Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of weeks ago there were some photos of Tesla equipment (looked like two charger cabinets and foundations for 8 stalls) at the Gloucester Southbound services as well - no groundworks visible but an area of the car park was fenced off which I reckon is at approx (51.818800, -2.224400). I don't think they've been publicly shared / tweeted though.
Thanks I added it to supercharge.info

Reactions: cezdoc
Gloucester Services. Both Northbound and Southbound, 8 stalls each. The cables are in the ground, cabinets onsite. v4 tombstones are on site.

(51.8199824, -2.2273788)
And
(51.8188365, -2.2243365)

This would have been useful for me when I stopped there for a break on Tuesday having got pretty low coming from Edinburgh having last stopped at Tebay. I had charged to 100% there - I wasn't blocking anyone - and then discovered the M6 was closed (for over 18 hours in the end) north of Stafford and diverted through Shropshire having disabled all charge stops to avoid being dragged into the chaos. I arrived at the Bristol Supercharger with 2% battery. Without that 100% charge I'd have had more trouble, that was luck (I was doing my Duolingo chores).

Reactions: Buckminster
Just a heads up that the service road at Tebay connecting the north to southbound areas will be closed on Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th March from 6pm to 6am so no short cut access to the superchargers from the northbound M6. Folk heading north needing a charge at Tebay will have to follow the Tesla navigation routing (ie come off at the previous junction and go through Orton)

it looks like that is open. People have chartered since then (a month ago) it must have been very temporary..
Thanks - there was a problem where cars were being routed there even though it was closed because it was mistakenly set to "reduced service" instead of "temporarily closed". Last I heard it was still closed at the end of February, but maybe it has indeed quietly reopened again.

Screenshot_20240314_134539_Tesla.jpg

Reactions: cezdoc
Just seen that Abington services in Scotland have had construction works started by the same company that installs Tesla chargers! Looks like they were waiting for Gretna to finish groundwork before adding more units here!
Link to Tweet below with photo for reference.

No confirmation of number or type of stalls yet, other Welcome Break site expansions have added V3 stalls and kept them Tesla only. At Gretna the V2's have been replaced with V3's but at Birchanger Green the V2's were retained with the new V3's being added in a different part of the service area. As a rough guide I've seen a couple of estimates of space for about 10 new stalls at Abington.

• Informative
Reactions: Overworked
Glocester Southbound this afternoon - I know the V4 cables are longer but surely it would have made sense to space them out a little bit more?

Glos South.jpg

Gloucester Northbound looks further ahead:
PXL_20240314_155221078.jpg
PXL_20240314_155209451.jpg
PXL_20240314_155148555.jpg

I also stopped at Michaelwood North (I actually needed a charge). I spoke to one of the guys in the team installing 8x2 car Applegreen chargers. The company he works for does a lot of installs for Applegreen and Tesla - one of the biggest installers he said. He "thinks" that they will also be adding more Tesla V4 chargers there in the main services car park.

Thanks - there was a problem where cars were being routed there even though it was closed because it was mistakenly set to "reduced service" instead of "temporarily closed". Last I heard it was still closed at the end of February, but maybe it has indeed quietly reopened again.

I fear you may be right - looking at the app over the past few hours, it's always saying "0 of 16 available" for Thurrock, but without the "busy site" or "xxx minutes wait time" shown against others where all the stalls are genuinely in use.

Thetford (which is also known to be closed for upgrading) similarly shows as 0/8 available, although in that case all the stalls are individually listed as being out of order.