Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello M3P “Owners to Be” and anyone else with an interest, or who would like to participate in the conversation:

It would be great to start a thread, sharing experiences and delivery dates / communications regards deliveries into GB for the new Model 3 Performance vehicle.

I think there is plenty to discuss and share regards the Performance M3 in particular, which sits outside of the other forums which are more generic including SR+ and LR... plus discussions on other Tesla Models.

I would invite any conversations on any of the items below, plus of course anything else connected to the new 2021 M3P - due in May or beyond:

- Delivery dates, currently May 2021 - anyone had any more updates, or more accurate information ?
- Suspect that the latest version is Made in China (MIC), anyone had this 100% confirmed? I note the design has changed to the MIC spec... so MIC seems very likely?
- Any spec differences between current US build and MIC? I note the difference style in door accents, and potential heated steering wheel. Any other changes?
- Batteries for MIC vs US?
- Is everyone happy with the switch?
- Anyone care to share MIC MP3 YouTube clips from those that have taken new deliveries in China, or reviews? Possibly with English translation I haven’t seen many.

I am sure there will be loads more to discuss and to contribute, but hopefully the above will be enough to get the conversations started.

TIA

Afaik in Europe only SR+ will be MiC.

Yep there seems to be a lack of clarity on the Performance manufacturing location.

But the images suggest that the Performance spec has changed as well to current MIC design, and then there is the 4 or 5 month delay to delivery dates.

The US made models have not changed spec.

My thoughts are that all the above does suggest the Performance will also be MIC for RHD countries including UK&I... but it would be nice to get a definite confirmation.

If anyone’s after a 2021 Model 3 Performance (Red/White) one has just popped up on GB inventory. It is an ex-Demo vehicle with 411 miles, from Southampton SC. First 2021 M3P that I have seen in inventory. VIN indicates this was made in the US.

Attachments

• 841CCCF2-1598-4484-9304-FDE3FE16E396.jpeg
    841CCCF2-1598-4484-9304-FDE3FE16E396.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 612
Order mid-Dec, was immediately matched but wasn't in a position to take the car until my existing lease ended. I called and they unmatched me and put a hold on the order.

After seeing the delivery estimates change to May I called again and Tesla confirmed that my order was showing as available to match again but there would be no delivery until May. No indication of manufacturing location although I didn't ask.

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Decided to contact Tesla via online chat to see if I could get any further Information regarding M3P delivery plans.

To summarise, they did not know whether M3P deliveries would come from China or US.

They were, however, able to confirm that there will be no M3P deliveries at all in GB during Q1 this year. That is the first time I have had that confirmed (was earlier suggestions that some earlier orders may have been satisfied)

Decided to contact Tesla via online chat to see if I could get any further Information regarding M3P delivery plans.

To summarise, they did not know whether M3P deliveries would come from China or US.

They were, however, able to confirm that there will be no M3P deliveries at all in GB during Q1 this year. That is the first time I have had that confirmed (was earlier suggestions that some earlier orders may have been satisfied)

That is interesting to hear, thank you for sharing. If you do find out anything else please feel free to share. And likewise, I might have a further update in the next few days that I can share.. I am really interested in confirming whether the P will come from China - which I am hoping that it is !

My experience so far:

- 15th Dec 2020 placed an order for a M3P. :D
- 19th Dec 2020 order confirmed & RN received :)
- 5th Jan 2021 opted to finance on Business lease through Tesla finance (ALD Automotive) :)
- 28th Jan 2021 signed lease agreement o_O
- 1st Feb 2021 All trace of order disappeared from my Tesla account!! :confused:
- Spec White / White :cool:

I'm assuming that the order has now been picked up by ALD, hence the reason for it vanishing from my account (I've mailed Tesla to ask) - bit miffed coz now I have zero visibility :(

My experience so far:

- 15th Dec 2020 placed an order for a M3P. :D
- 19th Dec 2020 order confirmed & RN received :)
- 5th Jan 2021 opted to finance on Business lease through Tesla finance (ALD Automotive) :)
- 28th Jan 2021 signed lease agreement o_O
- 1st Feb 2021 All trace of order disappeared from my Tesla account!! :confused:
- Spec White / White :cool:

I'm assuming that the order has now been picked up by ALD, hence the reason for it vanishing from my account (I've mailed Tesla to ask) - bit miffed coz now I have zero visibility :(

It is a nightmare losing visibility like that, although I am not sure that having visibility in your Tesla account helps too much, other than ensuring you get updates direct rather than through the finance company.

Fingers crossed that you get your order back into your Tesla account.

Keep us all updated, I am sure there are others watching that would like to know the outcome.

Reactions: Jez_GB
Tesla have just confirmed....

The original order is cancelled (the £100 will be refunded) and a new RN has been raised to ALD finance. I will have no visibility of the order in my account and will need to contact ALD for updates. o_O

I hope that will not be a problem and that they will be forthcoming with information. Not sure what happens on delivery (collect or direct) and how the car is registered in the app, etc - I'll keep you all updated.....

This is going to be a depressing Thread to follow....

Surprised there is any suggestion May’s model 3P could come from the US.

Not sure depressing is the right word... guess it depends whether you are a ‘glass half full’ kinda person or not

Strange comment about manufacture location; why do you say that?

SR+, LR & Performance models have all updated their spec to MIC design on GB site. US and other LHD countries retain the earlier 2021 (refresh) spec. We know that SR+ and LR models arriving into GB from this month are now MIC. Given the fact that the next RHD Performance models are not due until May... do you not think that there is a strong chance the Performance will be MIC model? Other RHD countries (Singapore and Australia etc) have all updated their design to MIC design and have similar delays on the Performance model. Prior to Christmas the Performance model was only taking 2 months from order to delivery for the majority of people. Sounds like Shanghai is gearing up to produce RHD Performance M3s... I think?

My point was that everything points to M3P coming from Chine not the Us. MP3_W8 said that the Tesla rep said they didn’t know if it was coming from the Us or China.

I bloody bought a carbon dash and now the MIC version has the wood coming around to the doors! ‍♂️

• Informative
My point was that everything points to M3P coming from Chine not the Us. MP3_W8 said that the Tesla rep said they didn’t know if it was coming from the Us or China.

I bloody bought a carbon dash and now the MIC version has the wood coming around to the doors! ‍♂️

Sorry, I completely missed your point - I should read things more carefully ! Apologies.

Oh no nightmare about the carbon dash, the two tone effect won’t be a good look ! Although no doubt they will come out with carbon fibre door accent pretty soon, so I would hang on to your order.

Hi All, does anyone know the reason why they have delayed the M3P?

I ordered mid December and it was saying mid Feb, this then changed to March and in Early January this change to May.

just wondering if anyone heard any rumours.

8112719E-A243-4FBD-9BEE-77B8EA54B51A.jpeg
UK model 3 production has shifted to China rather than the US.

Either China isn't set up for Performance models yet (lack of the right parts in China maybe?)
-or-
Performance will still come from the US but only in limited production slots

I think it is for the reasons that you set out in your first point, i.e. the switch to MIC.

US website still shows “old” design, whereas the GB RHD models now show the new spec that is only produce in China currently. Along with other RHD countries; Singapore, Australia et al. all Performance models have been delayed, while spec has changed to MIC design.

It would be great to hear from anyone that has had this confirmed directly from Tesla though! I am curious to know whether this will change the wheels from 20” Uberturbine to the 19” Zero-G Wheels that China use for performance models ?? They look amazing !

I am curious to know whether this will change the wheels from 20” Uberturbine to the 19” Zero-G Wheels that China use for performance models ?? They look amazing !

I'm not sure if I prefer them to the 20" Uberturbine, woudl really like to see them in the flesh.... don't suppose we will get a choice tbh, the cars will ship with whatever is deemed standard. I would expect a small price reduction if shipped with the 19's, but what you expect and what you get are often very different, especially when Tesla are involved :oops:

I'm not sure if I prefer them to the 20" Uberturbine, woudl really like to see them in the flesh.... don't suppose we will get a choice tbh, the cars will ship with whatever is deemed standard. I would expect a small price reduction if shipped with the 19's, but what you expect and what you get are often very different, especially when Tesla are involved :oops:

Agreed, definitely hard to tell, but from the photos I think they look good.

It is really difficult sometimes to understand why Tesla cannot just give you a spec for the vehicle you order, and when something significant changes, like changing manufacturing location, then they simply update customers with the new spec.. therefore allowing them to decide whether to go-ahead with the order or cancel. This is surely an easy process ??

Status
Not open for further replies.