Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorked X100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing this is more of the Tesla nonsense of terrible internal communication. If only it were made clear on which vehicles are eligible and why, and which vehicles are not eligible and why.
I recommend calling again to speak with someone different and/or calling a different service center. Just remember to be nice. I'm sure someone will have a better answer for you.

Also, I noticed others mentioning that they rarely/never saw the energy meter go beyond 300Wh, where as I see this all the time.

Hi - Does it go a little past 300Wh or all the way towards the end of the round grey line? My MX goes to about the red line I drew in the picture and can't past it. Thanks

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    486.9 KB · Views: 123
Is there a way to know at what VIN 100D became “uncorkable”?...
On the CPO side I think all the S VIN 205xxx+ vehicles were delivered uncorked. Anyone know what the equivalent X VIN is? X VIN 58xxx ish? Anything before that you have to check as we haven't gotten to the bottom of why some rare cars come back uncorkable. 48A circuitry (Did this exist on the X100 or just X75)? Batteries? Fuses? Inverters? Some strange combination? We still don't know.

Last edited:
Ok so took delivery of an inventory MX 100D 2 weeks back. Build date Nov 15th 2017.

I’ve kind of felt that the 0-100km/h of 4.6sec didn’t feel as such so I used powertools and even a few times on stopwatch.

I was surprised to see 5 powertools results at
5.18-5.25 sec...5.18 being the fastest mid way through testing. Battery at 90%. Stopwatch also clocked 5.21 and 5.20 to 100kph.

Now I may be mistaken but shouldn’t a 100d MX now be in the 4.6-4.8 range after uncorking or at least the newest type of DU?

It was a Nov 17’ build but moves the same as an uncorked 75D. My cousin has his 75D uncorked and clocking same 5.15-5.25sec to 100kph.

My 100D was a loaner for a month and I had the speed limit removed after delivery. Is there a power limit as well on loaners? Never heard of one.

In any case I’m taking this up with SC on Monday as this can’t be right...anyone have a similar result on their MX 100D?

:(

Ok so took delivery of an inventory MX 100D 2 weeks back. Build date Nov 15th 2017.

I’ve kind of felt that the 0-100km/h of 4.6sec didn’t feel as such so I used powertools and even a few times on stopwatch.

I was surprised to see 5 powertools results at
5.18-5.25 sec...5.18 being the fastest mid way through testing. Battery at 90%. Stopwatch also clocked 5.21 and 5.20 to 100kph.

Now I may be mistaken but shouldn’t a 100d MX now be in the 4.6-4.8 range after uncorking or at least the newest type of DU? It was a Nov 17’ build but moves the same as an uncorked 75D.
My cousin has his 75D uncorked and clocking same 5.15-5.25sec to 100kph.

My 100D was a loaner for a month and I had the speed limit removed after delivery. Is there a power lint as well on loaners? Never heard of one.

In any case I’m taking this up with SC on Monday as this can’t be right...anyone have similar issue?

:(

It's a bit cold outside, what is your state of charge?

It's a bit cold outside, what is your state of charge?

90%. Temp was 7 Celsius. Which is why I tried it 5-7x. Let the battery warm up. It went from 5.25 to 5.18 at absolute best. Dry day. 20” standard wheels. No one else in the car.

75D was tested within an hour. Same temp. Same 90% charge.

I’ve also had a 100D MS loaner recently during -3celcius and it clocked in 3.8 sec 0-100 as it should uncorked.

I’m just confused why a 100D should be only as fast as the 75D in same conditions. That’s not right.

That's not uncorked. Those were my numbers before I was uncorked. You should see > 390. I've seen > 400 before.

I knew it. I’ve owned a 90D MS before with 4.4sec 0-100 and 390-400kW output. I could tell I wasnt getting mid a 4 sec feeling with this 100D MX.

What’s odd is how is this possible given a mid nov build date on this 100D? Actually entered production Nov 6th and exited Nov 16th.