Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my first order was split - the wireless charger in one box, the rest a few days later in another delivery. I had two tracking numbers.
Tell me how you get on with the vinyl wrap i see there! It looks like the one i got from chEapBay (£4). The one i got the Vinyl was not cut well at all and was a few mill too short on the edges (It was the cupholder one that was short)

Tell me how you get on with the vinyl wrap i see there! It looks like the one i got from chEapBay (£4). The one i got the Vinyl was not cut well at all and was a few mill too short on the edges (It was the cupholder one that was short)
You’re almost spot on David :D

The vinyl you can see is actually carbon fibre wraps for the door bottoms - not sure what you call them, but the bits that get kicked and scuffed if you’re not careful. :rolleyes:

I have ordered a console wrap from TapTes, but that was a separate order and it hasn’t been despatched yet. But don’t worry, I’ll let you know how the fitting goes when it arrives. I’m hoping it will look at least as good as yours ;)

Reactions: davidmc
You’re almost spot on David :D

The vinyl you can see is actually carbon fibre wraps for the door bottoms - not sure what you call them, but the bits that get kicked and scuffed if you’re not careful. :rolleyes:

I have ordered a console wrap from TapTes, but that was a separate order and it hasn’t been despatched yet. But don’t worry, I’ll let you know how the fitting goes when it arrives. I’m hoping it will look at least as good as yours ;)
Please do post your experience :)

On a side note regards Wrapping does anyone know of any vinyl Cutting places? I have found the templates used by Kenrik (the link is to his template so Qdos to him for this)

Kenrik/Model-3-Vinyl-Wrap-Template

Might be something people would be interested in? @PistonsDead Sideline? I Can see Neon sign glowing "M3 Carpets & Vinyl - Sweet AF!" :D

Please do post your experience :)

On a side note regards Wrapping does anyone know of any vinyl Cutting places? I have found the templates used by Kenrik (the link is to his template so Qdos to him for this)

Kenrik/Model-3-Vinyl-Wrap-Template

Might be something people would be interested in? @PistonsDead Sideline? I Can see Neon sign glowing "M3 Carpets & Vinyl - Sweet AF!" :D

Haha - Yeah, I've been looking into this.

I - honestly - want to 'wood' out the centre console with an exact grain match for the main dashboard but can't find anyone in the UK...

Gimme a week or two, I have to shift all this bloody carpet on www.alternateflux.com first :)

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W. and davidmc
Haha - Yeah, I've been looking into this.

I - honestly - want to 'wood' out the centre console with an exact grain match for the main dashboard but can't find anyone in the UK...

Gimme a week or two, I have to shift all this bloody carpet on www.alternateflux.com first :)

Here you go - DIY it!

Vinyl cutter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plotter-Cu...ocphy=9046414&hvtargid=pla-761565982527&psc=1

Stockiest of 3M 1080 vinyl:
3M™ Wrap Film Series 1080 | High Performance Vinyl Wrap for Cars | Colour Change Wrap Films | Vehicle Wrapping | Materials | Products Catalogue | Spandex - Leading Brands for Graphic Solutions

Reactions: 1 person
@Roy W. Was looking for alternative console wrap to redo my cheap buy that ended in a throw to a bin and thought i should look at Taptes to see what they have on offer. One thing i did see is the 1 review to the Console wrap! :confused:

Found these tho that Use 3M 1080 Vinyl (Some people have already used one of these) (Shipping cost not inc in prices below)

Model 3 Easy Center Console Wrap - Tesla Bros - Model 3 Accessories - $45 for most vinyls $85 for the wood grain (Think it looks like the dash grain?)

Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap - $39.99 - Lots have used it and seen some great results!

Model 3 Center Console Wrap - $29.99 - Cheapest I've seen

@Roy W. Was looking for alternative console wrap to redo my cheap buy that ended in a throw to a bin and thought i should look at Taptes to see what they have on offer. One thing i did see is the 1 review to the Console wrap! :confused:
Yes, I too saw that review today! It wasn’t there when I ordered...

However, I’ll reserve judgement until it arrives, as I’ve so far been very happy with everything else from TapTes.

Reactions: davidmc
4D29EE53-809D-46FD-BA49-586C3B74033B.jpeg
ADA54F7C-D8C7-494C-B341-B39C4303B272.jpeg
Here are a couple of photos of the Door Button labels from TapTes.

I’m glad I’ve got these now. I’ve been trying to tell all passengers how to open the door from the inside, and the one time I forget to do this my mate used the emergency door release! Hopefully these will help.

Found these tho that Use 3M 1080 Vinyl (Some people have already used one of these) (Shipping cost not inc in prices below)

Model 3 Easy Center Console Wrap - Tesla Bros - Model 3 Accessories - $45 for most vinyls $85 for the wood grain (Think it looks like the dash grain?)

Model 3 Center Console Vinyl Wrap - $39.99 - Lots have used it and seen some great results!

Model 3 Center Console Wrap - $29.99 - Cheapest I've seen

Tesla Bros are amazing. I ordered the full door handle wraps. Due to an issue their end they sent me the Centre Console wrap as well free of charge. I cant recommend them highly enough.... top quality merchandise too!

Ive also ordered the Chrome Delete kit from them, just awaiting it- should arrive by the end of the week. Probably will have to pay import charges though

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Personally I would get a SD card and a USB/SD reader.

Worth reading up on the main Model 3 forum. Recent software updates have caused problems with many USB sticks - the main forum is probably closer to getting to the bottom of the issue and if/when it may get resolved. Dash Cam Too Slow after update The issue seems to affect larger storage devices (last time that I looked, >32GB seem to be more of a problem) and worth noting that the USB interface on Model 3 is apparently USB 2 so does not need to be particularly fast - I have problems on my current (non Tesla) vehicle and my genuine 64GB USB 3 Sandisk works intermittently so I replaced it with a 32GB branded USB 2 device which has worked flawlessly so there seems to be some mileage in the speed/size thing for some auto solutions.

Last edited: