Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woodall has 1 stall out of action. (Not clear which one. No comments on Zap-Map nor PlugShare).

Weirdly, Woodall showed two out of action half hour prior to my arrival, then changed to one before plugging in. Wish the Nav mentioned which stall(s) are broken.

I found one (or both) stalls dead nearest the Woodall service road a month ago. Could have been repaired since and I moved up two instead of using the one next to it as they are a pair so didn't test it.

It was my first Supercharger session so not a very good start. Subsequent sessions proved very quickly that Superchargers and the way they are billed along with the number at any one site is the only way to go.

I've not updated to the latest software yet, but it seems to indicate that it should indicate charges that are out of action?
Yes since 2020.8.1, however only recently mention in release notes on newer versions... (common theme)

Number of stalls “out of order” now displayed on maps. (Maybe someone can confirm in UK with 2020.8.1? Ie Oxford’s 2 out of order?)
View attachment 519097

Reactions: 94jdh
Any news for Leicester Forest East?

I'm hoping soon but I know rugby is getting Superchargers so they may mean that LFE will be delayed or scrapped altogether as they aren't that far away and will serve M6, M1 and A14 so it's a much more accessible location.

A bit of background on LFE: planning permission was granted in 2017 for a project involving Superchargers with battery storage provided by Cambourne Energy Storage but they subsequently went bust. There was also some debate around that time about whether the services would be demolished altogether as part of a new M1-M69 junction project but I haven't found any recent news about that so perhaps the project has been discounted.

Never-the-less in this post last year @arg still sounded hopeful that they would eventually get built. Even with a new service area including a Supercharger near Rugby under construction there are now several examples of UK Superchargers located close to one another, so all is not lost for LFE.

Reactions: m3gt2
I would love to know this too. Anyone nearby able to pop over?
It's been reported on the UK Owner's Facebook group, and SpeakEV, that 8 bays are under construction at the Leeds Service Centre (i.e. Whitehouse Street, not the Supercharger at the Village hotel). I haven't come across any pics or further details other than groundworks started on 26th May.
enough for @MarcoRP to add on supercharger.info?

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and MarcoRP
Some photos have already been posted apparently
E0F1F0C2-3BBA-4FFF-BB0E-08FD775ADEBB.jpeg

Reactions: cezdoc
That car park always seems full anyway. Not sure how they’ll have room for 8 dedicated to SuCs. Also not ideal on an evening with no where for coffee etc.

Musk said yesterday that they slowed roll out of SuC as they increased V3 production and they’re ready to ramp back up.

Hopefully a few more V3 for UK (Not that Leeds will be V3 Id had thought).

Is this why the current 2 stall Leeds is closed?

Reactions: Pazz
I agree, the decision to locate that many Superchargers at Leeds Whitehouse isn't ideal. That car park is always full of stock/unregistered cars. Last time I was there (April) they only had 2 spaces for customers to park.

Assuming they close the Village Supercharger (labelled as Barnsley) the issue will be that it will now mean that anyone on the M62 will have to drive into the centre of Leeds down the M621 to charge. The Supercharger at the Village was useful but with only 2 bays it's frequently full.

Whitehouse is also down a 1 way street!