Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m at the Aviemore superchargers now and can confirm only four. Just spoken to one of the guys removing the cabinets and it’s not for an upgrade and will only be four bays.

I suppose with Fort William and Inverness locations soon gives more options.
One step backwards. Scotland are forefront of Green initiatives. You’d think they’d be supporting Tesla and warning off the hotel.

Reactions: Medved_77
I’m at the Aviemore superchargers now and can confirm only four. Just spoken to one of the guys removing the cabinets and it’s not for an upgrade and will only be four bays.

I suppose with Fort William and Inverness locations soon gives more options.
Maybe they will upgrade to V3 at some point. if they could support 12 then clearly the power supply is sufficient and at least then they would be faster throughput

I had a timeshare in Dalfaber village next to Aviemore from 1983 until about 4 years ago. It was originally owned by Barratt the builder and was really very good. We had many enjoyable holidays until the administration was bought by MacDonald Hotels. Bit by bit the owners were screwed. The golf course was in a very poor state when the Spey Valley Course next door with the same owner was immaculate. The lodges went from bad to worse and the fees went up and up. If anyone dared to complain they were troublemakers. We couldn't give the timeshare away for nothing. Eventually we had to pay MacDonald £1800 just to take it off our hands. Don't worry I'm coming to the point.
I assume the Superchargers were built on land owned by MacDonald and this was a huge mistake. MacDonald would be always looking for a way to screw Tesla. What a shame because it was a great place to have the site. I only wish that I had been consulted.

I was at Aviemore a couple of Sundays ago around 9am and of the 12 chargers there was one Tesla and the rest were Iced. Luckily I was able to come back later in the day. The hotel management didnt seem interested and my partner was annoyed enough to phone Tesla about it. They said that there were effectively powerless to do anything about it. Must be some sort of crap deal they brokered with the hotel. They should get the hell out of their and set up somewhere else in Aviemore that is more appreciative.

Reactions: SM '15 P90D
Leicester Forest East planning permission permit expires today (unless there have been groundwork started over last few days).

Backstory is that the original planning was submitted using a contractor who has now gone bust, locking everyone out from commencing the build. So let’s see if a new application gets submitted in next few weeks.
There were also power supply concerns, but believe this was covered by battery storage.

It’s not UK but I didn’t want to start another thread

large charging hub for Tesla and Fastned being built next to the current temporary Hilden SuC in Germany not far from Düsseldorf

150A2831-5523-43ED-94ED-36D350A766B0.jpeg

FastNed are too expensive.
If you think £0.39 per kWh is reasonable then you aren't paying from your own pocket.
Agreed but if it shares the installation costs between the two companies and means a larger Supercharger network (@ ~£0.24 pkWh), I'm happy with that!

The Sunderland location was free for around 14 months and the new Newcastle location is still free around 2 months in. I suspect Whitley Bay, Washington and Kingston Park to follow suite.

Fastned’s next rollout hasn’t been announced in UK as far as I’m aware, so could be something to keep an eye on if a partnership with Tesla could be on the cards (albeit a small chance).