Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The eight new stalls at Elvedon were still shrouded yesterday, it must be approaching a year since they were completed.

I felt sorry for an older couple who arrived in an iPace, tried parking at an angle across the entrance to use the only free stall (wrong side) then sat watching for a further 30 minutes as individual stalls became free but never two adjacent that they needed. They eventually gave up.

I’d say options have been significantly limited of late… ;)

(Wouldn’t surprise me if they jacked up prices on the other parks to even more insane levels to “fund the repairs”)
Hi all, these new chargers are located at Gypsy Lane Retail Park, next to McDonalds. Very close to Luton Airport Parkway Station and easily accessible from M1 Jct 10.

IMG_9828.jpeg

Looks like Abington is back alive again, reduced down to 6 stalls, still noted at 130kw speeds. Unsure if V3’s installed or just kept the V2’s.

I used Hopton services on M42 today and there are a large amount of oval tombstones bases going in next to the old V2’s. I assume this is similar preservation as Gretna Green being expanded as well?
Fingers crossed Woodhall services next in line of Welcome break sites in for an upgrade!

Any news on the new site at Fraddon/Penhale yet?
Seems like it is taking forever, considering the cabs were on site back in mid-August and with Lifton out of action may have to reconsider popping to see family this year over Christmas - Exeter is a little far out to be comfortable on a charge for a long weekend.

Reactions: qwickshot
Any news on the new site at Fraddon/Penhale yet?
Seems like it is taking forever, considering the cabs were on site back in mid-August and with Lifton out of action may have to reconsider popping to see family this year over Christmas - Exeter is a little far out to be comfortable on a charge for a long weekend.
No doubt DNO / power supply issue.

Thetford/Elveden is in a similar boat waiting ages for power supply issue to be sorted, whereas Newmarket has just gone live and looks like Ipswich may have DNO energising the HV side this Wednesday.

All are under the remit of our glorious local DNO, UK Power Networks.