Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the update and for persevering!
A credit form suggests that it will be a refund of sorts rather than an immediate reduction that can be applied to financing. I'm not in meetings all day tomorrow so I'll give them a call just to make sure I'm on the list for one of those forms. If I'm right in estimating the reduction would save about £70 a month over 35 months in finance, the £2,860 'refund' more than makes up the 35 months of 'additional cost' (£2,450).
No problem. Yeah definitely ring tomorrow but be prepared to leave the phone on speaker for an hour.

I'd say everyone should call because I got the impression that unless you actually spoke to them directly they'd be quite happy to just take your extra cash.

I can't see a VIN yet either unless I look at the web code by doing the whole CTRL U and find 5YJ then it shows my VIN, well I assume it's correct as it shows up a Tesla model 3 when I put it into a decoder.
I’ve no VIN yet either, I did get the credit note after Tesla rang me. I have a feeling it’s something to do with the Finance being approved but don’t hold me to it!

I just got a text from Norway asking me to login to my account to confirm my delivery location, registration details, etc. Of course I'd already done this ages ago when I placed the order and there's nowhere for me to reconfirm or update the info on the Tesla site. Grr...

I just got a text from Norway asking me to login to my account to confirm my delivery location, registration details, etc. Of course I'd already done this ages ago when I placed the order and there's nowhere for me to reconfirm or update the info on the Tesla site. Grr...

Strange, I just got the same text, but from a Spanish number :-|

I want to do PCP, but I don't want to complete all the details just yet, in case in can't change them :-(. I spoke to a rep last week, who said that waiting for PCP will only delay my delivery if its not available by the time they actually assign me a delivery date.. but no idea when that will be.. Does this text mean that delivery is getting closer?

I’ve no VIN yet either, I did get the credit note after Tesla rang me. I have a feeling it’s something to do with the Finance being approved but don’t hold me to it!

Well when I spoke to sales earlier today they mentioned that my finance still hasn't been added. I'm sorting it out in the next few weeks. But I can see a VIN number in the code so I guess it's not the finance that's holding up VINS.

In regards to existing orders, they say they're going to honour the new pricing for these customers and will send out some sort of credit form that we need to fill out to get our deduction. He was vague on this but did assure me that we will be getting the new pricing.

This is power for the course, based on Tesla History. Right muddle, but ultimately sorted out in favour of Punters who were "overcharged".

History is no guarantee for future-behaviour of course, so probably worth phoning or getting something in writing and, yes, if it is a Credit instead of Price Adjustment (before Invoice) then the original Sale Price Invoice will hold for all sorts of things - Luxury Car Tax perhaps?

I bet the S and X owners are not looking forward to having to share the superchargers with their poor relations

Well .. those Poor Relations will be charging down the end where the Twin Hoses are, and the "Priority for Model 3" stickers ... where all the model-S and Model-X park first to "EV those charging stalls" :p

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/model3/design

No PCP option

SR+ £38,900
LR £47,900
Perf £56,900

Prices inc VAT and after Plug-in-grant deducted.

Delivery in June

Placed an order on 1 May (a reservation holder) and whilst delivery in June was the estimated delivery, yesterday I was called by Tesla and told it should be 2nd week of July. When Tesla called, they could not confirm a delivery date, just they hoped it would be 2nd week of July. They did go over the options, such as trade in and finance and that all the items asked for were correctly filled in. Today I get a text from Tesla asking me to log into my account and complete the information. yet in my account, there is nothing to update.

So whilst looking forward to getting the car, somewhat concerned about the communication from Tesla and get the feeling that it is pretty pointless having too much expectation about when I will actually get the car.

Also worrying that the build quality is so poor that I have seen checklists published to help identify all the common faults, just glad there are so many positive posts on social media about once you get the car.

Hi all, I'm an eternal optimist who ignores bad news even when it's slapping me in the face. Therefore I'm confident that my SR+ in MGM with 19" wheels and black interior (no FSD, I'm not that daft) that I ordered on the 23rd of May, with no prior reservation, will DEFINATELY arrive in June, like the webpage said it would.

I will still beleive this in the third week of July, so don't bother trying to make me see sense.

I'm not a Tesla fanboy yet, but likely will be not long after it does eventually arrive.

• Funny
Reactions: Gareth Davies
Got a text and thought it was because I hadn't completed details, turns out everyone seems to have received them regardless!

Currently in two minds - electrician says charger at my allocated space at my flat may actually be quite doable, however now depends on Factors as to whether they'd allow it. If I can get that then may not need the LR range and could just go for SR+ instead...

Got a text too

To move forward with your Model 3 delivery preparation, please log in to your Tesla Account Tesla SSO – Login and provide the applicable information: Delivery Location, Trade-In Option, Payment Method and Registration. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

I already provided all the info so I think this must be some sort of general broadcast.

Ok so after waiting for an hour they finally picked up.

In regards to existing orders, they say they're going to honour the new pricing for these customers and will send out some sort of credit form that we need to fill out to get our deduction. He was vague on this but did assure me that we will be getting the new pricing.

I also asked that if a customer did want to take advantage of some of the new options available on the website, for example going for 18 inch wheels and none of the performance trim, would there be a delay. He said yes they would have to re-process that order. He couldn't give me any time scale on this but I'd imagine it would be a good few weeks.

He said there wouldn't be a delay if you were just needed the new pricing and had no changes to the actual order. He's ringing me back tomorrow to confirm a few other things but that's all I have so far.

Sounds fair enough. I think I'll just cancel and start again as I do want to drop to 18" wheels. I've sent them an email requesting the cancellation as I can't be waiting an hour for them to pick up the phone! In the meantime they are still chasing me via SMS to fill in my registration details and finance - which currently links to a blank Blackhorse page in my account so I can't complete that detail anyway. Piss poor effort after reserving last year and ordering on day 1.

Sounds fair enough. I think I'll just cancel and start again as I do want to drop to 18" wheels. I've sent them an email requesting the cancellation as I can't be waiting an hour for them to pick up the phone! In the meantime they are still chasing me via SMS to fill in my registration details and finance - which currently links to a blank Blackhorse page in my account so I can't complete that detail anyway. Piss poor effort after reserving last year and ordering on day 1.
Yeah don't blame you mate. I was tempted to do that too but feel like I've got this far, I might as well see it through and I do like the looks of the 20 inch wheels even if they're not meant to be great on English roads.