Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Future Tesla Solihull Service Centre Blyth Valley J4 M42.
Work has not started on the Superchargers.

View attachment 961089View attachment 961090
Work underway now.
IMG_2649.jpeg

Went through Birch westbound today…
The grid serve chargers (next to the built and still wrapped superchargers) are now powered/lit up but still fenced off.
It may be that all that needs to happen here is to unwrap them and turn them on!

Birch Eastbound all wrapped up too, but the gridserve chargers are still being built here.

I’d guess this side of Christmas we’re at least going to get one side turned on 🤞🏻

Reactions: ACarneiro
South Mimms 18 V3 via Stu (they still on this forum?)
great news. interesting that the new stalls are separated from the existing superchargers, looks like news stalls will be in parking spaces close to the entrance doors of the services. Would be nice if existing stalls could be updated from V2, perhaps once new stalls are operational.

Not supercharger related, but noteworthy as it will help alleviate congestion at South Mimms - the BP at the services also has a planning permit submitted for 32 chargers at their petrol station site at the exit of these services.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Interesting, who owns and operates the filling station? Most branded filling stations are operated under franchise arrangements.

I’d have thought it was operated by Apple Green already given they own the services and that’s also their core business.

It just seems like an odd placement for Apple Green chargers given they’d want people to go to the main building and spend their money. That ales me back to my original Q, which network will get these?

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
great news. interesting that the new stalls are separated from the existing superchargers, looks like news stalls will be in parking spaces close to the entrance doors of the services. Would be nice if existing stalls could be updated from V2, perhaps once new stalls are operational.

Not supercharger related, but noteworthy as it will help alleviate congestion at South Mimms - the BP at the services also has a planning permit submitted for 32 chargers at their petrol station site at the exit of these services.

If nothing else, BP Pulse chargers will help Superchargers at peak times, add some redundancy for Teslas in case of failure. Hopefully grid connections are completely different to the Superchargers and perhaps Tesla may be keeping the two Supercharger sites separate due to concerns over grid connection reliability or even available peak power.

BP Pulse - I wonder if they might substitute with Tesla V4 as BP Pulse are doing in USA? As of now, charger plans submitted on 16 Nov 2023 are:-

Alpitronic HYC 300 chargers. https://www6.hertsmere.gov.uk/onlin.../23_1625_FUL-EV_EQUIPMENT_DETAILS-1609366.pdf

1. 47-87000 euros each
  2. Capable of
    1. servicing 2 cars each
    2. 22kW AC
    3. 75-300 kW DC
    4. Chademo
  3. "future proof" to 1000 volts
  4. 15” Display, 4 buttons for control

1702290064069.png

Would be nice if existing stalls could be updated from V2, perhaps once new stalls are operational.

Has that happened anywhere? (Sorry, not something I've been keeping up with ... just seems there are still a lot of V2 scattered about).

last time I was at the Hilton (IIRC) near Heathrow there were V2 and V3 stalls ... place was pretty full, but there were some spaces on both, and I imagine all the V2 would be slower / paired etc. and probably unaware that "parking over there" would improve their lot.

Has that happened anywhere? (Sorry, not something I've been keeping up with ... just seems there are still a lot of V2 scattered about).

last time I was at the Hilton (IIRC) near Heathrow there were V2 and V3 stalls ... place was pretty full, but there were some spaces on both, and I imagine all the V2 would be slower / paired etc. and probably unaware that "parking over there" would improve their lot.
historically no but it looks like Liftons V2's are being replaced with V4 as part of an expansion in progress now so you never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Interesting, who owns and operates the filling station? Most branded filling stations are operated under franchise arrangements.

I’d have thought it was operated by Apple Green already given they own the services and that’s also their core business.

It just seems like an odd placement for Apple Green chargers given they’d want people to go to the main building and spend their money. That ales me back to my original Q, which network will get these?

The plans show they are planning to build a new 450m2 ‘sales building’ at the chargers

Heathrow T2 sucks now that all the taxi drivers have discovered it. 9 spaces showing available this afternoon, in reality zero with a long queue leading out of the car park.

All blocked by Mercedes Vitos taking two spaces and charging at 50kW. Opening sites to all vehicles without putting in longer cables is an exercise in pissing off existing customers, although to be fair that’s hardly a new experience for Tesla.

Heathrow T2 sucks now that all the taxi drivers have discovered it. 9 spaces showing available this afternoon, in reality zero with a long queue leading out of the car park.

All blocked by Mercedes Vitos taking two spaces and charging at 50kW. Opening sites to all vehicles without putting in longer cables is an exercise in pissing off existing customers, although to be fair that’s hardly a new experience for Tesla.
I thought this when they announced opening up SuC Network to other brands. The Chargers are offset for a Tesla to reverse in and the charger be nearest the charge port. For it to be effective to allow other brands to use it the charger needs to be moved central to the bay and/or the provided cable needs to be longer.

Reactions: ringi and wow400
I thought this when they announced opening up SuC Network to other brands. The Chargers are offset for a Tesla to reverse in and the charger be nearest the charge port. For it to be effective to allow other brands to use it the charger needs to be moved central to the bay and/or the provided cable needs to be longer.
Agreed but not really news.
Issues over the opening up of the network are widely discussed here: