Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any superchargers on the M1 or A1(M) between Sheffield and Middlesbrough? Travelling from Kent and looking at the app and betterrouteplanner etc it seems I'm going to be stuck,............... Destination chargers are not an option as I'll need to get there as soon as possible after setting off. I thought they were going to put some at Ferrybridge - did that not happen? Do you have to use the Manor to use the supercharger in Barnsley?
Any help welcome. First long journey in the M3
I do Oxford to Tyne and Wear without issue on weekly basis.

Usually quick charge at Warwick and then Woodall (using both service roads to save a few miles). Can you charge when you arrive?

Yes CMc1 I can charge when I arrive. I looked at the maps on Tesla etc and they said Woodall was only going South. What do you mean service roads?
Screenshot 2019-12-20 at 10.55.31.png

As shown in the pic, keep left when you enter the Northbound Services, take the service road and go 180º on to the A618, under the M1, first left up another service road to enter the Southbound services. Tesla SuC are straight over the junction. Just be aware of traffic from RHS about to join motorway.

I do this on a weekly basis without issue. Seems a little odd at first, but its fine. The Tesla Nav even says to take service road in the notes.

Re-run this journey to go North again...

There is another version at Warwick, but doubt you'll need it.

Enjoy!

Reactions: moj66
As an owner of an older MS I was reassured to read that it's 8 V3 stalls plus 8 V2. Yes there is a CCS adaptor available but anecdotally they aren't as reliable as a CHAdeMO adaptor (which I have) on 3rd party chargers.

I think that's a reflection of those 3rd party chargers' functionality in their CHAdeMO vs CCS modes, rather than the adapters. The Tesla CCS adapter is just mechanical (as compared to the CHAdeMO one that's full of electronics).

You would hope that there wouldn't be too many compatibility issues between Tesla's cars and their own superchargers.

I think that's a reflection of those 3rd party chargers' functionality in their CHAdeMO vs CCS modes, rather than the adapters. The Tesla CCS adapter is just mechanical (as compared to the CHAdeMO one that's full of electronics).

You would hope that there wouldn't be too many compatibility issues between Tesla's cars and their own superchargers.
Actually there is a lot of extra electronics for CCS it’s just newer cars have it pre fitted. Older cars can get it retro fitted.