Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Accessories one comes highly recommended. Some cheaper ones don't do well with polarised sun glasses.
I have video reviews on my list of lists

Does anyone have a recommendation for a screen protector? I pulled the trigger and bought this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MQSNLXV but it's not the right shape - the bottom edge of the model 3 display is slightly curved and the protector wasn't.

Also fitted seals and stick on number plate. Looks much better.
695194001.png

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
How hard is it to get the stock number plate holders off/apart? Has anyone seen a write up of how they come apart, or is it obvious once you know? I've had a half hearted go at them - the rear looks like it hinges open but I've not been able to get it to budge yet!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a screen protector? I pulled the trigger and bought this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MQSNLXV but it's not the right shape - the bottom edge of the model 3 display is slightly curved and the protector wasn't.

I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QQ2PQ56/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_nBLKDbD8NJMXE and was very happy with it. I held it up initially and wasn't happy with the fit, but rotated it 180 degrees and it seemed to fit much better. Please give that a go.

Reactions: NeilM3 and Roy W.
How hard is it to get the stock number plate holders off/apart? Has anyone seen a write up of how they come apart, or is it obvious once you know? I've had a half hearted go at them - the rear looks like it hinges open but I've not been able to get it to budge yet!

1. The bottom part clips off. Just pull.

2. Take plate out and undo 2 screws on the front plate

3. Take plate out and undo 2 hex bolts on rear plates

Getting the level correct on the front is a bit tricky as it's curved. The front is screwed in so the screws leave a bump in the bumper, I just stuck the plate over it instead of trying to sand it down or whatever. The rear has a little trench with 2 proper plastic fixings for the hex bolts, again just stuck over it and the plate is a bit dipped in the middle which you can't really notice.

Reactions: NeilM3
View attachment 460139 View attachment 460137 View attachment 460138 More Saturday chores...

Installed the AO Matrix black centre console wrap. Very happy with the results. Takes a bit of patience (approx 1 hour including prep, watching vids etc).

Did quite like the piano black shiny finish and thought about maybe get some good use out of the original finish first and then perhaps cover with wrap when scratched and scuffed.....
Yes, I got this as well. Looks really good in the car. They say it's a bit easier to install than some. I don't know 'cos I got my ceramic coating installer to put it on (for free, and a pretty good job, thanks Azz).

It does just hinge open but you have to be a little bit brutal with it to get it to unclip. You'll never go back so it's going in the bin anyway ;)

Reactions: Roy W. and m3gt2

I went for a bells and whistle screen protector from AO -
Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protector for the Tesla Model 3 - clear hd anti fingerprint gen 3. It was easy to fit as it as comes with a fitting template and you cannot tell after that there’s a screen protector there. Feels just like the original screen and covers the screen perfectly. Costly at around £30 but I see it as a worthwhile investment protecting something much more expensive.

https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/

Reactions: pete8314 and Roy W.

I went for a bells and whistle screen protector from AO -
Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protector for the Tesla Model 3 - clear hd anti fingerprint gen 3. It was easy to fit as it as comes with a fitting template and you cannot tell after that there’s a screen protector there. Feels just like the original screen and covers the screen perfectly. Costly at around £30 but I see it as a worthwhile investment protecting something much more expensive.

https://www.abstractocean.com/9H-Model3/
That is great to hear -- I ordered the same one and am just waiting for it to be delivered. Thanks

Reactions: elecTED
Ok so after a few days I'm loving the car but I think I need a couple of accessories. Firstly do the cup holder inserts work as bottles fly out of the holders (front and rear) quite easily! Second, I know you can get the replacement struts to make the boot/froot open automatically but I have read both good and bad, can someone point me to the good ones please? :) Thanks

What are some good cleaning products people have purchased? Both for interior and exterior.

I have used my spit and arms to remove every single little dirt I see since I got the car on Sunday and I am pretty sure thats not ideal... :confused:o_O I want to do a good cleaning this weekend.

What are some good cleaning products people have purchased? Both for interior and exterior.

I have used my spit and arms to remove every single little dirt I see since I got the car on Sunday and I am pretty sure thats not ideal... :confused:o_O I want to do a good cleaning this weekend.
Nowt wrong wi’ spit ;)

as long as it’s Autoglym spit :D

Seriously, I’ve used Autoglym products for years. Not the cheapest, not necessarily the best, but reliable and good results without breaking the bank.

I use a snow foam prewash, then a two- bucket wash using Autoglym shampoo.

I dry and also apply Autoglym Aqua Wax with a drying towel.

I recently bought a cheap battery powered leaf blower which I’m finding great for blowing the water out of all the nooks and crannies.

Reactions: m3gt2