Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unprovoked road rage...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night. 7pm. A34. Driving south on a quiet A34. Suddenly an oldish Audi A5 undertakes within a few inches of my nearside (which is when I first noticed him), pulls in front of me and brakes. Fortunately I didn't hit him. He them remains at a close distance as if waiting for my response. I moved right to get past, but he did it again, after which I slowed right down. Eventually he zoomed off. W****r. Pressed the horn to save the footage.

When I got home I reviewed the footage and can confirm I got him on the rear, nearside, and front cameras. Called the police and passed on his registration and told them its all on video. Waiting for them to respond... I wont post just yet until I know whats going on. I reviewed the whole footage and at no time did I see this vehicle until he came up behind me - strange.

some driver's ego must really be tiny as they get really enraged when they see a tesla. I had an encounter with an audi driver last week too.. tried to undertake me, traffic sped up so he couldn't and then very fast drove all around me to the right lane over took me then proceeded to slip in front of me in the middle lane and slowed down as well. W*nkers indeed. I doubt the police will say anything though.

Reactions: Millenium101
There's a website which links to each Police Force where you can automatically upload camera footage and log an incident although I'm not sure how many are followed-up - national-dash-cam-safety-portal

I sent this clip to Herts Police -

They initially decided not to take action but after I complained to the Police Crime Comissioner about their lack of interest, they re-opened the case and it eventually went to prosecution.

Last edited:
I know that it's not quite the same thing but I have been astounded at the rage EVs in general (and specifically Tesla's) seem to generate in some people. Ive seen mainstream news article comments sections filled with stuff that makes me conclude there are a lot of people with issues out there. A common theme that seems to come up is that EV drivers are "smug". Smug about what? Do they think we are all eco warriors? Too many small minded people in this world who can't see beyond their own preconceived notions.

But when they start putting people's lives at risk by stunts like OPs experience makes me think they are insane(although I guess it's not always EVs. A friend who had a nice car at the time nearly had a head on because someone swerved over on to his side of the road whilst giving the finger and laughing. - no dashcams back then unfortunately

I don't get it.

This is the way to report an incident:

I have recently used it and they replied pretty quickly to confirm they were taking action against the driver. In the notes they say they need evidence covering one minute before and one minute after the incident. They do also ask that you don't, or remove if you have, post any footage on social media.

I found it very easy to use and delighted they decided to take action. Over recent years the standard of driving has dropped dramatically and if I can put my dashcams to good use I will.

There's a website which links to each Police Force where you can automatically upload camera footage and log an incident although I'm not sure how many are followed-up - national-dash-cam-safety-portal

They initially decided not to take action but after I complained to the Police Crime Comissioner about their lack of interest, they re-opened the case and it eventually went to prosecution.
I'm amazed they could make out the reg given the speed... I had to squint...

Reactions: bainsy
I have experienced quite a few road rage during my 6 months of M3 ownership. Most notably is a van driver coming from the opposite direction purposely swirled into my lane at the last minute and then back, scared the crap out of me. And this happened twice, both from van drivers. Driving my Ioniq5 seems to be a little better in regards to this, but met with a lot of cars accelerating to tailgate the crap out of me much more than I remembered back when I was driving an ICE.

Reactions: Millenium101
This is the way to report an incident:

I have recently used it and they replied pretty quickly to confirm they were taking action against the driver. In the notes they say they need evidence covering one minute before and one minute after the incident. They do also ask that you don't, or remove if you have, post any footage on social media.

I found it very easy to use and delighted they decided to take action. Over recent years the standard of driving has dropped dramatically and if I can put my dashcams to good use I will.
Where I'm at we would probably need to ask Elon a button to directly upload dashcam clips to this website... :D

But worth noting what you said, I'll try to remember to wait one minute before saving the clip for it to be acceptable as evidence...

I do have fun with ICE cars when they P me off.

I recall one time on a busy motorway, cars doing no more than 55 in the top overtaking lane, but going faster than the other lanes so justifiably using the 3rd lane. I've left a decent gap between me and the car in front, yet Audi right up my rear end, presumably thinking I should move out of the way as with such a gap I must not be in a hurry?

Anyway, road opens up, I move over to the middle lane and floor it. Audi stays in top lane and can't see me for dust. The EV acceleration has its perks!

Last night. 7pm. A34. Driving south on a quiet A34. Suddenly an oldish Audi A5 undertakes within a few inches of my nearside (which is when I first noticed him), pulls in front of me and brakes. Fortunately I didn't hit him. He them remains at a close distance as if waiting for my response. I moved right to get past, but he did it again, after which I slowed right down. Eventually he zoomed off. W****r. Pressed the horn to save the footage.

When I got home I reviewed the footage and can confirm I got him on the rear, nearside, and front cameras. Called the police and passed on his registration and told them its all on video. Waiting for them to respond... I wont post just yet until I know whats going on. I reviewed the whole footage and at no time did I see this vehicle until he came up behind me - strange.
If the police get back to you I will assume you made the whole thing up!

That will not end in a successful prosecution, due to the fact that it will be almost impossible to calculate the speed using that camera angle, even using simple maths on time and distance. You wasted your time.

That will not end in a successful prosecution, due to the fact that it will be almost impossible to calculate the speed using that camera angle, even using simple maths on time and distance. You wasted your time.
Well not a waste of time actually....I was informed the driver was being charged with the offences of Dangerous Driving and No Insurance.

Whatever their calculations were regarding the speed (and I assume they wouldn't need an exact speed, just an estimated figure that showed the level of speed/driving was dangerous), I think it's pretty clear that the speed was significantly above 100mph bearing in mind I was doing 70mph when the vehicle passed me.

Either way, reporting these incidents is important and it's then up to the CPS to decide whether there's enough evidence to prosecute.