Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How!?

Because all the laces I see are £0.75 per kwh.. even their app shows the same... and there are instavolts at same price range in vicinity...

On the other hand the charge point charger at EVpoint near me shows 0.65 as charging price, but with Octopus Electroverse it is 0.37!!
An Elli subscription for about £13 got me 31p, other less that signed up earlier. I think they have not changed it to a percentage discount though so only stops to around 60p

Reactions: Sean.
⚡️Planning for 12 V3 superchargers found in Barnsley, just off M1 at the Old Post Office.
One junction south of Moto Woolley.

Going to name it Barnsley - Haigh for now…

IMG_3780.jpeg

Planning
1688849023612.png

Last edited:
Lots of expansion happening which is great to see! I hope to see Scotch Corner and Mansfield expanded! Also do we know when the other 4 tombstones at Newark will be switched on?
Keep going SuC team!
There are 20 EV chargers going in at the new designer village being built near Scotch corner. Just no incline to who the operator is. The same external consultants that are linked to other SuC sites, can be seen in the docs - but it’s not enough to go on..

And there is the Moto site over the roundabout (who we know is currently on good terms with Tesla SuC team)…

So overall I believe we could see some expansion happening at some point at Scotch Corner

⚡️ Another expansion, this time Trentham

Feels like this is a prime candidate for opening up to non-Tesla. It’s a much nicer stop off than the services and just a few mins from the motorway.

The numbers of non-tesla cars who try (and fail) to charge here is significant.

That said, the bays are also regularly ICED and used by EVs not attempting to charge because they are right next to the shops… not helpful…

Reactions: browellm
Lots of expansion happening which is great to see! I hope to see Scotch Corner and Mansfield expanded! Also do we know when the other 4 tombstones at Newark will be switched on?
Keep going SuC team!
Re: Newark, the Tesla Nav/app initially indicated 10 stalls available but am I right in thinking 4 stalls were covered soon afterwards/from the start?

The Nav says "1A, 1B, 1C, 1D out of order" suggesting they are pretty much commissioned unlike, say, Thetford where an additional 8 stalls were built over a year ago but aren't yet mentioned (even as "out of order") on the Nav.

Historically there have been other sites where not all stalls have gone live from day one, for example four V2 stalls at Oxford services took 10 months to go live after an initial expansion; on the other hand four of the V3 Wyboston stalls went live only one month after the initial 6 were available. I guess the delay time depends on the specific issues at each site.

Feels like this is a prime candidate for opening up to non-Tesla. It’s a much nicer stop off than the services and just a few mins from the motorway.

The numbers of non-tesla cars who try (and fail) to charge here is significant.

That said, the bays are also regularly ICED and used by EVs not attempting to charge because they are right next to the shops… not helpful…
I am not sure, non Tesla's would like to use them or try to use them are the criteria they use to decide on opening up to other cars . I assume it is more like either
a)low utilisation
or
b)they had to do a deal to get permission to install them in the first place.
or
c) its a new site so no one can complain they have worse access than they had before since a shared site is better than no site.

Expansion usually equals existing excess demand and opening up could make matters worse ( for Tesla owners) even if there are more stalls, something they have generally managed to avoid so far. We have not had the floods of complaints of people blocked by an ID3 taking up two stalls etc that everyone was worried about so they seem to be walking that tightrope pretty well so far I think

I am not sure, non Tesla's would like to use them or try to use them are the criteria they use to decide on opening up to other cars . I assume it is more like either
a)low utilisation
or
or
c) its a new site so no one can complain they have worse access than they had before since a shared site is better than no site.

Expansion usually equals existing excess demand and opening up could make matters worse ( for Tesla owners) even if there are more stalls, something they have generally managed to avoid so far. We have not had the floods of complaints of people blocked by an ID3 taking up two stalls etc that everyone was worried about so they seem to be walking that tightrope pretty well so far I think

... though I'm surprised that the new stall design has been so slow to be rolled out (V4). The longer cable solves the charging issues for cars with sockets in the "wrong" place.

a)low utilisation
or
or

The number of non-Tesla EVs stall blocking at Trentham is more a statement of fact, rather than being cited as a driver of the expansion. Unless Tesla reps are going around doing time and motion studies at Trentham.

The number of non-Tesla EVs stall blocking at Trentham is more a statement of fact, rather than being cited as a driver of the expansion. Unless Tesla reps are going around doing time and motion studies at Trentham.

This.

It’s more the case that I’m expecting every tesla site that isn’t shared with another operator (E.g. an MSA or Oxford) or is at one of their own service centres to be opened up in the near future. There is clear precedent for this already with the sites they have opened up and adding extra capacity is a convenient excuse to open up at a site where there is clearly lots of demand from non-Tesla’s.

The argument against them opening it up is that Keele services is a welcome break MSA so they’ll not be getting any love there and they need more capacity on the M6.

They are here to make money at the end of the day.

There are 20 EV chargers going in at the new designer village being built near Scotch corner. Just no incline to who the operator is. The same external consultants that are linked to other SuC sites, can be seen in the docs - but it’s not enough to go on..

And there is the Moto site over the roundabout (who we know is currently on good terms with Tesla SuC team)…

So overall I believe we could see some expansion happening at some point at Scotch Corner
I saw on another forum a link to a new electric powered digger and a power bank with solar charging to keep it going without mains power digging up Scotch Corner for Gridserve. Not sure what’s happening though as that video was done a while ago.

Electric digger @ Scotch Corner

Reactions: LukeUK
Interested to see what this all means for the supercharging network, especially the contactless payment requirement

About time too, there's far too many different app's required to cover ourselves currently. If/when it's all consolidated life should be a hell of a lot easier.

The systems and infrastructure are evolving and imo for the better 👍