Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps you, that last “requirement” on my Tesla account for delivery information never got updated, even up to and after delivery, despite confirming the delivery details. That one “incomplete” really bugged me but delivery went off without a hitch.

Thanks for the input! I can't imagine having that section show incomplete the whole time while waiting for my car. It would've driven me nuts!

Here’s my timeline so far
May 7th: deposit placed on an 85D in Florida. I’m on the west cost so I ask to ship it to Salt Lake City, UT for pickup.

May 8th- May 16th. Nothing too exciting up to this point with multiple requests to fix the MVPA as they kept screwing it up. I have financing ready and paid my down payment.

May 17th: My advisor tells me the car hasn’t even left Florida yet. What??!! It will take 7-9 days to reach Utah and it hasn’t even left from when I put my deposit down. Because of the distance it is traveling this is terrible news, I’m guessing a June delivery at the earliest.

My advisor said it was normal but I don’t think it is. I am going to call the 800 number on Tuesday if I don’t get any news tomorrow.

Here’s my timeline so far
May 7th: deposit placed on an 85D in Florida. I’m on the west cost so I ask to ship it to Salt Lake City, UT for pickup.

May 8th- May 16th. Nothing too exciting up to this point with multiple requests to fix the MVPA as they kept screwing it up. I have financing ready and paid my down payment.

May 17th: My advisor tells me the car hasn’t even left Florida yet. What??!! It will take 7-9 days to reach Utah and it hasn’t even left from when I put my deposit down. Because of the distance it is traveling this is terrible news, I’m guessing a June delivery at the earliest.

My advisor said it was normal but I don’t think it is. I am going to call the 800 number on Tuesday if I don’t get any news tomorrow.
Well according to all the experiences posted in this thread so far it’s seeming pretty normal rofl.

Bought an S 85D on 4/28. Waited two weeks to find out the car finally was shipped to a service center that was going to replace the MCU and 12v as the car was dead at it's current location. Upon arrival at the new service center and after the work was done, car was still dead and concerns expressed about being "$10,000s to fix". Used Vehicle Sales Advisor (UVSA) stayed in touch entire time and called Friday afternoon, apologized for the hassle, called the car officially DOA, and let me switch to another car.

At first I was disappointed a bit as over the past 3 weeks I think I missed out on some pretty good deals (as I continued to watch the used inventory during that time) but honestly can't complain with what I was able to lock down Friday afternoon within an hour of being able to switch cars. Delivery Advisor then emailed me last night twice coordinating details of the delivery; being told 7-10 business to ship but I'm going to lean on them a bit to see if it can be accelerated given this car is only 800 miles away, and is alive...=), and given my DOA experience. Hoping I can get it by the holiday weekend.

Moral of my story to date: Longer timeline than I had hoped but great customer service so overall still positive and look forward to being an official member of the community!

Man, if you are going into a used Tesla purchase ordeal, I sure hope you know ahead of time it WILL be aggravating. I have looked at some used S's but just may keep the one I have. In my 3 years dealing with Tesla, service rep's have been courteous and helpful. BUT, often wrong! I lost count of how many wrong or different answers I have gotten

Bought an S 85D on 4/28. Waited two weeks to find out the car finally was shipped to a service center that was going to replace the MCU and 12v as the car was dead at it's current location. Upon arrival at the new service center and after the work was done, car was still dead and concerns expressed about being "$10,000s to fix". Used Vehicle Sales Advisor (UVSA) stayed in touch entire time and called Friday afternoon, apologized for the hassle, called the car officially DOA, and let me switch to another car.

At first I was disappointed a bit as over the past 3 weeks I think I missed out on some pretty good deals (as I continued to watch the used inventory during that time) but honestly can't complain with what I was able to lock down Friday afternoon within an hour of being able to switch cars. Delivery Advisor then emailed me last night twice coordinating details of the delivery; being told 7-10 business to ship but I'm going to lean on them a bit to see if it can be accelerated given this car is only 800 miles away, and is alive...=), and given my DOA experience. Hoping I can get it by the holiday weekend.

Moral of my story to date: Longer timeline than I had hoped but great customer service so overall still positive and look forward to being an official member of the community!
How did switching to a new car affect your loan? (Or was it a cash deal)That same situation would wreck havoc since they have already been paid…

@Saxgod, it actually worked out great. I originally went through Tesla Finance (TF) and landed with Wells Fargo (WF) @ 4.59% (72 months) but since I didn't officially "have the car", it was simply at the pre-approval stage, waiting for the details to happen. When my UVSA gave me the green light to swap cars, I asked about how the loan swap would work and after telling him about TF/WF he said very directly: You should look at BoA; better rates and we have a special relationship with them. Sure enough, he was right. End game: Locked in with BoA for 3.94% for 72 months. FTW!

Reactions: Saxgod
I too placed an order for 2015 85D on 5/2 and was supposed to pick it up in Vegas 5/17. Then magically Tesla shipped my car to NY. Now they apologized and are shipping it to MN around 5/26 or so still waiting. They used an outside shipper and I have found that most sales and delivery personnel are new so they don’t have a lot of knowledge. Buying used is definitely a LONG process.

• Love
Reactions: Saxgod
@Saxgod, it actually worked out great. I originally went through Tesla Finance (TF) and landed with Wells Fargo (WF) @ 4.59% (72 months) but since I didn't officially "have the car", it was simply at the pre-approval stage, waiting for the details to happen. When my UVSA gave me the green light to swap cars, I asked about how the loan swap would work and after telling him about TF/WF he said very directly: You should look at BoA; better rates and we have a special relationship with them. Sure enough, he was right. End game: Locked in with BoA for 3.94% for 72 months. FTW!

What year S did you buy ?

Looks like a very nice ride. I was curious on what that stuff around the sun roof looks like a seal or something may be worth inspecting before you take delivery.
Thanks!
I noticed that too. Was thinking that deal was standard and had turned white from the sun or being waxed. Hard to find other pictures to compare it to and be sure.