Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the mud flaps from Amazon aren’t very durable!

They've been on the car about six weeks. While driving in France last week I noticed this:

3E27E772-CFF1-485F-ADBA-E502E0C7D195.jpeg

(Sorry but I can’t get the photo to upload the right way up!)

I think a stone has hit it and taken out a big chunk. Probably made of a material that is too brittle for the job.

Well the mud flaps from Amazon aren’t very durable!

They've been on the car about six weeks. While driving in France last week I noticed this:

I think a stone has hit it and taken out a big chunk. Probably made of a material that is too brittle for the job.

Precisely my reason for looking for the more flexible versions that many seem to show (images of twisting the flap by hand), but deliver different version. I'm struggling to track down the flexible version though - its almost as if the flexible version has been superseded by the more rigid PVC version and no one has updated their adverts.

Reactions: Roy W.
That’s an amazing DIY job!

I’m planning to use this:
Zendure 5 Ports USB-C Hub Portable Charger 20000mAh, X6 45W PD&QC 3.0 Power Bank (LED Display, UPS Continuous Power, Low Power Mode) Compatible Macbook, iPhone, Smartwatches, More - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075Q5VLGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_8sA2DbB289E22

It’s a battery with a hub. The Tesla trickle charges the battery, and your phones fast charge off the battery (much faster than if plugged in directly to the Tesla), and a USB key for sentry / dash cam works too. I’m using a raspberry pi for my dash/sentry, so this battery will keep the pi running after the car goes to sleep (not that it matters, but hopefully it will mean the pi doesn’t get uncleanly powered off).

I quite like the theory of this. Will be interested to see how you get on with it.
It's quite a top end hub. I guess you could go with a cheaper charger in one USB socket, to power the charging cables or wireless PAD, and plug A SSD/USB in the other?

Collecting my M3P+ next Friday and wondered what are the most must have accessories that I need to put on my letter to Santa??
I’d say Number 1 should be a centre console wrap from Abstract Ocean.

I have a $10 discount code for AO - if you want it send me a message.

Then for Number 2 would be the door button stickers - until I had these several people opened the door using the emergency release, which can damage the door seals.

Then for Number 2 would be the door button stickers - until I had these several people opened the door using the emergency release, which can damage the door seals.
I have recently got centre console wrap from them and I got extra $10 off on top of the code. I just had to abort purchase just before paying. It took a day or so to get a discount on the shopping basket.

Reactions: Roy W.

Nah. Get some good quality vinyl, a credit card, a hair dryer and a craft knife. Less faff than trying to line up a precut kit and just as good or better results.

blow torch definitely not required:)

Just seen this new website for Tesla Accessories:

www.greendrive-accessories.com

Looks like they are based in France .. might be cheaper than shipping from US suppliers
They have a few interesting parts for Model 3's, including Wheels & winter tyre/wheel packages..

The more the better but I'm not convinced by this one yet.
Most of the stuff on there you can get on Ebay for a fraction of the price. Not sure there is much if any of the cool stuff you can only get in the US. Never seen the mudguards before but they look quite cool but they are 10x the price of others you can get and they look too small to actually do much.

Have you got any photos of your DIY job?
sure
20191201_160611.jpg 20191201_160627.jpg 20191201_160655.jpg 20191201_160720.jpg
I have never done vinyl before but I can honestly say to me it appears flawless.
I decided I did not like the way he cut it short on the sides so I wrapped it all the way over instead but apart from that I did it exactly as the guy in the video. well that and using a hairdryer. I have a heat gun but chose not to risk it. Hello kitty hairdryer worked just fine.
Took me about an hour and a half to do.

The good 3m vinyl is not cheap so it was not that much less than a kit. more than some of them. I think I paid about £20

The more the better but I'm not convinced by this one yet.
Most of the stuff on there you can get on Ebay for a fraction of the price. Not sure there is much if any of the cool stuff you can only get in the US. Never seen the mudguards before but they look quite cool but they are 10x the price of others you can get and they look too small to actually do much.

Yes, their jacking point pucks look like the cheap ones that have the long peg that needs to be sawn off to half the length in order to avoid problems. It doesn't look like they are going for the quality end of the market.

sure
View attachment 488749 View attachment 488750 View attachment 488751 View attachment 488752
I have never done vinyl before but I can honestly say to me it appears flawless.
I decided I did not like the way he cut it short on the sides so I wrapped it all the way over instead but apart from that I did it exactly as the guy in the video. well that and using a hairdryer. I have a heat gun but chose not to risk it. Hello kitty hairdryer worked just fine.

The good 3m vinyl is not cheap so it was not that much less than a kit. more than some of them. I think I paid about £20
That looks excellent. You ought to offer it as a service.

The difference between the cheap Chinese TapTes wrap and the AO one in 3M vinyl was like night and day. The TapTes cut was poor, and within a week the vinyl started bubbling.

Your efforts are definitely as good as the AO one, and all my friends that have seen it think that was how the car left the factory.

I don’t know that I’d have the courage to work in the car with a craft knife or scalpel, I’d be frightened of scratching everything!

sure
View attachment 488749 View attachment 488750 View attachment 488751 View attachment 488752

Could you send the link to where you got it from please?
Thanks