Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Premium Connectivity Progress - pre mid July 2019 orders

If you ordered before Mid July 2019, have you raised a Service request re your Connectivity ending?

• Yes

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I ordered after Mid July/August 2019

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what date the they used as the cut off(?) I ordered on the 13th August (relatively late to the party) and seems i didnt make the cut, option still there for me to subscribe at £9.99.

I'm not complaining by the way - just wondering how much i missed out by!

Same here!! Well done everyone. Shows a bit of persistence we can get things resolved!

Wonder for those who paid... will they will refund.
Mine is now also showing as Premium Connectivity Free Unlimited. I did pay for 2 months but am happy not to be refunded if the connectivity stays free now. For point of reference, I originally ordered the Long Range on 1 May (having been a reservation holder since April 2017) and upgraded to the Performance version on 31 May when the pricing was revised. I lost the discount on FSD when doing so but overall the new pricing meant a lower total cost.

Reactions: Keeper
Mine is back as the freebie so pleased about that. Ordered on the 9th May, reserved early 2017. I paid up but had been watching this thread closely to see what happened. Well done folks! It's only a few quid but the principle is important and seems Tesla did the right thing.

Reactions: Roy W.
Yes, my account is showing Premium Connectivity Free Unlimited too this morning. It was well worth the email :D I ordered 8th May 2019.

I assume this free premium connectivity will stay with the car when you sell it on in the future? Or is it linked to the first owner only?

I’d be surprised if it stays with the car. I think the new owner will get the standard trial.

Reactions: Keeper
Interestingly enough, I ordered my Model S March 25th 2019 and lost Premium Connectivity on the anniversary of delivery late June 22nd this year. Invoice shows 'Premium Upgrades Package' is included. Account shows 'Standard Connectivity' and has the facility to upgrade!

Maybe I should contact SC to see what the situation is. Would welcome comments!

Interestingly enough, I ordered my Model S March 25th 2019 and lost Premium Connectivity on the anniversary of delivery late June 22nd this year. Invoice shows 'Premium Upgrades Package' is included. Account shows 'Standard Connectivity' and has the facility to upgrade!

Maybe I should contact SC to see what the situation is. Would welcome comments!
The issue mainly affects M3, it depends what it said for the Model S ordering at the time you placed your order, however the "premium upgrades package" does not refer to connectivity, the S had a separate package that was an option extra that includes things such as upgraded air filters, extra lights, luxury interior accents and power life gate, the package was scraped and then included in, and that is what this refers to.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Yep here too. Glad they have done the right thing. May 1st order.
Same here after ordering 01 May 2019 and reserving 2017 with a November 2019 delivery.It is not so much the £1200 over, say, 10 years of ownership but the principle involved.Tesla will get their money back when we all begin to upgrade, anyway ,as it is written clearly that you pay a subscription now.On a slightly separate topic if I want to upgrade to a new model 3 today FSD is £6.8k or something and having already paid around £4.7k it seems I end up paying for the same thing twice.It would be great if you could carry your account with you to the next car (to include acceleration boost as well perhaps) and this would give me a reason to upgrade.I am not entirely convinced that FSD I have paid gets carried through to a better resale/part exchange value to be honest.Anyway ramble over, thanks, VanillaAir and this forum and Tesla.

On a slightly separate topic if I want to upgrade to a new model 3 today FSD is £6.8k or something and having already paid around £4.7k it seems I end up paying for the same thing twice.It would be great if you could carry your account with you to the next car (to include acceleration boost as well perhaps) and this would give me a reason to upgrade.

Can't see them transferring upgrades ever as they will make more sales if its based per car rather than per person, especially as cars get written off etc

I wonder what date the they used as the cut off(?) I ordered on the 13th August (relatively late to the party) and seems i didnt make the cut, option still there for me to subscribe at £9.99.

I'm not complaining by the way - just wondering how much i missed out by!

Best guess seems to be sometime around the middle of June as the time when the spec changed.

I assume this free premium connectivity will stay with the car when you sell it on in the future? Or is it linked to the first owner only?

I'm sure it will stay with the car, in the same way unexpired warranty would.

The only prospect of it being removed would be if you sell (trade in) the car back to Tesla, in the same way they 'switch off' free supercharging on pre 2018 MS cars which otherwise would have it.

The Canadians were told this according to Tesla confirms it gave free Premium Connectivity to some owners, here's who we think should get it - Drive Tesla Canada

822C73A3-E296-41D5-A909-D099962AF3E7.jpeg

Sounds like once the car changes hands then it reverts back to being a subscription, which would make sense I suppose since any new owner wouldn't have been the one who signed the original contract.

Will result in some disappointed people when cars are sold with Premium Connectivity that disappears when a new owner buys the car.

Ordered May 1st 2019. Emailed Tesla when it expired. Paid for 2 months. Now listed as free unlimited.
This is really unexpectedly good news.

BTW, for those company car car drivers who missed the cut and have to pay the monthly fee, the company should foot the bill for the subscription without any BIK so the cost is not that great.