Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USA MY RWD has soft limited LR battery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! Purchasing MY in Dec turned out to be a very wise decision, given it's actually just a software limited battery so we can charge to 100% without hurting the battery, plus before Tesla downgraded the audio system from premium to "custom"

Awesome! Purchasing MY in Dec turned out to be a very wise decision, given it's actually just a software limited battery so we can charge to 100% without hurting the battery, plus before Tesla downgraded the audio system from premium to "custom"

Agreed. I'm pretty sure the extras are not going to be present in the future, maybe as soon as the 2024 models come out.

It appears that the top 10% of the battery is limited. So if you charge to 100%, it will physically be around 90%. If you want to keep it at the recommended daily limit of 80%, you'll want to set the limit to 89%.

• Informative
Reactions: tfan2018
Where do you see 7 speakers listed on the configurator?
Model Y > Interior > Feature Details > Click right to Interior Features
Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 4.33.52 PM.png

Reactions: Technokrat
It will be interesting to see what the 2024 Model Y RWD has for a pack. Is it a small 2170 based one, or did they switch to using the Panasonic LR pack and continue to software limit it?
Also curious. Seems like it has to be a US-sourced pack of some sort, so I guess that leaves three choices:

Software locked Panasonic 2170 LR
Smaller Panasonic 2170 (a la the now defunct Model 3 Mid Range or similar?)
4680 structural pack from the prior MY AWD

Reactions: MP3Mike