Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Order Book Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For truly loading capacities I would guess cybertruck or the Rivian one would be ideal. That's my plan at least for when the kids grow up and i would have to carry mountain bikes etc ;)
A Cybertruck would be cool but not really practical for me. I also think she'd spot it if I tried to justify buying one on the back of carrying her bike :)

I've been well impressed with the 3 for load carrying and I can get an XL mountain bike and camping gear for a week in there without too much hassle. But the extra space would be nice. One "regret" I do have is not going with a towbar for a bike carrier (two bikes and take the missus) but that wasn't an option on the M3P. There's still a roofrack option to investigate for that.

So I'm not desperate for a Y just yet although it will become more tempting down the track in 18 months or so.

Well I was planning to swap my Model 3 for a Y but switching the wife's car for a new vehicle is currently in progress so the Model Y will have to wait. I'm now just over 2 years into my Model 3 ownership and love it but would like the hatchback practicality of the Y.

So, I'll keep my Model 3 for the next 2 years of warranty cover and the fact I have lifetime premium connectivity is an additional benefit over a new Y.

Should be really interesting to see where things are at in 2 years in terms of Model Y battery, Tesla supercharger network being open to all or closed etc. If it's open I will certainly look at alternatives. The supercharger network is a major selling point for Tesla in my humble opinion.

Afternoon
Do I have to decide on the enhanced autopilot now or can you do this at a later stage?

Technically any time as just software BUT, if there is a price change and you change spec then the whole order will be repriced.

However EAP is currently an after market option so can, if still available be purchased after taking delivery.

Tesla do have previous form for mid order price changes and specification changes and availability. So just because EAP is available now doesn’t mean that it will always be. Price drops are normally honoured for existing orders, price rises normally honour original order price which is not the same as individual item price hence spec change can work against you. We lost a FSD discount because we changed our order and cost of FSD rose in the interim so learned the hard way.

It's pretty confusing to see an WLTP range estimate be lower than it's EPA counterpart (Standing at 326mi)? What could be the cause? Assuming that UK MY's aren't going to have smaller batteries.

Yes. Makes you wonder if they are quoting the EPA instead of the WLTP? Maybe they don’t have the WLTP yet for the spec of Model Y we are going to get so are temporarily using the EPA as a proxy? It’s always going to be less mileage quoting the EPA so the only people losing out is Tesla themselves.

I’ve gone for YP. Bog standard white.

Was tempted with blue and white interior but the Mrs didn’t like the idea of white interior. Only reason I would go with a paint option was to have white interior. Not keen on double white. I was spot on with my guess at £65k!

Am I the only one disappointed with the performance's top speed? I knew the LR's top speed would be lower than the 3's but thought it would have been higher than 130. Not that we can hit those speeds legally over here but I had expected the performance to be able to at least hit 155 as you'd expect from a performance car.

I had been eyeing up the MYP for a hot minute and was anxious about the pricing here in the uk. In my head, I was already ordering accessories for it but now it's out I see less range, more expensive than the 3 for very little added benefits (except of course the larger size). Personally changing my LR for the MYP when my LR has been fantastic doesn't seem a viable option. If only the MY had larger batteries or something to justify the change. On that note, does anyone know when Y will get the newer batteries?

The UK market does love an SUV though. Congrats to those that have ordered!

iu

Reactions: ACarneiro
Interesting review by Rory Reed Of the model Y on UK roads Autotrader. The main takeaway seems to be a very good car but the ride is too hard, so avoid the bigger wheels if possible.
I think its pretty accurate - and interesting to point out it's not so much "the competition is coming", and now more a case of "the competition are here". Tesla only having the Model 3 for sale in the UK for the last year seems to be a bit of a mistake

Reactions: page3
It's pretty confusing to see an WLTP range estimate be lower than it's EPA counterpart (Standing at 326mi)? What could be the cause? Assuming that UK MY's aren't going to have smaller batteries.
Model Y vehicles supplied in Europe to date have had smaller capacity batteries compared to US build vehicles (75 vs 82 kWh). Rumours are that the newer LG battery will be similar to the Panasonic 82 kWh battery could start to be fitted to European MY vehicles this quarter but Tesla are still quoting the lower WLTP range to cover themselves so they have the flexibility of when they make the cut over.

Maybe Tesla will keep with the lower capacity in the short term for the UK market. :(

I' d been waiting for this.

Really disappointed at the price point they have selected.
Given there is only $5450 US between Model 3 LR and Model Y LR in the US, the difference here appears to be £6500

Its cheaper to switch from a M3 Performance to a MY Performance (£5k difference)

meh. hope they bring some prices down soon.

I think it’s worth viewing the price compared to other electric vehicles is the UK. Look at prices of what Audi, BMW and Merc are offering. Frankly outrageous list prices. I know nobody pays list, but still.

For example a BMW i4 M50 Is £64k plus options. Same price as a YP.

Reactions: Js1977
Model Y.png

This is the car I have been waiting for. The plan was to get the Model 3 and trade it in when the Y arrived. So I waited. Email came. Button pushed. LR Silver + 20" Induction. Gorgeous.

But now I've ordered it, I have realised I have absolutely no intention of trading in the M3P. None whatsoever. I love that car. So I've popped the wife's cars details in the Trade in section.. See how much they give me for that. hehe