Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tamworth update - a big hole has been dug, then seemingly left there for a while. Fences are blown over, plants are growing back, so there's clearly nothing happening here at the minute.
PXL_20240318_142608564.jpg

Is Hopwood Park finished now??
As far as I know everything was completed last Friday: the existing 16 V2 stalls remain, with an additional 20 V3 alongside.
See post #7,175, Tesla's map (and app), and wikipost #1 at the start of this thread.

As an aside I'm hoping the same thing happens at Gretna soon. It would be great to have some extra supercharger capacity on the M74 / top of the M6 in time for Easter.

As far as I know everything was completed last Friday: the existing 16 V2 stalls remain, with an additional 20 V3 alongside.
See post #7,175, Tesla's map (and app), and wikipost #1 at the start of this thread.

As an aside I'm hoping the same thing happens at Gretna soon. It would be great to have some extra supercharger capacity on the M74 / top of the M6 in time for Easter.
Agree we need more towards the top of the m6 as there just isn't any. Will be doing more trips over the summer from Cumbria and will have need for more options.

Apparently, according to the Tesla Owners UK president, Gretna has sadly hit some problems: "Equipment was stuck, unable to work."

The Scottish expansion is happening at a snail pace compared to down South.

Not a single one is quick to access from the M4 or M5, as far as I can see. I wonder if they're aiming more at people with no off-street parking rather than people on a trip.
? I don't get this.
There are SC's all over on the motorways in and around Bristol. Pick any direction say the journey was Birmingham to Exeter there are directly off the M5, 2 in Bristol itself and one coming soon.
1710949969355.png

Or London to Cardiff (M4) there are chargers the other sides of Bristol (unclear why you would want to go into a larger city to charge on a journey where possible) It is unclear where in Bristol is a suitable location just off the M4.

In fact the Eastgate one seems they only one planned more for local residences being based central and not on the outskirts just off the motorways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter34
? I don't get this.
There are SC's all over on the motorways in and around Bristol. Pick any direction say the journey was Birmingham to Exeter there are directly off the M5, 2 in Bristol itself and one coming soon.

Or London to Cardiff (M4) there are chargers the other sides of Bristol (unclear why you would want to go into a larger city to charge on a journey where possible) It is unclear where in Bristol is a suitable location just off the M4.

In fact the Eastgate one seems they only one planned more for local residences being based central and not on the outskirts just off the motorways.

Indeed, I suspect it's aimed at local residents without driveways, but there's also a high volume of cars going to Ikea etc, so Tesla and the Eastgate retail park might be targeting those drivers.

Not a single one is quick to access from the M4 or M5, as far as I can see. I wonder if they're aiming more at people with no off-street parking rather than people on a trip.
I assume so! I am one of those people who live in Bristol no off road parking, near Eastgate, I needed to charge today and was going to drive up to Cribbs when Eastgate popped up as an option. Didn't even know they were going in, so it's just made my charging a whole lot easier!

Reactions: Simavon