Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very classy :D

Mm, Pringles ;)

I'm thinking of giving it a carbon wrap and selling on the internet...

... other coffee brands are available

20190715_172559359_iOS.jpg
20190715_172550974_iOS.jpg

Yet more TapTes bits ‘n’ bobs... I don’t know why I just didn’t order one of everything :D

These are some carbon fibre pattern vinyls to protect the bottom of the doors. I call them kickboards, but I know that’s not the real name. Kickboards because that’s what I inevitably do with my bloody great big feet when I’m not being careful enough! Hopefully these will help disguise any scuffs and protect the original finish underneath.

Photos are front door first then rear door:

39B7D8CE-2382-4100-8AB5-FD7A216E2AB5.jpeg

7E1F2F5B-287E-44F6-8FE7-734270E69216.jpeg

Psst! It is I... the dude who keeps banging on about floor mats!

BUT, I've been spending the past day or so working on some new sets - without boot and frunk liners so the cost is less - and now they're coming with body matching, accent coloured stitching too :)

Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats - Alternate Flux

I'm still working on logistics, so they're not completely ready yet, but have put a page up for pre-orders should you be interested?

red-stitch.png

white-stitch.png

(Still to come, possibly rubber ones for the winter! But that's entirely dependant on my managing to do some of the actual day-job work in-between my floor-mat-madness, so that I can afford to keep a roof over my head ;p)

Reactions: phillcom3
Yet more TapTes bits ‘n’ bobs... I don’t know why I just didn’t order one of everything :D

These are some carbon fibre pattern vinyls to protect the bottom of the doors. I call them kickboards, but I know that’s not the real name. Kickboards because that’s what I inevitably do with my bloody great big feet when I’m not being careful enough! Hopefully these will help disguise any scuffs and protect the original finish underneath.

Photos are front door first then rear door:

View attachment 448848

View attachment 448849

This is a great idea... I've spent WAY too much time trying to remove the scuffs from my door already!

Reactions: Roy W.
That looks really great. Must say I like the finish! And your fitting is great. Any problems with fitting? I can see I’m going to be coughing up the $70 for an Abstract Ocean one before too long...

Thanks. It took me about 45min to get them fitted. I just watched the Abstract Ocean install video and followed it section by section. It wasn't too bad at all, the vinyl isn't too sticky if the car is cool so you can move it around/stick/unstick if you are not happy. Busy day in fact as i also fitted the 'T' puddle lights and upgraded the rest of the LED lighting.

Here we go again! This is another little TapTes jobby included with my big box of goodies when I bought their Special Offer $99 collection a few weeks ago.

These are two clear vinyls cut to cover the aluminium Model 3 badges in the inner sills at the front. You apply them wet, and to start with they looked horrendous, but now they’ve dried out you wouldn’t really know there were there. They should protect the sill plates from scratches nicely.

D0331E05-844E-4EC4-B42D-C0F641896BBC.jpeg

Reactions: davidmc
And one more accessory, this time not from TapTes ;)

I wanted a boot mat just to protect the boot carpet from scuffs, and I’ve used this same product on a couple of previous cars. It’s a nice quality black plastic, doesn’t stink of rubber, and is easily cut to fit with a decent pair of scissors.

It runs the entire length of the boot, but doesn’t cover the two side shelves. That doesn’t really bother me, but it may you.

From Amazon this time, £8.98, but I’ve bought the same mat from other outlets in the past. Here’s the link:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009H0KMZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

58DB0707-B527-484A-964C-C8788EA2389D.jpeg

I wanted a boot mat just to protect the boot carpet from scuffs, and I’ve used this same product on a couple of previous cars. It’s a nice quality black plastic, doesn’t stink of rubber, and is easily cut to fit with a decent pair of scissors.

It runs the entire length of the boot, but doesn’t cover the two side shelves. That doesn’t really bother me, but it may you.

From Amazon this time, £8.98, but I’ve bought the same mat from other outlets in the past. Here’s the link:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009H0KMZM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 449020
Genius! And thanks for the link :)

View attachment 449020
With 2 of those you could cut the front and rear internal mats, possibly with one? :cool: