Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Teslas now 1 year / 10k mile warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

All you can get now is 1 year warranty after delivery or 10k miles.

My warranty documents have been deleted from my account as well.

Attachments

• warranty.png
    warranty.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 89
Tesla’s business practices are truly disgusting.

Waiting to see how the fanboys will spin this one.
What is “disgusting” about changing terms on used car purchases moving forward? They were already WELL out of the mainstream with their generous used car warranties.

Either buy or don’t based on the terms, but there’s certainly nothing “disgusting” about it.

So, they no longer provide photos, you can’t test drive the used car before purchase and now you only get a 10000 mile warranty? Lord, they really don’t want to sell those.

They were already WELL out of the mainstream with their generous used car warranties.

The warranty was in line with other CPO programs, even though Tesla no longer reconditioned the cars. Teslas used cars were also priced like CPOs, so you were paying for that warranty. I expect they will have to drop prices to move cars now.

What is “disgusting” about changing terms on used car purchases moving forward? They were already WELL out of the mainstream with their generous used car warranties.

Either buy or don’t based on the terms, but there’s certainly nothing “disgusting” about it.
Because they are removing warranty docs from existing owners account and will likely make it more difficult for them to obtain service. Just like they did with battery warranties and unlimited connectivity and free supercharging in the past.

And sorry, but 1yr/10K miles on a $60K+ vehicle? That’s disgusting. What other manufacturer offers such a crap warranty for their flagship product?

But I guess you addressed my question. Nice try to put a positive spin on it.

My warranty documents have been deleted from my account as well.
Does anyone have a PDF copy of the old warranty? I'm worried Tesla might try to stiff me and I didn't download my own copy because I was naive.

Supposedly you can contact [email protected] and request a copy of the warranty document that was applicable at your sale.

And in the future, always download all your documents from Tesla. This is very common practice for them to do.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and aesculus
Because they are removing warranty docs from existing owners account and will likely make it more difficult for them to obtain service. Just like they did with battery warranties and unlimited connectivity and free supercharging in the past.

There's essentially zero evidence of people having difficulty obtaining service under the warranty terms that apply to their car. You're making this up. They clearly print an effective date on the cover page of the warranty doc for exactly this reason.

And sorry, but 1yr/10K miles on a $60K+ second-hand USED vehicle?
FTFY

That’s disgusting. What other manufacturer offers such a crap warranty for their flagship product?
No, it's normal. Show me another company that provides complimentary warranties up to 100k miles on USED cars.

But I guess you addressed my question. Nice try to put a positive spin on it.
It is what it is. If you don't like the currently available terms, don't buy a used car.

Last edited:
The warranty was in line with other CPO programs, even though Tesla no longer reconditioned the cars. Teslas used cars were also priced like CPOs, so you were paying for that warranty. I expect they will have to drop prices to move cars now.
Agreed, I'd expect to see price drops to make up for the reduced coverage. Given the recent price drops on NEW cars, I expect their entire used inventory needs a good price reduction in any case.