Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks excellent. You ought to offer it as a service.

The difference between the cheap Chinese TapTes wrap and the AO one in 3M vinyl was like night and day. The TapTes cut was poor, and within a week the vinyl started bubbling.

Your efforts are definitely as good as the AO one, and all my friends that have seen it think that was how the car left the factory.

I don’t know that I’d have the courage to work in the car with a craft knife or scalpel, I’d be frightened of scratching everything!
Full disclosure I did make one scratch on the silver trim but I would defy anyone but me to find it and if you do it properly as in the video you are never cutting into the trim just running the knife along it.

Reactions: Roy W.
Could you send the link to where you got it from please?
Thanks
I used this.
3M Di-NOC CA-421 Carbon Fibre Black Vinyl Wrap genuine 3M cut to size | eBay
tbh the whole idea inc video and specific vinyl came from someone else on this forum. can't remember who now but thanks again btw
the piece I bought was 30x120 which big enough to do all 3 parts + the strip at the top and have enough left to re-do one part again if necessary.
I think any of the 3M Di-NOC or 1080 stuff is fine. There are many others out there much cheaper but you do get what you pay for the 3M seems to be the gold standard. There did not seem much point skimping given what the car cost :)
I also bought this kit:
Car Wrap Vinyl Tools 6 Film Wrapping Carbon Fibre 3M Squeegee Safety Razor UK 6937913936109 | eBay

The cutter was nice but not really necessary. The knife was very good but any small craft knife would have done. The "squeegees" were a waste of time. too thick to get into the gaps and did not really need to do any smoothing on the surface. To get the vinyl into the gaps at the edge and around the cup holder before cutting I found a credit card much better.

Last edited:
yeah me too... I was all for getting the wrap before I had the car, as well as a screen protector and those little door button decals. Didn't get any of them and realised I don't need any. Centre console stays fine for us as does screen and no one has attempted to use the door levers.

Just fitted mudflaps and rubber seals to reduce noise. Only did that today so jury is out on those at the mo... Other than that, the best thing I've bought is a wireless charger off ebay which is super duper.

I got mine from EV wraps in the US... fitted in about 15 mins this morning. Looks great and the pre cut parts and YouTube video to follow made it super easy... highly recommend their wraps

Model 3 Center Console Wrap

Attachments

• 74C523DD-F025-4E9C-9FCB-0AC7C8CC81BE.jpeg
    74C523DD-F025-4E9C-9FCB-0AC7C8CC81BE.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 79
yeah me too... I was all for getting the wrap before I had the car, as well as a screen protector and those little door button decals. Didn't get any of them and realised I don't need any. Centre console stays fine for us as does screen and no one has attempted to use the door levers.

Just fitted mudflaps and rubber seals to reduce noise. Only did that today so jury is out on those at the mo... Other than that, the best thing I've bought is a wireless charger off ebay which is super duper.
I'm tempted by the door seals to help keep the doors and sills cleaner but not sure it would stick as the car is ceramic coated?

I'm tempted by the door seals to help keep the doors and sills cleaner but not sure it would stick as the car is ceramic coated?
It’ll still stick...

When I had my last car ceramic coated they took all the badges and number plates off first. The badges were re fixed, and even though the plates were only stuck on with a couple of 3M sticky strips, they were almost impossible to remove when I changed the reg 3 years later.

Reactions: m3gt2
Anybody knows where I can get a tray for the storage space under the boot floor? Tempted to keep wet stuff in there (my OneWheel for example, it fits perfectly)

sure John - I bought all three of these, really happy with them for the price. They do come folded up and on first opening they look like the creases will never come out - all you
Need to do is run a hairdryer over them for a minute or two and the creases just fall out

Hamkaw Floor Mats For Tesla Model 3 Cargo Liner Black Tray Trunk Floor Mat Front Storage Mat Rear Trunk Mat Back Rubber Storage Mat Trunk Organizers https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X5K57GB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jaP-DbQ56XD4W

edit - type 4 is the one for the area you’re referring to, if you just want to order that

Reactions: J0hn.r
Reactions: Chalks99
These just got delivered today. I got them from Car Mats UK - Free Delivery On All Car Mat Orders Over £25. These are the Exclusive quality in Graphite (I love Orange so i wanted the fancy orange edge) £48.99 Delivered. I am pretty happy with them. I did ask if they did a version with the Middle bit in the rear filled in, but it seems they don't.

View attachment 471994

I bought these but the bottom piece (in your photo) doesn’t fit either the frunk or the boot storage compartment. It’s not even a close fit. Not really bothered for the price but just warning others in case they’re thinking of buying.

£120! Jeez.

This one’s perfect for the job and a quarter of the price:

VXDAS Model 3 Wireless Charger, QI Wireless Phone Charger Dual Phones Charging Pad with USB Splitter for Tesla Model 3 Accessories (7pcs Storage Mat Set) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SSC9T1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Kg.-DbEZM1WY

e
dit - I’ve had it in my M3P a week and it works really well.

I'm sure it will be absolutely fine in the long run. I am a bit paranoid however as I once paid for a "decent" make of in-car charger and several months later got a recall notice as it was potentially causing vehicle fires. I doubt you will ever get a recall notice from "VXDAS" who are based in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China according to their Amazon profile. I would be amazed if it has any form of safety certification either, so I reckon I will probably pay the extra for the proper Tesla or Jeda version.

Reactions: xnetco
£120! Jeez.

This one’s perfect for the job and a quarter of the price:

VXDAS Model 3 Wireless Charger, QI Wireless Phone Charger Dual Phones Charging Pad with USB Splitter for Tesla Model 3 Accessories (7pcs Storage Mat Set) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SSC9T1K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Kg.-DbEZM1WY

e
dit - I’ve had it in my M3P a week and it works really well.

I’ve tried this one and the Jeda one and neither of them work with a phone in a case. I use the Quad Lock case and just doesn’t charge or sit in the tray.
The Tesla Wireless Charger comes with a better base that works with phones in cases and charges the phone too. . Very happy.

Reactions: Maz0
I’ve tried this one and the Jeda one and neither of them work with a phone in a case. I use the Quad Lock case and just doesn’t charge or sit in the tray.
The Tesla Wireless Charger comes with a better base that works with phones in cases and charges the phone too. . Very happy.
The quad lock case is insanely thick so I’m surprised anything works with it!

works perfectly with my case on, I have a thick Spiegen case (below) and the phone never comes out....

Spigen Tough Armor, Designed for iPhone 11 Case, Shockproof Air Cushion and Dual Layer with Kickstand Protective Case for iPhone 11 (2019) - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T2NFRFV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DfKaEbHYY9N0J

I'm sure it will be absolutely fine in the long run. I am a bit paranoid however as I once paid for a "decent" make of in-car charger and several months later got a recall notice as it was potentially causing vehicle fires. I doubt you will ever get a recall notice from "VXDAS" who are based in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China according to their Amazon profile. I would be amazed if it has any form of safety certification either, so I reckon I will probably pay the extra for the proper Tesla or Jeda version.

very well said. Anyone remember the fake apple chargers which caused house fires?