Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently waiting on a delivery from Taptes, just a wireless phone charger and some stickers for the door open buttons. The package arrived at Heathrow on Monday and then cleared customs and changed to outward RDC yesterday. Does anybody know how long it normally takes to deliver from this point?

Currently waiting on a delivery from Taptes, just a wireless phone charger and some stickers for the door open buttons. The package arrived at Heathrow on Monday and then cleared customs and changed to outward RDC yesterday. Does anybody know how long it normally takes to deliver from this point?
My money says you'll get it delivered tomorrow, maybe Monday.

if anyone is interested , both new and not used . send me a pm

tesla navy blue cap and pack which is anti kick pad protection for doors and glove box

Screenshot_20190927-182603_AliExpress.jpg Screenshot_20190927-182622_AliExpress.jpg 20190927_182232.jpg 20190927_182238.jpg

Reactions: m3p_uk
One screw each side for the fronts. The back ones don't need any screw, they just use the trim 'poppers' already there. The fronts wouldn't need the screw either if the design was a little different (better), not sure why they went that direction. Photos from our 3:

View attachment 459808

What ones are they?

They look like they could become a bit of a rust trap to me, especially the rear one. Hopefully its just over emphasised by shadow, but there looks to be an area behind the flap where wet debris could accumulate.

Sorry to be clear, are there already holes in the car or did you have to drill them?
THe green coloured screw had to go into the front wheel liners.

What ones are they?

They look like they could become a bit of a rust trap to me, especially the rear one. Hopefully its just over emphasised by shadow, but there looks to be an area behind the flap where wet debris could accumulate.
I forget the brand, we get sent a lot of samples, and we got a few variants of these, but they were all exactly the same, so it seems like there's either one factory producing them for everyone, or one design getting copied everywhere. I agree, having a lip on the side facing the tyre is a strange design choice, there's no sense in giving mud or ice any shelf to attached itself to. The bit where it means the actual linter is fine, I don't think that would cause any potential for rust.

but they were all exactly the same, so it seems like there's either one factory producing them for everyone, or one design getting copied everywhere.

So. Much. This.

For everything it would seem. And very little difference between the $10 and $100 versions of so many things.

Really starting to appreciate the differences in products that have been designed from scratch.