Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Updates from Palo Alto: Panoramic Roof, Homelink, Nose Cone, More

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some more pictures of the Sunset Red, showing the final nose cone design ("lip" removed, looks more aerodynamic.)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344784806.215311.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344785034.172177.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344785124.261340.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344784980.509527.jpg

For comparison: the Pearl white nose cone (with "lip")

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344785213.981303.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EDIT: Not sure why one of the images is rotated 90 degrees. It shows correctly in Tapatalk. Oh well, at least I now have a way to upload pics directly from iPad.

Last edited:
The Sunset Red had a solid black roof. I hadn't seen any pictures of this before, so here are a couple.

As you can see, the gloss is soo high, it really looks like an all-glass roof. The black roof makes the car look lower to the ground and very sporty--definitely this is a great color combination IMO.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344787210.656978.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344787234.855057.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures of the Sunset Red, showing the final nose cone design ("lip" removed, looks more aerodynamic.)

I like it. And agree it looks a tad more aerodynamic, cleaner. But I will be good with either style.

Tesla must be testing this look with us to see how we respond. My opinion is that they added the "lip" to the nose cone after everyone jumped on them back in Feb 2011 when they unveiled the nose cone on the alpha. Everyone gave them "lip" (ok, pun intended) about how it looked like a clown nose stuck onto the car. So they added the lip and other elements to it to "break it up" a bit. Well after viewing it for almost 1.5 years, we've grown accustomed to it. And going back to a more clean look may work now. But again, they both look good to my eyes.

Remember, Sunset Red is among the earliest of the Get Amped cars -- it was at the very first Fremont event. I shot a photo of the VIN but there was glare and it's unusable. But it was 105 or something similarly in the low low range.

That said, we noticed that there was a chrome alignment issue (not as pronounced as this photo) on one of the brand new cars, and pointed it out. We were told that as they've refined the body fit, that in turn affects the chrome trim fit, which is being further refined.

I hate to pick at things....but I noticed the lines didn't match up on the Sunset Red car. I know these things will be fixed....but I thought I would point it out.

I don't think it's miss-alignment, its just the door being not entirely closed. Compare to some of the other pictures of the right door where it looks perfectly aligned. Same thing with one of the pics of the front--sometimes the frunk was not closed all the way.

I spent a lot of time checking out the red and didn't notice any alignment issues.

I hope this shot was taken with the frunk "not closed all the way!!!!!"

frunk.jpg

These are from Stephen Pace's shots:

blue_frunk.jpg

The lines look clean along the frunk just up to the point beyond the light. In Stephen's prior picture, the frunk is open,...so maybe it isn't quite closed, but the lines look pretty tight elsewhere along the frunk.

silver_frunk.jpg

On the other hand, these lines look pretty good!!!

Last edited:
Pictures of the VINs with, ideally, a text or photo description of the vehicle color/perf/etc.
@brianman: Upon reviewing my videos, I realize that both black cars and the blue car at Palo Alto were performance models.

One Black car had the black/carbon interior, the blue had Tan, but I'm not sure I know which interior trim. If I find a photo I'll update.

@brianman: Upon reviewing my videos, I realize that both black cars and the blue car at Palo Alto were performance models.

One Black car had the black/carbon interior, the blue had Tan, but I'm not sure I know which interior trim. If I find a photo I'll update.
Suspected that, based on the 8th character in the VINs. Thanks for confirming.

And here folks have been saying that the only thing exclusive about sigs was the red color... :)

As my Sig was delivered on Saturday, Lee mentioned that mine is one of the first cars that he has seen with the new nose cone design. It seems to be "flatter" compared to the others that I've seen in pictures, but judge for yourself. I can get a closer pic later if needed.

IMG_2685.jpeg