Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Order Book Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Intrigued to know if anyone knows what they are referring to as early 2022? I have an ICE car of good value which I would like to part ex. but I guess you wouldn't be able to do this initially due to the demand? Its also probably declining in value slowly so I am keen to trade in asap.

Intrigued to know if anyone knows what they are referring to as early 2022? I have an ICE car of good value which I would like to part ex. but I guess you wouldn't be able to do this initially due to the demand? Its also probably declining in value slowly so I am keen to trade in asap.
Dont take my word for it but I tried to trade in a long time ago just for curiosity, september 2020 SR+ 1k mileage (not even a couple of moths old) and they offered 30k. Fast forward more recently (a month ago) and they offered 14k for my golf (sold it easy for 20k), Offered 9k for my Audi a1 and I sold it very easy for 12.5k.

You can try but just think of last case scenario before you put your deposit down.

Not when you look at the sales figures!
The current industry misnomer is to talk of sales figures when they mean deliveries. The market issue at the moment is waiting times, nobody really knows how many cars are actually being ordered. Nearly all the ev's I've looked at with the exception of Tesla have 12 month wait lists, and 12 months is probably code for "who knows". September figures for all cars didn't include 2 of the best selling cars of the year to date, I don't think anybody really thinks they went from being the best sellers to zero interest overnight, just as Tesla's "sales figures" for Oct will appear shockingly bad because of their peaky delivery profile when in reality "sales figures" would probably be quite heathy due to the initial flood of orders for the Model Y.

If you can always spot a water filled pothole in the dark and then always avoid it, then you don't live in the UK.

I ride motorcycles, trained to an Advanced Level. Blood Biker riding in all weathers, pitch black, rain, sub-zero ice risk...

How many Advanced Emergency or Police Riders do you hear of crashing from hitting pot holes?

We're trained to read the roads braking surface all the time. Avoiding potholes and reducing speed when conditions are likely to have bad road surfaces.

Just because you don't have the attention skill, doesn't mean others don't.

There's less manoeuvrability in a car, but it isn't impossible. Allow yourself enough distance from the car in front and you'll spot it in time.

Funny how my wheels have never cracked... I must be just lucky then 😁😁😁

... and no, I'm not a 25 year old with very little driving experience.

You're not going to like reading this as your driving standards don't allow for it, but you're wrong.

Last edited:
Anyway…… About the Y. Any more orders? :)
I’ve got an RN, but I may roll it into Q2 to see what happens with Berlin and any potential model refreshes.
I’ve ordered MYLR, MS, standard wheel and black interior. I also need the after delivery towbar.

Currently watching all the UK (and worldwide) reviews that say the ride is too harsh, even on standard 19’s. There are a few theories out there that air suspension could come in a refreshed version which would make a big difference. I’m not in a rush, but as it’ll be a long lease, I don’t want to commit to a car that will have a hard crashy ride for 4 years, without knowing what it feels like and whether I can tolerate it. This is coming from an Audi SQ7 that has air suspension on 21”, so I know anything I get will be harder. Plenty of firm riding BMW’s in my past as well, so just need to see what the ride of the Y is actually like before committing to the order.

Reactions: KennethS
I ride motorcycles, trained to an Advanced Level. Blood Biker riding in all weathers, pitch black, rain, sub-zero ice risk...

How many Advanced Emergency or Police Riders do you hear of crashing from hitting pot holes?

We're trained to read the roads braking surface all the time. Avoiding potholes and reducing speed when conditions are likely to have bad road surfaces.

Just because you don't have the attention skill, doesn't mean others don't.

There's less manoeuvrability in a car, but it isn't impossible. Allow yourself enough distance from the car in front and you'll spot it in time.

Funny how my wheels have never cracked... I must be just lucky then 😁😁😁

... and no, I'm not a 25 year old with very little driving experience.

You're not going to like reading this as your driving standards don't allow for it, but you're wrong.
2019-08-16_ent_52595920_I1.jpg

Not many takers for a YP. Anecdotally, this seems completely different than the 3.

Another reason to take a punt on a YP is the longer wait. More time to see what’s happening. See what issues there are for early Y LR’s. I wonder why there is a delay. If, for arguments sake, it’s 6 months between a LR and a P, why so long? Would there ever be a scenario where LR’s and P’s come from different factories ?

Reactions: PrGrPa
Not many takers for a YP. Anecdotally, this seems completely different than the 3.

Another reason to take a punt on a YP is the longer wait. More time to see what’s happening. See what issues there are for early Y LR’s. I wonder why there is a delay. If, for arguments sake, it’s 6 months between a LR and a P, why so long? Would there ever be a scenario where LR’s and P’s come from different factories ?
My guess is batteries - MIC LR have been getting the 75kwh battery, the 82kwh batteries in the P seem to get shipped in from the US

Either that and/or the MYP will be Berlin

I don’t think the China factory has produced a YP yet. I believe China will start to get them in Dec, mainland Europe in Q1 22 and then the UK Q2/3 22.

Seems they are staggering the launch to deal with initial launch demand.

The German factory will come online at some point and in theory should produce performance models as well as LRs so who knows which factory the UK YPs will come from - far too difficult to predict 6 months out.

I have collection of a M3LR in November and i'm just changing the PCP to cash - I'm ordering the MYLR today and the plan is to sell the M3LR by the time the MY arrives.... what a headache LOL
I took delivery of a M3LR in late September as a bridge between my MX100D and the MY which I did not expect to become available in UK so early in 2022 and have just ordered a MYLR in blue so like you will be selling an almost new M3 when the MY delivery is confirmed.

Last edited: