Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day of driving today, AP seems waaaay more nervous around town than it was yesterday - so much of a sniff of a parked car and it was weighing anchor. I hope they sort that out! Netflix is great while waiting for charging to finish, even if the lip synching was bit off on South Park :).

Finally, the Vent button is a godsend - I often get the 'noias about leaving the windows open, now I can check they're closed from anywhere in the world :)

Oh dear, I was rather looking forward to that. Any news on when we are likely to get it?

Edit: I see though on Tesla's UK site (Introducing Software Version 10.0) that Smart Summon is part of V.10, or am I misreading it? (That's ...tesla.com/en_GB/...)
Nothing to do with Tesla mate. It is European law that prohibits remote operation other than short range bluetooth for tight parking spots. Quite possible I will not see advanced summon in my lifetime!

most smartphones are class 2 BT which is about 10 M ... class 1 is ~100M

summon does indeed use Bluetooth. Smart summon though uses WiFi as the ranges can be more than 10M ... if and when we get it i imagine its going to work just as the US ....

why are we not getting it? if i put my tinfoin hat one i would say that the big german manufacturers have nothing to really offer to equate to FSH or summon so they kneecapped the legislation.
We are not getting it because this mode of operation is illegal in Europe. NOTHING to do with it working, or being safe, or anything like that.

No vent on Model S!

Grrrrrr.

Wonder why this is? Surely the windows have the usual safety stop to avoid chopping off body parts.

Is there any change to autopilot function? In 200 miles I can't say there is with any certainty. The visualisations are better.

Roll out seems very quick so I'd be surprised if you have to wait long. That said, it's not exactly life changing!

For those with auto lane change, is it normal for it to disable itself for bad weather with the merest hint of precipitation?

I got V10 on my FSD raven X.

Some cool additions. Especially Caraoke which is actually awesome especially for kids.

Joe mode is a must.

Having said that I find it bemusing that Tesla spend so much time with games etc when really I just want FSD to work better.

I have no enhanced summon (not Tesla's fault but still very annoying).

I didn't know vent mode will close your windows for you that is a big plus. Coming from an Audi that closes open windows for you I've been caught out with open windows a couple of times. Better still it'd automatically just close windows when you lock the car without having to use the app.

Overall a cool update but mostly gimmicky for me.

I got V10 on my FSD raven X.
Having said that I find it bemusing that Tesla spend so much time with games etc when really I just want FSD to work better.
Don't worry about them waisting time on these things. Easter eggs and games can be coded by an intern in a month or 2. Really - many comp sci students could code a game of some sort for you pretty easily - because it's a well under stood problem with known solutions. FSD and it's sub problems are many magnitudes more complicated and difficult. So games are easy wins to distract us while they grind really slowly away at the complex science part of computer vision.

Also worth remembering that current autopilot works single frames at a time. It's smart at it and can presumably read a lot into road position and wheel angle etc, but it's taking a static picture and making guesses based on that. Then doing it again very shortly after. It isn't looking back at the last few frames to predict motion, direction of travel etc yet, it's just getting better at reacting to what it sees fight now. Enabling the ability to compare frames is a must to advance. Perhapse they are in the beta they showed investors, who knows? V3 looks to have the power for it at least.

Do we think plain autopilot will get a better way to change lanes? Driving the car home up the M6 it was really annoying to have to disable steering control, change lane, enable it again, all with the associated noises. I felt it really encourages staying in the middle lane, which is just wrong.