Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minor regional correction to the post above. In the U.K. the supplied Tesla Mobile Connector (TMC) will give 230v @ 10amps = 2.3kW ~8 miles/hr if plugged in to a standard 3 pin socket

You also get a commando plug for it giving 230v @ 16amps = 3.7kW ~14miles/hr

Charging Connectors

Also, some light reading ;) UK accessories for RHD Model 3

Last edited:
Minor regional correction to the post above. In the U.K. the supplied Tesla Mobile Connector (TMC) will give 230v @ 10amps = 2.3kW ~8 miles/hr if plugged in to a standard 3 pin socket

You also get a commando plug for it giving 230v @ 16amps = 3.7kW ~14miles/hr

Charging Connectors

Also, some light reading ;) UK accessories for RHD Model 3

Quick question. I am getting a PodPoint (7kwh option) installed . With the connectors provided with the model 3 will I get the maximum charge or do I need to buy another connector? Thanks!

You’ll use the separate type2 cable (also supplied) for that. No need for anything else, one end (smaller) goes into the Pod-Point, other end goes into the car.

model 3 takes max 11kW in AC flavour electricity, so it’ll use all of the 7kW

NB the type2 cable supplied will probably be 4m long

a good summary of charging here

Last edited:
These just got delivered today. I got them from Car Mats UK - Free Delivery On All Car Mat Orders Over £25. These are the Exclusive quality in Graphite (I love Orange so i wanted the fancy orange edge) £48.99 Delivered. I am pretty happy with them. I did ask if they did a version with the Middle bit in the rear filled in, but it seems they don't.

IMG_20191101_100951.jpg
IMG_20191101_100944.jpg

Reactions: ajp558
For the M3 I would definitely get some mud guards. There are other threads on here where you can find out more.

They might not be everybody’s cup of tea but from the ones who have invested (including myself) - I think we all agree that they’re a god send if y want to stop the build up of cr@p behind the wheel, on the bodywork, and also along the side of the car.
You can get some decent ones on Amazon (again, will be linked in other threads - I can’t link them off my phone, sorry!)

Also - I don’t have mine yet, but a centre console wrap if you want to avoid scratches on the piano black surface.

hope these help :)

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc and Roy W.
My personal bit of advice is if possible wait until you have lived with the car for a few weeks before ordering too much. We got a whole list of things we have bought in advance and not yet used although probably will in time.

As well as the console wrap, we find the console storage bin a useful addition - but not perfect as it blocks the forward console light. Also very happy with the matte screen protector - slightly raised BP when fitting, but you would not know it was there now other than not wiped any finger marks off the screen since fitting a week ago.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Got the trunk struts yesterday, they will be returned. They don't work and maybe in 1 in 5 attempts it works. Also it seems to put a lot of pressure on the lid and flexes a fair bit.

Amazon link above

I also bought some by TooGoo. Pile of rubbish and no better than the supplied Tesla OEM ones. Seller didn’t respond to my emails so Amazon refunded me in full. Have ordered a set of BougeRV ones which hopefully will be better.

My personal bit of advice is if possible wait until you have lived with the car for a few weeks before ordering too much. We got a whole list of things we have bought in advance and not yet used although probably will in time.

As well as the console wrap, we find the console storage bin a useful addition - but not perfect as it blocks the forward console light. Also very happy with the matte screen protector - slightly raised BP when fitting, but you would not know it was there now other than not wiped any finger marks off the screen since fitting a week ago.
I was thinking of getting:

Jack pads
Mud flaps
Console wrap
Door button stickers
Ssd/sd i.e something for sentry mode
Wireless charge pad (definitely not for everyone but a must have for me)

Leaving anything else till I get the car. Anyone think I've missed anything? Apreciate it's going to vary a lot person to person. I'm sure some wouldn't want even what I listed already.

Console cubby hole tray?

WRT to door button stickers, the ones that I got do not glow much (if any), but its not a problem, so just think of the options as white and yellow. Mind you mine only cost £3 with many days shipping from China but I had ordered in advance.

Mud flaps? The car is a dirt magnet. I'm still trying to track down the more flexible version having received a less flexible ABS set instead.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jason71
Update on Sandisk Endurance card. Hold off for time being whilst I investigate the ‘too slow’ error that has just appeared on one of the two cards that I have.

I rotate a pair so I can have one always in cars whilst I can peruse the other at my leisure.

Came back to car yesterday to have an unlucky 13 sentry mode events and a ‘too slow’ card error. But is still caught the woman using our car as a door stop. Don’t think there is any damage.

But at our next stop the sentry alarm activated but were blind by then so missed what caused it. Can’t see anything, Hope it was just a bus close by and air wobbling the car.

I rotated the other one back in and that’s fine. But have noticed a fair number of small file sizes. i has a theory about this but this has blown that.

I had a problem with one of the cards getting corrupted so had to reformat which then gave me another error. Took a while to sort. I need to check what card this was.

I’m also going to try another method of formatting.

These cards have write speed in excess of USB 2 rates as on the car so are plenty fast enough on paper. But I have seen flash memory slow down during long file copies and think it may be related to that.

I’ve also been running with a different USB/SD adaptor so that’s not a common factor.

I’ll also run a full card check to ensure that my reliably sourced cards are in fact reliable and not counterfeit. Would have done earlier had I found a reliable site to download it from but think I now have.

I can't fidn a confirmation email from them did you get one?
These just got delivered today. I got them from Car Mats UK - Free Delivery On All Car Mat Orders Over £25. These are the Exclusive quality in Graphite (I love Orange so i wanted the fancy orange edge) £48.99 Delivered. I am pretty happy with them. I did ask if they did a version with the Middle bit in the rear filled in, but it seems they don't.

View attachment 471993 View attachment 471994

Order these yesterday, they look pretty good, glad to see they have the extra piece to cover the rest on the drivers side.