Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moab Status:

Stopped by Moab yesterday, but it was after dark. Things look pretty far along. Looks like they are doing the last bit of wiring to the Supercharger Cabinets and pulling the HV, 3-Phase cables to the curb that is directly under the 3-Phase pole line on that street. Nice location in a relatively undesirable spot in the hotel parking lot, with good access to power. The fencing looked like it was staged and ready to put up around the Supercharger Cabinets, and the Distribution Box.

Looks like the utility is on-site, and all the rest is close to completion; I would guess a week or so for Moab to go online! :biggrin:

Charging Stations with Fencing Staged for Enclosure:
Moab Charging Stations.JPG

HV Wiring Being Pulled from Transformer to Curb Area Under HV, 3-Phase Pole Line:
Moab HV Wiring.JPG

Connections Inside of Supercharger Cabinet. Generally, from left to right are 480V, 3-Phase; Coolant Tubing; Low Voltage Wiring to Charging Stations, Power Wiring to Charging Stations:
Moab Supercharger Wiring-1.JPG

Moab Supercharger Wiring-2.JPG

This in a Salt Lake City newspaper. I have made some comments, maybe you Utah folks can help out: Utah charging station powering up for Tesla Motors

Nice, simple, factual article.

Having charged there last night and scouted there last week, I can tell you the Blanding Supercharger is a wonderful, little delight! BTW, I think that I may have been the first customer MS to charge in Blanding.

The visitors' center has 24 hour bathroom. There is a huge green space in the back with a BIG play structure, several individual, shaded picnic tables, and a big open pavilion with many picnic tables. There is a nice little burger joint across the street and several businesses down main street. For a town of a few thousand folks in a pretty remote place, I could not imagine something nicer.

Grainy pic of me charging. The site is mostly cleaned up, but the construction fence is still in place.
Blanding-sm.JPG

My little Quadcopter Video from last week's scouting trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Cottonwood, the article gene posted from the Standard Examiner sez:
"It shares property with the Blanding Visitor Center, where officials say they're waiting for the first Tesla to show up in a remote part of southern Utah." Ha! Guess a Tesla (yours) is stealthier than they realize.

That photo - dark, lens flares, construction fence - Beautiful !!!

Hey Cottonwood, the article gene posted from the Standard Examiner sez:
"It shares property with the Blanding Visitor Center, where officials say they're waiting for the first Tesla to show up in a remote part of southern Utah." Ha! Guess a Tesla (yours) is stealthier than they realize.

That photo - dark, lens flares, construction fence - Beautiful !!!

Thanks! See below; they still may not know.

- - - Updated - - -

Cottonwood, you might call the Blanding visitors center and let them know you were there. You might have slipped in and out of town unseen!

You are absolutely right. I will call and thank them this morning. I try to thank Supercharger hosts whenever I can.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are. I was honestly a little disappointed, I was hoping to be the first. :crying:

Moab is almost done. Maybe you can grab first customer charger there, or on down the road, it looks like 6 more Superchargers for Utah in 2014. Good luck!

Cottonwood, you might call the Blanding visitors center and let them know you were there. You might have slipped in and out of town unseen!

I gave them a call this morning. The man who answered the phone was very happy all went well, appreciated the call, and hoped to see me on another visit soon. I told him traffic should pick up in a month or two when a few more stations were completed to finish the coast to coast route.

The direct number to the Blanding Visitor's Center is 435-678-3662; the town web page lists the main town phone number, not this one.

As I said before, offering a thank you to the Supercharger host can go a long way in creating a positive relationship. :smile:

Here are the photos I took today at the Museum in Green River.

image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

No construction so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are photos from Moab, hopefully my post doesn't get combined.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    912.7 KB · Views: 558
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    955.2 KB · Views: 561
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 574
Supercharger - St George, UT

St George has supposedly been permitted already. So perhaps all will be covered?

I hope that you are correct that all three are coming. I agree that the Supercharger Dashboard dots look like Cedar City and Beaver, but the 2014 sites on the Tesla Supercharger map look further north (see below). From past history, I would tend to trust the dashboard as having better, more recent info.

The Beaver to Green River section is a long one at 184 miles. Maybe there is a Salina Supercharger in the future plans, and for now, there is always the Butch Cassidy RV Park and Campground in Salina, Utah for a quick top up and ATV ride. :wink:

2014-SW-Superchargers.png

On the other hand, if I squint hard as I look at the 2014 map on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page, and I consider what would make the most sense, here is another possibility:

1. St. George, UT - 123 miles from Las Vegas, NV
  2. Beaver, UT - 104 miles from St. George
  3. Richfield, UT - 63 miles from Beaver
  4. Green River, UT - 123 miles from Richfield
  5. Grand Junction, CO - 102 miles from Green River

2014-SW-Superchargers.png

On the other hand, if I squint hard as I look at the 2014 map on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page, and I consider what would make the most sense, here is another possibility:

1. St. George, UT - 123 miles from Las Vegas, NV
  2. Beaver, UT - 104 miles from St. George
  3. Richfield, UT - 63 miles from Beaver
  4. Green River, UT - 123 miles from Richfield
  5. Grand Junction, CO - 102 miles from Green River

View attachment 43195

For possibly selfish reasons it seems that Cedar City makes more sense that Beaver. Either get you to the next stop in Richfield without issue (Cedar City to Richfield is about 115 miles). But Cedar City opens up Duck Creek, Brian Head and Bryce Canyon for people coming from the south. There aren't a lot of charging options in any of those destinations, and Cedar City would mean not needing to charge in Duck Creek, BH or BC before heading back home. Cedar City would probably mean needing another SC site before Provo, though Beaver-Provo could be troublesome in the cold so something inbetween might be needed anyway. Scipio perhaps?