Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unsworth Vs Musk defamation trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hljómaði heldur ekki vel á íslensku.

This trial support my belief that some lawyers don't care if they have a decent case or not. They just want a client they can bill. And will encourage anything profitable.

I am not defending the tort lawyers but you do realize that if the Plaintiff gets nothing his lawyers also get nothing and likely are out thousands in expenses. It is EMs lawyers who are likely billing by the hour. We should also remember that even though there are lawyers who will take a case for a client who is only greedy there are tort lawyers who have brought down cigarette companies and worse. Like you I suspect Unsworth lawyers are not the more responsible kind.

Funny how Stanton just knows the sub never would have worked, even though he never saw it in person just saw a video clip of it.

Also he said that Unsworth was key to the rescue, but I thought he never actually did anything directly with the rescue - how was he key to it?
I find it's very difficult to understand what actually is happening in court from the words of a very biased reporter. You are guaranteed not to hear the positives for Musk and only hear the negatives. That being said, it looks like Stanton took the side of Unsworth, which is not going to help Elon's case in the eyes of the jury.
We can believe that the sub would have worked, but Stanton is probably seen as an "authority" in the matter. I'm sure that the emails where Stanton asked Elon to keep on working on the solution were also shown so, again, it is difficult to understand from Ryan's tweets what was the jury's overall impression.

To underline how a biased reporter can twist things around, this is what others have reported:
ELBC2KeX0AAQ_6U

Via Nafnlaus on Twitter

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
To underline how a biased reporter can twist things around, this is what others have reported:
placeholder_image.svg

Via Nafnlaus on Twitter
Even that quote is a load of hoohey. The tube was not made to hold all the air needed. It had multiple redundant protected air connections at both ends. Seems more snag proof than a mask on a sedated kid.

Ryan also refered to Sam Teller as Elon's "former chief of staff". Has he quit in the last week?

Even that quote is a load of hoohey. The tube was not made to hold all the air needed. It had multiple redundant protected air connections at both ends. Seems more snag proof than a mask on a sedated kid.

Ryan also refered to Sam Teller as Elon's "former chief of staff". Has he quit in the last week?
According to Sam Teller's LinkedIn profile, Ryan Mac is a liar.
Who would have thought?

I find it's very difficult to understand what actually is happening in court from the words of a very biased reporter. You are guaranteed not to hear the positives for Musk and only hear the negatives. That being said, it looks like Stanton took the side of Unsworth, which is not going to help Elon's case in the eyes of the jury.
We can believe that the sub would have worked, but Stanton is probably seen as an "authority" in the matter. I'm sure that the emails where Stanton asked Elon to keep on working on the solution were also shown so, again, it is difficult to understand from Ryan's tweets what was the jury's overall impression.

However, the trial is not about who was more helpful in the rescue. Stanton made 2 statement that is very helpful to Musk and devastating to Unsworth:

1. Elon was asked by Stanton to build the "tube", which proves he was helping on request and not just trying to make a "publicity stunt" as Unsworth claimed. Clearly -1 point for Unsworth, +1 for Musk.
  2. He stated he never personally met Elon, yet Unsworth claimed Elon was asked told to leave (hence the comment he can shove the sub up his butt), but how could he have been told to leave by the leader of the divers if they never met ? Oopsy -1 for Unsworth, proven lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.