Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
still listed as below on website (which is usually last to be updated on its info)

View attachment 503507

4 superchargers at the Stockport store are now accessible 24/7, they have moved the barrier back towards the service area. 22kW wall chargers also available 24/7 and am told they are free to use. The store moves all cars behind the barrier outside of hours which means they are all available to the public.

In terms of going live in the UK:
07-Jan-20 North Greenwich (O2) - 6 of 12 live
20-Dec-19 Park Royal (8 V2 + 8 V3)
19-Dec-19 Eurocentral (12)
03-Dec-19 London Westfield expansion (+16 added to existing 8)
07-Nov-19 Heathrow Hilton T5 expansion (+8 added to exsiting 8)
29-Oct-19 Manchester South (4, 24 hr access since Jan this year)
12-Sep-19 Wokingham (16)
01-Sep-19 Oxford (+4 additional stalls commissioned although they were built quite a long time before, added to existing 12)
01-Aug-19 Folkestone expansion (+4 added to existing 4)

Supercharge.info has a pretty good database of worldwide activity
supercharge.info

Apparently, there is a new Supercharger under construction in Fort William, per PlugShare. It is supposedly located in a public car park next a Chargeplace Scotland fast charger. Does anyone have any other info regarding this Supercharger? Thanks
D32E42B5-6995-4015-8958-DE29EB7CBD5F.png

Apparently, there is a new Supercharger under construction in Fort William, per PlugShare. It is supposedly located in a public car park next a Chargeplace Scotland fast charger. Does anyone have any other info regarding this Supercharger? ThanksView attachment 512402

I don't have any news on this, but it will be amazing news if true. That'll make driving to Skye so much easier for me in a M3 LR on the route from the south of England! Not to mention other parts of Scotland, which really don't have much Supercharger coverage. The north of England into Scotland could do with much more of this if the forthcoming 'electric revolution' is really going to happen.

Apparently, there is a new Supercharger under construction in Fort William, per PlugShare. It is supposedly located in a public car park next a Chargeplace Scotland fast charger. Does anyone have any other info regarding this Supercharger? Thanks
From what I've seen, the power supply at this location has recently been upgraded and there is now a shiny metal box, next to an existing rapid charger, with a metal plate stating "TESLA EV CHARGING DISTRIBUTION BOARD". I'm sure a Supercharger will appear in due course but I haven't seen any reports of ground works or Tesla-labelled crates yet so the exact size and location is to be confirmed.

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Wokingham is under water again. About 2 feet of water judging by a picture I've just been sent. Serious planning issues with this site .....

Yep... had to divert to Green Park this morning (which was full when I got there) to get enough juice to reach Membury which I thought would be quiet (wrong!).

The Starbucks at Membury is a bit downmarket.

PS - I see lots of MS and MX at Superchargers and relatively few M3s. Is that because the number of M3s is lower (though climbing) or is it that MS and MX mostly get free charging so can't resist, whereas M3 drivers charge at home?

Reactions: poolmeds
Yep... had to divert to Green Park this morning (which was full when I got there) to get enough juice to reach Membury which I thought would be quiet (wrong!).

The Starbucks at Membury is a bit downmarket.

PS - I see lots of MS and MX at Superchargers and relatively few M3s. Is that because the number of M3s is lower (though climbing) or is it that MS and MX mostly get free charging so can't resist, whereas M3 drivers charge at home?
Interesting question. For the first buyers the 6 months of free supercharging they will have received with a referral will have run out by now.

Additional anecdotal data point to add to the conversation - I rarely see Model 3s at the UK Superchargers I've been to. I also have driven to Amsterdam and Frankfurt recently and, with the exception of Germany, I didn't see more than one 3 charging at all! Plenty of S and X though.
I guess they also have longer average dwell times at the SC’s. Bigger batteries, slower charging, lower efficiency, older average age of battery so more degradation, all mean that although numbers are fewer, they will spend proportionally more time at Superchargers. And of course free electricity...

Reactions: drewpost and ringi
Anyone aware of any plans for a North Manchester (or indeed ANY Manchester) supercharger sites?

Somewhere near Simister Island or even over towards the M61 would be good!
I put a suggestion in for the Premier Inn at J24 Denton Island, this would be good for those travelling to/from Sheffield over the Pennines, no use to me as it's only 3 miles away

Reactions: UK_Andy and ringi
Had a short business trip to Scotland prior to my big Scottish tour in April..Charged at Warwick,Charnock Richard,Chargeplace Scotland 22KW near Glasgow botanic gardens,Eurocentral Motherwell,Tebay....

Almost had car a year and that was my longest journey yet...So easy..No hassle.

The longest single leg was 230 miles non stop and although It was hammering down with rain ,windy and the car kept telling me to keep below 65 to make it home, I didn’t and made it with 10% left....

Marvellous.

F6AFAA44-11BB-4599-807C-8A3EE85147BA.jpeg