Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess this composite highlights the inaccuracy of the coming soon locations on Tesla's maps! Both from todays map - I presume they are meant to be one in the same site.

1620999030729.png

Last edited:
They're having a laugh at £0.40 per kwh.

I supercharged our X for the first time in ages at Rugby today and noticed a Model 3 using the Ecotricity chargers. I presume its because the Ecotricity chargers are cheaper?

I didn't think 'free for life' Supercharging was going to be worth that much on our X, but if rapid charging keeps going up it may actually be worth having. Instavolt appears to be 35p/kWh, Ionity I see is 69p/kWh, I suspect costs will only keep on going up?

Rugby was a really nice setup though, and the way things need to go for all Mway services.

I supercharged our X for the first time in ages at Rugby today and noticed a Model 3 using the Ecotricity chargers. I presume its because the Ecotricity chargers are cheaper?

I didn't think 'free for life' Supercharging was going to be worth that much on our X, but if rapid charging keeps going up it may actually be worth having. Instavolt appears to be 35p/kWh, Ionity I see is 69p/kWh, I suspect costs will only keep on going up?

Rugby was a really nice setup though, and the way things need to go for all Mway services.

Completely agree, it’s great to see a sensible number of rapid chargers at an MSA. Just the rest of the network to go.....

It‘s just a shame that the building / services themselves couldn’t have been set up with a bit more thought. Yet another example of gratuitously forcing everyone to walk past all the usual junk food consessions to get to the loos. And then back again....

No danger of anything healthy sneaking past that lot.

I think up to 30p/kWh is acceptable for rapid charging but Ionity is a joke. That's £35 to get 50kWh compared to £12-15 on a supercharger.

Hoping for the Aberystwyth one to go ahead soon. Apparently Q2 but there's nothing here as of yet...

View attachment 662891
Cardiff is "lucky" because this is a store location, so Tesla already own/have a long term deal on the property. Honestly I wasn't expecting any superchargers there, simply because it's not on the M4, and we've got the chargers down at Bridgend not too far away.

Aberystwyth definitely needs its SCs, as well as Builth Wells. I'd like to see some in St Davids/Haverfordwest as well, upping the coverage in West Wales from the current status of "nothing".

Hoping for the Aberystwyth one to go ahead soon. Apparently Q2 but there's nothing here as of yet...

View attachment 662891
Note that Tesla's map marker locations are usually only approximate: there's some promising activity at the Park Lodge Hotel hotel as reported by @simonmj66 (the wiki post at the start of this thread is also frequently updated to summarise any new info as it come in)...
Well after 4 years in the charging wilderness there are works underway at Parc Lodge in Aberystwyth. They defo look like SuC groundworks but no tesla signage visible. Getting quite excited as we haul ourselves into the twenty first century albeit a decade or two late. Will post some photos tomorrow. Does anyone remember the name of Tesla groundwork crews on other sites?

View attachment 662891
Aberystwyth construction is definitely underway so could be a few short weeks from opening. It’s at the Park Lodge Hotel and you can see the construction from the adjacent roundabout - it is not the activity at the back of the site which appears to be substantial resurfacing work. Looks like it is the right amount of space for 8x V3. Hotel have confirmed that it is Tesla.
If you pass, please keep us posted on any progress you see!

View attachment 663065
Here is where they are being built. I would speculate that the resurfacing works happening above and to the right of the hotel building in the picture are related; in order to give up the space for the Superchargers, further car parking space was needed to prevent a shortage.
I'll try and get some photos of it later today.

My car show Ft William as “temporary closure”. I was planning on using it later this week. Does anyone have any information about this closure?
I have seen that message before but been able to charge fine when I got there. There is a CPS rapid right next to the SUCs but it's often busy. There are a couple more CPS rapids under construction in the same car park as of a couple of weeks ago when I was last there. I'd appreciate it if you could update us with what you find when you get there as i'm planning to stop there on friday afternoon myself.

Progress in Sussex!
Once again it is Alex Rogers who spots the vital info.
•Gatwick GridServe has planning permission so can motor ahead (Superchargers included)
•Pease Pottage Moto Supercharger/Ecotricity HPC site has a plan so might see some traction now.

Attachments

• 041768DF-DC87-4B54-8317-43931E3FF813.jpeg
    041768DF-DC87-4B54-8317-43931E3FF813.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: JupiterMan
Progress in Sussex!
Once again it is Alex Rogers who spots the vital info.
•Gatwick GridServe has planning permission so can motor ahead (Superchargers included)
•Pease Pottage Moto Supercharger/Ecotricity HPC site has a plan so might see some traction now.
Interesting. I wonder how this will be impacted by Gatwick now charging for drop offs. Just driving through the drop off road will impose a minimum £5 fare. What would stop people from parking up here, casually plugging in (and possibly not even starting a charge?) and getting their family/friends/punters to walk over to the Gridserve forecourt?

Reactions: nufan