Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UP MODEL 3 PIKES PEAK RACE CAR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A great story from Randy on a previous crash at Pike's Peak and some lessons learned. Sounds like running oxygen is basically mandatory.

Yeah ICE cars are at a disadvantage but EVs there’s no need for altitude change. I wonder how much weight Unplugged is gonna shred off the car. If they make a complete carbon car that would be dope. The chassis would look like Leroy essentially on a battery.

I believe this video shows one of the cars:

Nope i think that's a third Model 3 who will be running Pikes Peak! That car has BC coilovers, minor brake mods, stripped interior and racing seat with some fairly aggressive tires.

I bet UP will be running 3-way adjustable coilovers (plus all suspension links upgraded), carbon ceramic brakes, stripped interior with cage/racing seat and probably some aero bits as well. Might even see some crazy tires with custom bodywork but that's just a guess.

Reactions: Arpe
Nope i think that's a third Model 3 who will be running Pikes Peak! That car has BC coilovers, minor brake mods, stripped interior and racing seat with some fairly aggressive tires.

I bet UP will be running 3-way adjustable coilovers (plus all suspension links upgraded), carbon ceramic brakes, stripped interior with cage/racing seat and probably some aero bits as well. Might even see some crazy tires with custom bodywork but that's just a guess.
They said their second sponsored car is an XPO sales car which set the lap record at buttonwillow.

UPDATE: Tesla Model 3 Performance Sets New Track Record At Buttonwillow

UPs main car is their own and it will be a full blown race car. Im thinking they’ll remove all the glass too in favor for lexan.

@UnpluggedP posted this on their instagram
9B0D7384-8906-4C37-9EEE-22AF2A1344EC.jpeg

Reactions: ra88it and Matsayz
1400 hp is "Hype"?

O.K.
I'm talking about the the overblown style of the video. If you're impressed by that stuff, be my guest. Smokey burnouts and hanging your tail out has nothing to do with going around a racetrack in the fastest possible fashion, mostly about showing off to the non cognoscenti. We've absorbed some kind of meme that drifting is actually faster driving. It's not. It's slower.

I'm talking about the the overblown style of the video. If you're impressed by that stuff, be my guest. Smokey burnouts and hanging your tail out has nothing to do with going around a racetrack in the fastest possible fashion, mostly about showing off to the non cognoscenti. We've absorbed some kind of meme that drifting is actually faster driving. It's not. It's slower.

oh yeah, I agree. Big budget production...I thought Dorifto died with the conclusion of Initial D

Reactions: dfwatt