Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However, it's not on the in-car map yet either, which means it's not yet official and at risk of being turned off again.

That’s worth remembering. Hopefully won’t be the case here, the commissioning team gave the ‘nudge, nudge, wink, wink’ that two other sites were being commissioned as they finished off at Membury East.

M6 Charnock Richard SC Southbound Restriction

In case not seen in other forum:

Please note that from 1st July Tesla owners who get off Southbound will NOT be able to drive off the motorway and nip back onto the northbound SC as electric number recognition bollards are being fitted.

Some speculation that registering with the hotel might allow number plate recognition

Hi All,

32, yes, THIRTY TWO chargers to be installed at Woodall M1 northbound! Planning application should be approved imminently. In fact, they do appear to be doing a lot of groundworks there which looked remarkably like laying of cables in a trench, as I spotted yesterday.

Amazing!

Check out the site plans (2nd file from bottom)

Plan Portal

Yeeha!

Hi All,

32, yes, THIRTY TWO chargers to be installed at Woodall M1 northbound! Planning application should be approved imminently. In fact, they do appear to be doing a lot of groundworks there which looked remarkably like laying of cables in a trench, as I spotted yesterday.

Amazing!

Check out the site plans (2nd file from bottom)

Plan Portal

Yeeha!

That looks like an awesome plan!

Seems to be ideal both location and distance too. Location - on the way to virtually anywhere in Great Britain north of and including Manchester/Sheffield. And distance wise - 152 miles / 246 km from London - short enough that the shortest range vehicles will be able to make it and will have a low state-of-charge when arriving.

M6 Charnock Richard SC Southbound Restriction

In case not seen in other forum:

Some speculation that registering with the hotel might allow number plate recognition
Thanks for this, I did a little digging and it looks like new signs have gone up on the southbound service road explicitly allowing access for the hotel and tesla charging - I added a pic to the other thread.

32! They only have 8 the other side! I'll take a look when driving back that way Sunday and see what's going on. Wonder if they plan extending the southbound side?

Also Scotch corner is now on Zap Map, although I don't understand why they've been put at the hotel instead of the services. Makes no logical sense to me as the whole point is to juice up while grabbing a bite/toilet stop, not a destination charging facility. Especially as the services serve both north and south.

Also Scotch corner is now on Zap Map, although I don't understand why they've been put at the hotel instead of the services. Makes no logical sense to me as the whole point is to juice up while grabbing a bite/toilet stop, not a destination charging facility. Especially as the services serve both north and south.

Because sadly the services have to allow Tesla to put them there, Tesla cannot just turn up and do what they want :p

Swung by Woodall services yesterday, there's no sign of anything in the area proposed for the SC. Not that I'd expect there to be yet but thought there might be some signs of prep work. It's a big area to clear, a few nice trees they'll have to clear too. Would be nice to leave for shade in the summer.

Just booked Chanel Tunnel and saw this alert!

Electric car chargers on UK Terminal

We are currently experiencing technical issues with our electric car charging stations. We are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue. Please be aware that this facility may not be available when you arrive at our terminal. We advise that you ensure your vehicle has enough charge to continue your onward journey from Calais before you arrive at our Folkestone terminal.

Has anyone used them in the last couple of weeks

• Informative
Reactions: .jg.
Electric car chargers on UK Terminal
We are currently experiencing technical issues with our electric car charging stations. We are working as fast as possible to resolve this issue. Please be aware that this facility may not be available when you arrive at our terminal. We advise that you ensure your vehicle has enough charge to continue your onward journey from Calais before you arrive at our Folkestone terminal.

I think that refers to the CYC units (presumably actually owned by Eurotunnel themselves) as opposed to the Superchargers.

The Superchargers have recent success checkins on Plugshare (Jun 27), while the CYC ones have loads of fail reports on both Plugshare and Zap-Map.

Swung by Woodall services yesterday, there's no sign of anything in the area proposed for the SC. Not that I'd expect there to be yet but thought there might be some signs of prep work. It's a big area to clear, a few nice trees they'll have to clear too. Would be nice to leave for shade in the summer.

There's a large trench been dug on the NB side, possibly something or nothing to do with the SCs. I use this supercharger every week so I'll keep an eye on it. Still waiting for planning consent, so nothing of substance can start until that's decided.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Do you have any idea where Perth one has moved to?

Barlborough - but it's bound to be a bug as the same thing has happened to Fleet Southbound.

Hi @jgwozdzicki
Some "coming soon" pins, e.g. Fleet and Perth have disappeared from the map but this looks like link gremlins: they are still included on the alphabetical list at www.tesla.com/en_GB/findus/list/superchargers/United+Kingdom and actually link to the new Barlborough pin!

Perth, Stirling and Fort William all look like notional plans so I wouldn't expect a new Supercharger to appear anytime soon and even if they do I doubt they would be at the exact pin locations. In the meantime there's a very handy bank of 3 CHAdeMO rapid chargers at Broxden at the M90/A9 junction on the outskirts of Perth.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Hi all, been reading the forum for a while but this is my first official post. Has anyone noticed some more grey supercharger locations on the UK map today, I swear they weren't there yesterday. 3 that seem to stick out to me are Aberystwyth, Crossgates and Fort William?

The Mid Wales chargers are very much welcomed and once these are ready it will make travelling all around Wales a lot easier

Reactions: MagicMagicD