Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB Music - cover art

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y'all are putting in way too much effort just so you can see that little thumbnail

No!

I took a lot of trouble to embed the correct album art in all my FLAC files. Seeing the thumbnail allows me to instantly ID the album where otherwise I'd have to squint and take my eyes off the road to see the text.

This is such a stupid bug and should be so easy to fix that it becomes extremely irritating when they continually neglect to fix it; instead just giving us stupid game after stupid fart sound in every update.

When coupled with the other deficiencies of USB music like no auto resume, no search, and the failure to respect track gain levels, it's really inexcusable. Music is basic...

#Quality

#AttentionToDetail

Last edited:
Y'all are putting in way too much effort just so you can see that little thumbnail. With all the challenges presenting right now, I continue to be amazed at this thread.

#FirstWorldProblems
This is what, the 5th time you've posted this to this thread? Perhaps you need to unwatch this thread and scroll past it if you have nothing original to say.

• Love
Reactions: anti and byeLT4
No!

I took a lot of trouble to embed the correct album art in all my FLAC files. Seeing the thumbnail allows me to instantly ID the album where otherwise I'd have to squint and take my eyes off the road to see the text.

This is such a stupid bug and should be so easy to fix that it becomes extremely irritating when they continually neglect to fix it; instead just giving us stupid game after stupid fart sound in every update.

When coupled with the other deficiencies of USB music like no auto resume, no search, and the failure to respect track gain levels, it's really inexcusable. Music is basic...

#Quality

#AttentionToDetail
Totally agree, such an easy fix that has been a problem since I purchased my first Tesla in 2013. Now I have to hit the usb icon at the bottom of the screen and choose the artist or album the hit the first song for it to play. Very hard to do when you are driving, when the album art shows up on the screen you just tap it and your done. I know all the other stupid games and noises are more important.

There are some who come to this thread to express their exasperation over an issue that clearly haunts their existence. There are others who are more mildly annoyed by the issue and watch this just to stay informed regarding resolution. It is inevitable that we annoy one another. I’ve been through this with numerous “complaint” threads. We may not understand the other faction but if we accept their existence things are smoother. I do understand the temptation to bait the excitable... but after a while realize it’s entirely predictable and not THAT much fun.

Real question, a few messages up someone said "auto resume" wasn't working on USB. Not sure what that means? Mine resumes from where it was every time i get in and out of the car.
I believe it has always worked for MP3. For FLAC, there was a period of a couple of years where it did not work. Then about a year ago, it was fixed... sort of. It works sometimes, and other times it does not work but can be made to resume by getting out of car and back in. I suspect reason it is intermittent and only happening to some is a start up timing issue that may relate to USB device.

Real question, a few messages up someone said "auto resume" wasn't working on USB. Not sure what that means? Mine resumes from where it was every time i get in and out of the car.
It works for me all the time also. But I think it's dependent on the speed of your drive, at least that's been my experience. I went through some 5-10 different drives before finding one that worked all the time.

Works for me all of the time. I have my music and TeslaCam on a 500 GB SSD that was partitioned, as others reported it might be the USB drive yours is connected to. Before I had 128 GB thumb drive and it would not always remember, it was also much slower to load.

I've got all the USB music issues in my car with FLAC on SSD. There's no cover art on FLAC files with embedded art. Music doesn't resume when getting in because the last played song is no longer queued. But the most annoying issue of all is that nothing shows in recents or favorites. It's frustrating to navigate a music library while driving when I could previously select from the last 12 or so albums with art in recents so easily.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Nobleman
You shouldn't have to, but one thing I found that always makes sure that your car picks up where you left off is to turn on your car before you get into it. Since I always turn on climate before I head to my car, I never have an issue picking up. 9,000+ songs on a USB thumb drive.

I've got all the USB music issues in my car with FLAC on SSD. There's no cover art on FLAC files with embedded art. Music doesn't resume when getting in because the last played song is no longer queued. But the most annoying issue of all is that nothing shows in recents or favorites. It's frustrating to navigate a music library while driving when I could previously select from the last 12 or so albums with art in recents so easily.
That is the exact same problem I have on my model s, who is going to want to pull off the road to be able to play their music. I do not have that problem on my model x because I refuse to install the update that messed up my S.

Lots of info on this thread about how to remedy. Have you tried em?