Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Model S/X LHD Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of Lucid stock (and discounts) in the US by all accounts. Not selling well. So personally I’d be dubious as to their long term health. As to RHD versions of those….

Yes, the RHD is an obvious issue. I don't see anything else out there that I particularly like. The Taycan gets very punchy once you go through the options list and the range is poor. Tried the (old) e-Tron and it was horrific. Could be persuaded by some sort of Merc CL Coupe equivalent I guess.

Only a fraction of those who ordered a RHD will bite on the LHD offer is my guess.

As they approach the quarter they’ll drop prices. LHD for RHD markets should be inherently cheaper and Tesla know that but they will try it on first.

It does make me wonder if the refreshed Model 3 performance closes the gap between the Plaid and M3P, for RHD markets.

If you don't have that in Oz then I think they are shifting unsold EU LHD cars to UK ... once this Quarter ends prob. will open normal LHD orders.
Yep don’t have that option in Oz. We are unable to register new LHD vehicles here so it’s all over. Absolutely gutted over here. Interesting that they haven’t removed the S and X from the Australian Tesla page yet.

• Love
Reactions: WannabeOwner
It does make me wonder if the refreshed Model 3 performance closes the gap between the Plaid and M3P, for RHD markets.
This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I've got a 20 M3P and would really welcome a M3 with all the Model S features, if we're not getting the RHD Model S over here. Having said that, I've got a year to wait until I seriously have to consider making a decision so plently of time for Tesla to change their minds

Plenty of Lucid stock (and discounts) in the US by all accounts. Not selling well. So personally I’d be dubious as to their long term health. As to RHD versions of those….

It wouldn't surprise me if Tesla stops X sales completely, as Elons posts have suggested by all accounts these are 'hand built' hence even now the US X forum is full of the same delivery issues that's plagued Xs since day one.

Looks like we wouldn't be parting with our X if ever, as long as Tesla keeps a supply of the battery packs.....

Think I’ll give lotus a year to work out the eletre kinks and go for that. Audi A6 etron is the only other car I’d consider. If the Y got some significant upgrades re air suspension, better interior options that might be worth considering.

I have a Model 3 and have no interest in an S or an X - but I can see that many others do and for them neither the 3 nor Y are suitable alternatives. I'm somewhat surprised at Tesla abandoning this market - as well as the UK, there's Japan, most of the AP region, Aus, and NZ. Given Tesla's size and profitability to be offering just two models in these markets seems very short sighted.

You're not supposed to have a memory THAT long :)

All gone downhill since Colin Chapman left ... they used to have a proper shade of British Racing Green ...

Full Peacock mode with Malachite leather to match? :)
Hehe. Yeah not under any misapprehension, this is anything but an SUV. Galloway Green with black leather (magnetite) interior. 5 seats, huge boot and 900 brake. 112 kWh battery. MX replacement check and check. All good.

Anyone hoping some of the 7,250 S/X that are due in Europe from October '22 are Plaid X and arriving in the UK?
If Fremont makes 933 Plaid x per month out of 4,333 S&X ie 22% of production then technically of the 7250 arriving then 1559 "should" be plaid X's but divided by Europe then Uk = 10% of that? 156 Plaid X arriving in UK in Q4??
Clearly lots of variables but can you estimate better?
I just got my model s last week. So happy with the time frame. Right before the 2500 hike 250 for yoke hike and now ideas before canceling the RHD. There was a 1,000 hike. This car purchase was a stock trade. Lmao

Are they seriously suggesting people should just buy a LHD inventory car? With a yoke? That can hit 60 in 2 seconds?
For a 100k. It’s not April the firstbisnit
Are they seriously suggesting people should just buy a LHD inventory car? With a yoke? That can hit 60 in 2 seconds?
wondering if this just a strategy to offload a pile of inventory. Imagine getting a LHD and in a year they start making RHD. Zero residual value. I wouldn’t put it past them.

No more “halo” cars for them in RHD markets.

Guess they simply don’t give a fig. Just slam out as many 3 and Y as the market will take. Wobble in demand supply, cut price to suit, raise price to suit. Rinse and repeat. Shame really. Some really pissed off folks

Reactions: Durzel