Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep Chelmsford now open showing 8 in my app, and Braintree Gridserve showing 6 - I live in Essex. Since April alone they have opened Colchester, Chelmsford and Braintree superchargers. Great stuff. Colchester always seems hardly used, each time I see the app is says 11 or 12 of 12 available. Planning to visit Braintree Gridserve tomorrow for a nose.
Braintree is superb; you'll enjoy it. Avoid Suc Bay3 though as it appears to have some modules down so can only supply 30kW - engineers have been made aware. All others working normally.

• Helpful
Reactions: cezdoc and CMc1
I wanted to know, is there a way to request to Tesla a general area/location for super chargers?

there was one about 15-20mins each way from me, but it has suddenly closed despite there being literally queues of 4+ cars
Waiting to charge in the evening as only 2 chargers and many new owners in the area.

the other ones are 40+ mins each way (when there’s no traffic!) and I NEED supercharging as I CANNOT have a home charger and there’s no other reliable charging around :(:(:mad:
I was relying on that site!!

I’ve seen a place to suggest chargers, but it seemed it was more like a form for business owners that HAVE a space to get these fitted type of thing rather than you requesting/suggesting an area you’re unrelated to.

(the area I have in mind would be a high traffic - meant as number of drivers passing through- area and there’s lots of new owners round here! - it’s in London/Essex)

thanks in advance for any tips!

Reactions: MrLauriie
  • Funny
Reactions: CMc1
Why (like Braintree) do they insist that you drive round the entire site before you can access the chargers (unless you're going to use the Tesla Superchargers)? Once charged, sure - drive round it again.

All those laps are going to add up to a lot of wasted energy over the years.
not quite sure what you mean? this is very close to a very busy roundabout, if there is any risk of queues backing up to the main road this application will be dead in the water.

I posted about this a while ago. They have just this week resubmitted with amendments to counter the many arguments against this being here. I am following it closely, but with previous plans there were big arguments against.

ps, its Uckfield

Planning set to be approved. Look at "View Documents > Group: Decision Information > Officer Report" here: https://planning.wealden.gov.uk/plandisp.aspx?recno=150249

:)Banbury Cross Superchargers are now live; 12x V3.
TOGUK members have successfully charged there tonight.
With the recent openings of Braintree, Chelmsford and Banbury the UK has overtaken[1][2][3] Norway on supercharge.info's Superchargers by Country graph.

Supercharge.info Charts

2020-12-09 vs 11-11 Superchargers by Country.png

Small print:
[1] The chart shows UK 68-68 Norway with the UK ahead by virtue of more sites under construction/in planning
[2] There are actually 69 sites open in both UK and Norway, for some reason a pair of sites in both countries is counted as one location
[3] Royal Victoria Docks is still included, so if this is permanently closed Norway would go back ahead of the UK (for now)

• Informative
Planning set to be approved. Look at "View Documents > Group: Decision Information > Officer Report" here: https://planning.wealden.gov.uk/plandisp.aspx?recno=150249
haha, sods law. this was added today and I received notification of this at 11:23. Set to be approved if all of the conditions and considerations are met, some of these affect the scale of the solar farm I believe due to being in flood risk areas. Going to considered on the 17th December by the comittee apparently.

• Helpful
haha, sods law. this was added today and I received notification of this at 11:23. Set to be approved if all of the conditions and considerations are met, some of these affect the scale of the solar farm I believe due to being in flood risk areas. Going to considered on the 17th December by the comittee apparently.
Suggests that officers were for approval and local member may have received lobbying from objecting residents.

I wanted to know, is there a way to request to Tesla a general area/location for super chargers?

Unfortunately there's not much point in your situation.

If you know of a site with an amenable landlord, easily available power and reasonable accessibility, then making the introduction can (and has, eg. Portsmouth) result in a Supercharger built quite quickly.

But if all you are saying is "we want more superchargers around here and we want them NOW", then you aren't really telling them anything they don't already know. If a busy supercharger is forced to close, they had the utilisation data and know that a replacement is needed; however, that may be easier said than done.

Tesla also rarely advertise their plans ahead of opening (having been burned in the past in various ways), so you have no way of knowing how soon (if at all) a replacement is likely to appear.

I fear you need to go looking for a non-Tesla solution to your daily charging needs.

Reactions: Blueskye

Why on earth would a flood risk area be a problem for a solar farm? Just install them a touch higher and wildlife will love it.