Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Utah Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We really need to get some feet on the ground in Moab/Blanding and see how close they are to being completed!

Sometimes you get your wishes answered. I was not able to drive my MS to Utah, but the magic carpet was available to fly from Pagosa to Moab to Blanding and home. Here is a picture from the magic carpet about 15 miles SE of Telluride. You really need good winter tires in this country or a magic carpet. :wink:

Magic.JPG

I went to Moab then Blanding, but Blanding was much more interesting. The same crew is doing both Moab and Blanding and they were at Blanding today. Blanding is further along, and the crew hopes to do the turn-on tests this Friday, Jan 10. The transformer is in place and they are just pulling the last wires, making connections and getting ready for Friday.

Moab is still waiting for the transformer and has a lot more site work. The crew guesstimated another 2 weeks for Moab. Moab was so boring, and some weather was coming in, so I did not pull out the quadcopter there.

Blanding did get the aerial survey though! Go full screen and use the gear icon in the lower right to go to 720 or 1080 res if your internet will support that.

The solar panels look like they were there before the Supercharger install, and the substation was close. Here are a few more stills:

A great shot of the 2,000 Amp bus bars in the interconnect cabinets:

Blanding Bus.JPG

A nice view of the site with exciting downtown Blanding in the background... The visitors center did look nice and there are a couple of placed to eat.

Blanding Site-Downtown.jpeg

As I said Moab was pretty boring. Here is the best shot that I could get of the site, behind the Best Western, Canyonlands.

Moab Site.JPG

As you can see, they still have some conduits to put in and backfill at the stalls. The horizontal drilling is done and the conduits do go from the Supercharger cabinets to the trench already.

Moab Stalls.JPG

I was able to get a nice shot of the two Supercharger Cabinets already set on their concrete base in Moab.

Moab-Superchargers.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you get your wishes answered. I was not able to drive my MS to Utah, but the magic carpet was available to fly from Pagosa to Moab to Blanding and home. Here is a picture from the magic carpet about 15 miles SE of Telluride. You really need good winter tires in this country or a magic carpet. :wink:

View attachment 40127

I went to Moab then Blanding, but Blanding was much more interesting. The same crew is doing both Moab and Blanding and they were at Blanding today. Blanding is further along, and the crew hopes to do the turn-on tests this Friday, Jan 10. The transformer is in place and they are just pulling the last wires, making connections and getting ready for Friday.

Moab is still waiting for the transformer and has a lot more site work. The crew guesstimated another 2 weeks for Moab. Moab was so boring, and some weather was coming in, so I did not pull out the quadcopter there.

Blanding did get the aerial survey though! Go full screen and use the gear icon in the lower right to go to 720 or 1080 res if your internet will support that.

The solar panels look like they were there before the Supercharger install, and the substation was close. Here are a few more stills:

A great shot of the 2,000 Amp bus bars in the interconnect cabinets:

View attachment 40128

A nice view of the site with exciting downtown Blanding in the background... The visitors center did look nice and there are a couple of placed to eat.

View attachment 40129

As I said Moab was pretty boring. Here is the best shot that I could get of the site, behind the Best Western, Canyonlands.

View attachment 40130

As you can see, they still have some conduits to put in and backfill at the stalls. The horizontal drilling is done and the conduits do go from the Supercharger cabinets to the trench already.

View attachment 40131

I was able to get a nice shot of the two Supercharger Cabinets already set on their concrete base in Moab.

View attachment 40132

Thanks for the video and pictures.

The existing solar panels raises the question: will Tesla put a solar array on top of the 4 stalls being that they will not be South facing?

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Cottonwood:
Outstanding trek on your part to visit TWO sites still under-construction.
Thanks for the photos and updates: The connection continues.
Probably pretty soon you will be visiting and charging, maybe even attending some of the ribbon cutting ceremonies and celebration.:cool:

Yeeeeeahh! If you had asked not too long ago where the FIRST one in Utah would probably be . . . Blanding, we'll lets just say it might not have made the 'short list'. Right there where it belongs on the TM SC page: between WA & SD !

If you do go down to Blanding this weekend, try and stop by Green River and Moab. You might get some good construction photos there.

Charged at Blanding tonight; it was after dark so the pictures are not good, will upload in the morning.

Also, got a few after dark pics of Moab that I will up load in the morning. Looks like they are a week or so from completion. They were half way through pulling and connecting the High Voltage 3-Phase on the primary of the transformer. Everything else looked complete, or almost complete, except for the enclosure fence.