :) I was referring to the one that you posted, the VXDAS one and yes, your photo is very helpful, I didn't realize you could do what you've done !! - Nice one, thank you :)

UPDATE - Just reconfigured to be the same as your picture and all works ! Thanks again Sir
My pleasure, glad to have been able to help - happy new year to you!