Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, the decision to locate that many Superchargers at Leeds Whitehouse isn't ideal. That car park is always full of stock/unregistered cars. Last time I was there (April) they only had 2 spaces for customers to park.

Assuming they close the Village Supercharger (labelled as Barnsley) the issue will be that it will now mean that anyone on the M62 will have to drive into the centre of Leeds down the M621 to charge. The Supercharger at the Village was useful but with only 2 bays it's frequently full.

Whitehouse is also down a 1 way street!

Barnsley is at Tankersley Manor Hotel just off the M1. The Village is on the M62 and is labelled as Leeds, sorry to be pedantic.

IFTTT Trigger for Newbridge Edinburgh permit on Supercharger.info
8 stall 250kW

Edit: permit 20/01678/FUL shows new electrical substation at Tesla Service Centre. Not sure where the 250kW figure is confirmed

Last edited:
8 stall 250kW

Edit: permit 20/01678/FUL shows new electrical substation at Tesla Service Centre. Not sure where the 250kW figure is confirmed

Stalls labelled 1A-4B so highly doubt V3 250kW and also substation is similar to V2 according to SpeakEV user. @MarcoRP could you amend to 150kW please.

Reactions: cezdoc
where are you seeing pictures of the stalls?
85308202-7000-45E2-9887-EF86C04484FC.png

Drawing 03-PLAN

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and MarcoRP
8 stall 250kW

Reckon they'll retain the old super chargers at the airport given how close these two sites will be?

Buying a Tesla is currently a great way of avoiding airport parking charges for drop offs and collections :)

That’s Leeds and now Edinburgh that will have superchargers at their service centres. This the new theme? No obvious places for coffee/toilet etc at 3am.

These also near main routes?

I welcome any new chargers btw. Just questioning their choice in location.

That’s Leeds and now Edinburgh that will have superchargers at their service centres. This the new theme? No obvious places for coffee/toilet etc at 3am.

These also near main routes?

I welcome any new chargers btw. Just questioning their choice in location.
Edinburgh service centre is probably a 3 or 4 min walk from a McDonald's and a petrol station with a Subway so location isn't bad. Also in the proximity of 3 motorways so a good spot.

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
I feel it’s more quantity over quality in this roll out

There does seem to be a concerted push to get superchargers at service centres; some of them (eg. Edinburgh) are maybe sensible locations for general use, but I wonder if this is more about demand for charging new cars and similar rather than increasing provision for ordinary customer use.

does paired stalls, i.e. 1A, 1B etc indicate this will be 150kw not a 250 kw charger?

As others have said, that plus the dimensions (and quantity) of the associated charger cabinets indicate that the drawing is of a V2 supercharger installation.

However, in this case it's not completely cut-and-dried, since the stalls and charger cabinets are just background images - the planning application is strictly for the substation, and the charger cabinets/charging bays are outside the red-line area on the plan. Hence the chargers/stalls are not part of the planning application and they could install something different if they felt like it, though given recent history at other sites V2 does seem most likely.

Reactions: cezdoc