Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All i know on the battery front is the one i test drove definitely did not have the issue of reducing performance, it was identical at mid 30’s SoC to the 70% i picked it up at and it was in January in Aberdeen no not exactly warm!

If they had delivered M3P from China already and we were just waiting on the next batch I wouldnt have a second thought about delivery but as its the first batch and all the talk about possibly coming from Fremont or maybe not coming this quarter at all has got me more than a little concerned.

Reactions: simonmj66
You're not the only one, but it feels like there is a lot of opinion and conjecture flying around the facts which isn't helping.

Clearly there is an issue to be resolved at low SoC and temperature and Tesla themselves have acknowledged this. But its worth noting that 2021 M3P's had been on sale for 3 cold months before Bjorn posted his video in Jan '21. I don't think I have seen any discussions on this subject that started before that (although I suspect someone will now point me to some!)

I've clicked the links through to the various forums/threads on this subject and whilst it the Bjorn videos and associated data has generated a lot of discussion, I don't see much complaining from those with 2021 M3P's. (although I suspect someone will now point me to some!)

The OP in the recent thread clearly had a far more serious issue than than that reported by Bjorn and others.

As @2021_M3P has said above, there are just too many unknowns at the moment ....I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found that in Q2 the LR's have a new problem and the P issue is fixed! Keep the faith! :)
Yeah I'm not really fussed by it all. Latest video from Bjorn was that the SR+ version he tested had a very different battery temp trend to the previous LR and P models, so he thinks software fixes may have done something, so has said he's going to retest. If they haven't fixed it yet, I'm sure they will over time. The first 2 years of the original P the performance increased quite a bit, now we got a new one with different batteries to tweak!!

That said, day to day driving, the performance model is going to be a beast!! Its unlikely to drop below 50% - 60% on usual driving, so unlikely to notice any real performance drop, and long range driving you'll not want to be blasting about the place anyway, because you won't get far! So I'm happy to take it with performance issues at the very low end. Like you said, this guy posting seems to have FAR worse issues that we've seen from Bjorns testing, and there are plenty of videos to show just how stupid fast this car is. But beyond that, the ride and handling is way better in the performance over the other models, and we shouldn't forget that. Its not the same car. The increased price has a lot of extras on suspension, breaks and software tweaks that make this a far more responsive engaging drive than the lower models. I'm sure there will be something to come out of the models we get, they are essentially first run after all, but I don't think we'll even have the same battery back as previous P models. Who knows. I'm still looking forward to it!!! :)

Hi Folks. I just got off the phone with a very helpful sales rep from Tesla Dublin. We discussed three things:

Delivery date: he said the vessel carrying M3P will arrive early to mid June with a delivery date of late June but within Q2. The delivery team will start sending out delivery dates in 2 to 3 weeks time.

Performance issues: he has seen the Bjorn and car WoW videos. He believes that the ones coming will have this issues rectified. They have not experienced this issue with any 2021 refresh models they sold here in Ireland in November /Dec and it was cold here this winter.

M3P vs LR with AB: Even though they have many LRs in stock he advised me to stick with the P. He said it's "mind blowing" and not to take an LR if performance is important to me. He said its a far better car and can over take LR no issues even at higher speeds. He has done several tests with other sales reps on highways.

Hope this helps! I'm gonna hold firm and wait for the M3P!

Hi Folks. I just got off the phone with a very helpful sales rep from Tesla Dublin. We discussed three things:

Delivery date: he said the vessel carrying M3P will arrive early to mid June with a delivery date of late June but within Q2. The delivery team will start sending out delivery dates in 2 to 3 weeks time.

Performance issues: he has seen the Bjorn and car WoW videos. He believes that the ones coming will have this issues rectified. They have not experienced this issue with any 2021 refresh models they sold here in Ireland in November /Dec and it was cold here this winter.

M3P vs LR with AB: Even though they have many LRs in stock he advised me to stick with the P. He said it's "mind blowing" and not to take an LR if performance is important to me. He said its a far better car and can over take LR no issues even at higher speeds. He has done several tests with other sales reps on highways.

Thanks, that's what my sales guy said to me also regarding timeframes, and I have no doubt that's the case with the performance issues. I'm not worried about that. For me the LR is not an option. Not just the drop in performance, but the handling, engagement and ride is far worse. I'll stick with the P even if it takes all year. Frankly if I couldn't get a P, I'd go get a taycan turbo or an etron GT RS. The LR is not what I'm after. As much as I love the tesla way of doing things (in design, not delivery) its the ride and performance I loved most about the car, something you just don't get with the LR model. That said, everyone is struggling to get cars out. My Audi Etron Vorsprung will not be in my hands until September!! (But I'm far less excited about that car anyway!)

• Informative
Reactions: 2021_M3P and Jez_GB

I am going to stick with the P as my kids and husband will dis own me!! even though I have waited since October what another month or two ;)

Deffo keeping the faith and sticking with the P - otherwise what will I do with this? (Apart from the obvious - I thank you!)

badge.jpg

Live chat with Tesla today confirming much the same - that vessels with M3P will be arriving early/mid June for delivery the same month. I was assured they will be with us by the end of June which ties in with other’s responses. I’ve also been looking at swapping to the LR but I know I’d regret it long term.

1st May Saturday so after the weekend it’s effectively only one more month to wait and hopefully only a couple of weeks until we start receiving texts. Glass half full and all that!

Just got this from Tesla Delivery team

---------------
Hi Mehul,

Thank you for your email.

The vessel with the newest batch of Model 3 Performances will be leaving Shanghai soon and is scheduled to arrive to the UK in early June. A more precise estimate for your delivery would be mid-late June.

You can expect us to update you via SMS once a vehicle gets allocated to your order, and once more when it lands in the UK to arrange your pick-up appointment.

Kind regards,

Davide | UK Sales & Delivery

Just got this from Tesla Delivery team

---------------
Hi Mehul,

Thank you for your email.

The vessel with the newest batch of Model 3 Performances will be leaving Shanghai soon and is scheduled to arrive to the UK in early June. A more precise estimate for your delivery would be mid-late June.

You can expect us to update you via SMS once a vehicle gets allocated to your order, and once more when it lands in the UK to arrange your pick-up appointment.

Kind regards,

Davide | UK Sales & Delivery
Ships take about 7 weeks door to door from China.... cutting it bloody close. That's arriving mid June which is inline with mush of the information we've been shared. All starting to sync up. I do hope a few of the 2020 orders manage to get a few early ones though. I feel for you all! I've been pulling my hair out since I ordered in Jan!!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Ships take about 7 weeks door to door from China.... cutting it bloody close. That's arriving mid June which is inline with mush of the information we've been shared. All starting to sync up. I do hope a few of the 2020 orders manage to get a few early ones though. I feel for you all! I've been pulling my hair out since I ordered in Jan!!
Been quite so far but starting to get frustrated ordered October. Been told today not to expect till mid to end June after been told May for a while. Told them they need to update there website for new order delivery estimate so other people don’t get trapped like me. Fingers crossed

Been quite so far but starting to get frustrated ordered October. Been told today not to expect till mid to end June after been told May for a while. Told them they need to update there website for new order delivery estimate so other people don’t get trapped like me. Fingers crossed
That must be seriously frustrating. I've said before, I was kicking myself that I missed the 'April' order date by a day. Now I found out that it wouldn't make a difference if I ordered today and that stinks... more so for you! But if it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure we'll have the best M3Ps yet and they will for sure be getting them to us for this Quarter. They need to hit BIG targets!

That must be seriously frustrating. I've said before, I was kicking myself that I missed the 'April' order date by a day. Now I found out that it wouldn't make a difference if I ordered today and that stinks... more so for you! But if it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure we'll have the best M3Ps yet and they will for sure be getting them to us for this Quarter. They need to hit BIG targets!
It is frustrating but I have test driven one and oh my we are in for a treat once we get them. Not thought once about swapping for a LR.

Out of pure boredom, I thought I'd check the estimated P delivery dates Tesla is showing for other RHD markets. See below:
  • GB = May (I think we all knew that one!)
  • Ireland = June (and this!)
  • Japan = 8-12 weeks
  • Singapore = second half of 2021
  • Australia = 6-10 weeks
  • New Zealand = 6-10 weeks
Something that caught my eye when doing this is that in all the Asia/Pacific countries, the 0-60 times for the P shows as 3.3s. Only GB and Ireland show 3.1s. I'm a little surprised by this given they will all be manufactured in Shanghai, so presumably will use the same hardware. Is there a known reason for this that I have missed?

Something that caught my eye when doing this is that in all the Asia/Pacific countries, the 0-60 times for the P shows as 3.3s. Only GB and Ireland show 3.1s. I'm a little surprised by this given they will all be manufactured in Shanghai, so presumably will use the same hardware. Is there a known reason for this that I have missed?

Could it be that the other markets they are not using the rollout on the Performance timings that they are using here? Thus measuring acceleration figures on the same way across all models rather than flattering the Performance times. iirc the rollout was worth a 0.1-0.2/second reduction in 0-60 time.

Reactions: Jez_GB and btc1k
Out of pure boredom, I thought I'd check the estimated P delivery dates Tesla is showing for other RHD markets. See below:
  • GB = May (I think we all knew that one!)
  • Ireland = June (and this!)
  • Japan = 8-12 weeks
  • Singapore = second half of 2021
  • Australia = 6-10 weeks
  • New Zealand = 6-10 weeks
Other countries quote 0-100km/h... not 0-60mph

Could it be that the other markets they are not using the rollout on the Performance timings that they are using here? Thus measuring acceleration figures on the same way across all models rather than flattering the Performance times. iirc the rollout was worth a 0.1-0.2/second reduction in 0-60 time.
Nope, not correct. Australia and others quote 0-100km/h. GB state 0-60mph. Figures are all correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.